Like Tree349Likes

NOVAROSSI Engine thread....

Old 07-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pedro Jesus
Hello my friends, I'm here with problems with a Novarossi Mantra.
I bought the new engine in the box, what happens and I follow what Novarossi says in the manual.
And I can not get the engine to make a deposit to the idle, so I'll fire the igniter glowplug engine soon.
The only way the engine does not go down and use the embedded glowplug igniter, I already made two deposits so idle, but no solution.
I'm using a hot air gun to warm up the engine and start working at 100 degrees.

Thank You
I suggest puting the needles back to stock and put in a new plug.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chad Millikan
I suggest puting the needles back to stock and put in a new plug.
The needles is stock factory don´t tuch in needles and the glowplug is new CTO6.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pedro Jesus
Hello my friends, I'm here with problems with a Novarossi Mantra.
I bought the new engine in the box, what happens and I follow what Novarossi says in the manual.
And I can not get the engine to make a deposit to the idle, so I'll fire the igniter glowplug engine soon.
The only way the engine does not go down and use the embedded glowplug igniter, I already made two deposits so idle, but no solution.
I'm using a hot air gun to warm up the engine and start working at 100 degrees.

Thank You

Not sure what you mean by made deposits , Should be warmer then 100 degrees too right? We want these over 200 for break in I thought
Old 07-09-2019, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Still waiting to hear back from Novarossi sent them an email haven’t heard back not sure which needle settings I should use for initial startup. Manual and what actual settings are much different
Old 07-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by srt4johnny

Not sure what you mean by made deposits , Should be warmer then 100 degrees too right? We want these over 200 for break in I thought
I believe he's using something to translate, makes it hard to understand. But he's in Europe, so it's Celsius.
Still waiting to hear back from Novarossi sent them an email haven’t heard back not sure which needle settings I should use for initial startup. Manual and what actual settings are much different
They are usually set so you can start them from the factory, then they always needs to be adjusted anyhow, so it's anyone's guess where they'll end up.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think he is referring to 100 degrees in Celsius.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just broke in my Rolling this past Sunday. I have the 41021/9901 pipe combo and am using an aluminum 3 shoe clutch with I believe 1mm springs. Started from factory settings and slightly adjusted low speed needle and idle screw to hold idle. I pre heated to about 190* F using a heat gun before starting. Then used heat gun to maintain temp between 180*-200*. Used the method below:

Old 07-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Galatians2 20
I just broke in my Rolling this past Sunday. I have the 41021/9901 pipe combo and am using an aluminum 3 shoe clutch with I believe 1mm springs. Started from factory settings and slightly adjusted low speed needle and idle screw to hold idle. I pre heated to about 190* F using a heat gun before starting. Then used heat gun to maintain temp between 180*-200*. Used the method below:

https://youtu.be/2_qddxn1k6A
thanks for the info just shot you a pm !
Old 07-11-2019, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Having trouble with shimming and tightening up my Losi 4 shoe aluminum to this Nova Rolling. I’m using the Losi brass collet took the Nova one off the flywheel wouldn’t slide down far enough to catch clutch but with the Nova. Pulled crankshaft out and slide collet tight tightened clutch/flywheel down with clutch nut. Have one .2mm shim behind main rear bearing them 13T stock Losi clutchbell chbel Keeps it just off the flywheel so she spins free. Next I have the smaller outer bearing and then a variety of combos that won’t work. My problem is when tightening everything up it gets too tight and clutchbell won’t spin freely.

Is my crankshaft too short it doesn’t extend out past the front bearing? Ive tried it with a shin, no shim, the Losi plastic clutch spacer, without. Nothing works
Old 07-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=srt4johnny;15478551]
Having trouble with shimming and tightening up my Losi 4 shoe aluminum to this Nova Rolling. I’m using the Losi brass collet took the Nova one off the flywheel wouldn’t slide down far enough to catch clutch but with the Nova. Pulled crankshaft out and slide collet tight tightened clutch/flywheel down with clutch nut. Have one .2mm shim behind main rear bearing them 13T stock Losi clutchbell chbel Keeps it just off the flywheel so she spins free. Next I have the smaller outer bearing and then a variety of combos that won’t work. My problem is when tightening everything up it gets too tight and clutchbell won’t spin freely.

Is my crankshaft too short it doesn’t extend out past the front bearing? Ive tried it with a shin, no shim, the Losi plastic clutch spacer, without. Nothing works
[/QUOTE

Update, I ended up filing the collet down from 4.8mm depth to 4.4mm and everything worked perfect crankshaft cane out to about flush with bearing didn’t need any outer shims just used the losi clutch spacer and and the end play was perfect. Got the rolling 7 in and started break in using ty Tessmann method. I’m onto the 5th tank hopefully I can get a few more in this weekend. Thanks guys
Old 07-14-2019, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

What were your problems with that carb just keeping a tune? I just got the motor today and checked needle settings they were 4 1/4 on HS, 3 3/4 on LS, 1 3/4 on the middle. The manual says factory settings are 3 1/2 on HS, 5 on the LS and 1.5 on the middle. You think you should break it in with these or Richen it up a bit ? Did an unboxing one handed pretty shaky . Thanks for your help guys.

https://youtu.be/R0LrT0mg5So

Also what clutch you guys think I should go with looking at https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-lo...RoCk0gQAvD_BwE

Or https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-lo...lr9102/p211985
5 out is way too much on the bottom! I had to go 3 out. I had a conversation with Novarossi on this.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Sent you a pm.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:45 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by petersen114

Sent you a pm.
I just wonder what you just send....
As you may know this is a forum where questions, answers and discussions are done in the open so everyone can enjoy the reading and step in.
If it was something personal or something commercial you do not want to show us, just do not make such posts so we (for sure I) do not get curious to know what you just have send. And to be honest, the receiver will know you did send him a PM by a notification on top of the page and if the settings are right, by email.....
Old 07-14-2019, 04:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks ya I never heard anything from Nova but after getting to about 12 tanks I started taking the low speed in a little from was supper rich on the bottom end
Old 07-19-2019, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Front bearing seal let go after one run on the track motor has just over a gallon of 30/10 bones. Wondering if any internal damage was a sandy track should be pulled apart and replaced I’m guessing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.