Search
Like Tree349Likes

NOVAROSSI Engine thread....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default New on road .21

Looking at another wc35 and mephisto. Anyone have actual experience with both? Looking to hear what differences if any were noted.

Thanks
Old 07-31-2019, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

The mephesto is a good engine but its not going to knock your socks off with power. Its a four port engine with a small crank compared to say a Mito 4. For that reason it is smoother on the bottom and on looser tracks it will be a good choice. The stock pipe suggested for it helps the engine get up to speed and with the DLC coated crank gives it high revs for longer straights with goo gas mileage. Only issue is its softer on the bottom but with some testing and some diff headers for diff conditions it can be good. I ran it with a 41031 header and the 2135 pipe but does not have that great of gas mileage. Also don't be afraid to run it with a 7-7.5 venturi to open it up.

For the price I like the Mito line of engines and the Rolling. Far better choices with power without having to have a lot of extras to make it go fast out the box.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mustangkillaz
Looking at another wc35 and mephisto. Anyone have actual experience with both? Looking to hear what differences if any were noted.

Thanks
This is the offroad section, might get better answers in the onroad section.
Originally Posted by roblupo
The mephesto is a good engine but its not going to knock your socks off with power. Its a four port engine with a small crank compared to say a Mito 4. For that reason it is smoother on the bottom and on looser tracks it will be a good choice. The stock pipe suggested for it helps the engine get up to speed and with the DLC coated crank gives it high revs for longer straights with goo gas mileage. Only issue is its softer on the bottom but with some testing and some diff headers for diff conditions it can be good. I ran it with a 41031 header and the 2135 pipe but does not have that great of gas mileage. Also don't be afraid to run it with a 7-7.5 venturi to open it up.

For the price I like the Mito line of engines and the Rolling. Far better choices with power without having to have a lot of extras to make it go fast out the box.
DLC doesn't do anything for top speed, performance differences comes from other things.
Pedro Jesus likes this.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:48 AM
Tech Lord

DLC is used for 2 reasons:

1) surface hardening
2) low friction surface to deal with the issue where lubrication stops working.

Lubrication is an issue with high rpm engines like the onroad engines. Lubrication has a speed limint to where it works. Going beyond lts say 45.000rpm with onroad engines there is a short moment of a bad lubrication, the low friction DLC surface will take care. All depends the qualuity of the used oil.....

Basically only the crankpin is most needed to have the DLC, that the whole crankshaft is done is just the process.
Pedro Jesus likes this.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roelof
DLC is used for 2 reasons:

1) surface hardening
2) low friction surface to deal with the issue where lubrication stops working.

Lubrication is an issue with high rpm engines like the onroad engines. Lubrication has a speed limint to where it works. Going beyond lts say 45.000rpm with onroad engines there is a short moment of a bad lubrication, the low friction DLC surface will take care. All depends the qualuity of the used oil.....

Basically only the crankpin is most needed to have the DLC, that the whole crankshaft is done is just the process.
There is other ways to reduce the friction as well, some is used before they apply the DLC or it would turn in to a file.
But the hardness and low coefficient of friction does help if the oil or additives isn't there. I guess one reason why it has become more popular is all the full synthetic fuels for racing.
Piston pin can also benefit from it, but I don't think there is any engines anymore that run that.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Paloma @$169 vs Bonito @ $189

Hello, I am looking for a new engine for my Inferno GT2, and I am wondering if there is a huge difference between the two motors.

The specs read the same for both, and I am curious why the $20 difference between the two... what makes the Bonito superior?
Old 08-04-2019, 02:00 AM
am
Tech Master

Originally Posted by roblupo

Try rhe angeld 41001 or 41005 headers. Gives you more power. The 180 curved ones smoothend out engies to much.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

What header would you guys recommend for the Nova Rolling 7 port in a truggy with the 9901? Shorter tight track running Losi 4 shoes dynamite aluminum with 2 gold 2 green springs. Thanks
Old 08-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have two Nova Engines .21, One needs to be repinched and has a new piston shaft the other is for parts, if anyone is interested ?.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by am
Try rhe angeld 41001 or 41005 headers. Gives you more power. The 180 curved ones smoothend out engies to much.
^^
Originally Posted by srt4johnny
What header would you guys recommend for the Nova Rolling 7 port in a truggy with the 9901? Shorter tight track running Losi 4 shoes dynamite aluminum with 2 gold 2 green springs. Thanks
Old 08-11-2019, 02:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NitroVein
^^
What about 41032 or 41033 vs the 41001?
Old 08-11-2019, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by srt4johnny

What about 41032 or 41033 vs the 41001?
They will all work, but if you're going to run a truggy on a short track I would go for one of the "square" instead of curved, and a longer will give you more bottom end.
Manifoldsi for 3,5/4,66cc Off-Road Engines - NOVA | Novarossi World - NOVAROSSI WORLD
Old 08-11-2019, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The square 41032 will give the most top end of any of those manifolds - it’s the shortest and conical. If you care about fuel mileage, you’ll probably want to opt for a cylindrical header of moderate length. These manifolds make less power, which in turn consumes less fuel.

As has been mentioned by Neal and others in the past - the manifold has more influence on an engine’s behavior than the pipe ever will.

I wish I could get ahold of a shorter conical manifold than the 41032 for my 8T 3.0 with mod P5XLT engine. It could use more top end. I’m in the process of managing the clutch and adjusting differential oil viscosities in the meantime.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:17 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SlowLST2
As has been mentioned by Neal and others in the past - the manifold has more influence on an engine’s behavior than the pipe ever will.
You think?
I see the manifold more as a fine tune on the exhaust.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
You think?
I see the manifold more as a fine tune on the exhaust.
A fine tune? LOL. The manifold is the heart of the engine only next to the port size, shape, and timing. Hardly part of the “fine tuning”. That’s what the pipe really is because most 1/8 pipes are very near the same size and volume. Internal shapes and lengths can alter the wave timing, but the biggest factor is the overall length of the system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.