Search
Like Tree349Likes

NOVAROSSI Engine thread....

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by srt4johnny

Front bearing seal let go after one run on the track motor has just over a gallon of 30/10 bones. Wondering if any internal damage was a sandy track should be pulled apart and replaced I’m guessing?
That double seal bearing is the best one out there, I highly doubt the second seal let contaminants in. Just for peice of mind, I would take it apart and do a thorough inspection and clean. If everything looks good just replace the front bearing.

As far as the front bearing failure... I'm pretty sure your flywheel is rubbing against it after trimming your collet. I suggest using a new (unmodified) collet and use an extend (stepped) front washer to get the proper clutch bell shimmimg.
Micah78 likes this.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Juice1
That double seal bearing is the best one out there, I highly doubt the second seal let contaminants in. Just for peice of mind, I would take it apart and do a thorough inspection and clean. If everything looks good just replace the front bearing.

As far as the front bearing failure... I'm pretty sure your flywheel is rubbing against it after trimming your collet. I suggest using a new (unmodified) collet and use an extend (stepped) front washer to get the proper clutch bell shimmimg.
Juice thanks that’s what I was thinking new collet and check everything out make sure looks good. Any links to these stepped front washer the Losi one i used wasn’t stepped deep enough to avoid binding hence this whole filing and shortening the losi collet.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Juice thanks that’s what I was thinking new collet and check everything out make sure looks good. Any links to these stepped front washer the Losi one i used wasn’t stepped deep enough to avoid binding hence this whole filing and shortening the losi collet.
There are also shims you could buy. Just search on Amain for some 3x5x0.5 shims and use as many as you need before installing the Losi washer. They also come in different thicknesses.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roelof
I just wonder what you just send....
As you may know this is a forum where questions, answers and discussions are done in the open so everyone can enjoy the reading and step in.
If it was something personal or something commercial you do not want to show us, just do not make such posts so we (for sure I) do not get curious to know what you just have send. And to be honest, the receiver will know you did send him a PM by a notification on top of the page and if the settings are right, by email.....
He is referring to a conversation that I had with Novarossi on Facebook about the bottom end needle on the Rolling.

Last edited by petersen114; 07-22-2019 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Xx
Old 07-23-2019, 04:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sound

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
track dependent and weather but generally 9-10:30 on the rolling
the p5 was still rich and a tick pinch yet but a solid 10 mins so far.. changed the header to a shorter one to try and get a tick more top end.. if the rain holds out I will know sat night on how it pulls.
sounds good. Keep us updated if u can!
Old 07-23-2019, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DXPinoyRC
sounds good. Keep us updated if u can!
p5 is in good race tune. shorter header did the trick. good low end and yet got my top end out of it. 930-10 min motor in the truggy and does just fine. jeremy
DXPinoyRC likes this.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default .25 Roma Engine inside a buggy

Has anyone tried the .25 Roma Engine in a buggy? I'm curious of the runtime, venturi, temperature, pipe, and if the power is controllable. I understand this is a great truggy engine.

cheers! Novarossi for life!
Old 07-23-2019, 04:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
p5 is in good race tune. shorter header did the trick. good low end and yet got my top end out of it. 930-10 min motor in the truggy and does just fine. jeremy

how about the rolling how has that engine been for you?
Old 07-24-2019, 07:42 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Any tips on where to look to correct a flameout that happens say 10 minutes into a race?

We are thinking the glowplug may need to be replaced. Vehicle had at least half a tank of fuel, fired up quickly and temps were about 250 on a Paloma Limited .21

Been working well in general, just had that happen and probably cost me 3rd place . Hoping to get them next time
Old 07-24-2019, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Any tips on where to look to correct a flameout that happens say 10 minutes into a race?

We are thinking the glowplug may need to be replaced. Vehicle had at least half a tank of fuel, fired up quickly and temps were about 250 on a Paloma Limited .21

Been working well in general, just had that happen and probably cost me 3rd place . Hoping to get them next time
Ever try swapping to a c5tgc instead?

I've had certain Novas, like the Elite 5 and Elite 8 that just seem to run better on a c5tgc instead of a c6tgc for whatever reason. Seems to improve the idle and minimize the flameouts.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:45 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bash bros
Ever try swapping to a c5tgc instead?

I've had certain Novas, like the Elite 5 and Elite 8 that just seem to run better on a c5tgc instead of a c6tgc for whatever reason. Seems to improve the idle and minimize the flameouts.
total noob here with nitro so can give that a look. Right now I have a whole bunch of oddonnell plugs that came brand new sealed that I have heard can work well too.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

how about the rolling how has that engine been for you?
the rolling engines have been great but just tried the p5 in the truggy for a bit on shorter tracks. .. on longer tracks I will use the rolling
Old 07-25-2019, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cain
total noob here with nitro so can give that a look. Right now I have a whole bunch of oddonnell plugs that came brand new sealed that I have heard can work well too.
I was always told it's not good to go back and forth between brand of plugs. The pitch or bevel whatever you wanna call it is slightly different from brand to brand.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Millikan
I was always told it's not good to go back and forth between brand of plugs. The pitch or bevel whatever you wanna call it is slightly different from brand to brand.
I've never had any problems going back and forth between nova and o'donnell plugs, those are the only two types I use.

Try experimenting with plugs, between the 77t, 97t, c5tgc, or c6tgc I usually find one that hits the sweet spot.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:20 AM
am
Tech Master

Many moons ago we had some trouble with ghost flameouts. Put on a 0,1mm shim on the underhead and your problem is gone :-)
Cain likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.