Search
Like Tree349Likes

NOVAROSSI Engine thread....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brewert
I normally run a Werks B6 Pro2, and I bought a Karma to try out since I had a 9901 pipe. It's a good engine for the money. Very mild engine. I don't care for the carb pinch bolt that it comes with, so I changed it out with the one from my worn out Keep Off 4.
Thanks for the information I'll have to give it a run
Old 08-02-2017, 05:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Got a question guys, and don't shoot me for not knowing this. I've been searching around and haven't found an answer. I just picked up my first ever nova engine, a Mito 4. It's for a truggy and I'm curious about glow plugs. In the past I always ran OS or RB Concepts engines, now it's been nothing but reds. With the Reds I've just been running Protek plugs based off air temp with great success. Can I continue this with the Nova motor or is it going to be finicky and demand a Nova plug to idle well? Just trying to see if I need to start carrying double my stock. Thanks,
Old 08-02-2017, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slodsm
Got a question guys, and don't shoot me for not knowing this. I've been searching around and haven't found an answer. I just picked up my first ever nova engine, a Mito 4. It's for a truggy and I'm curious about glow plugs. In the past I always ran OS or RB Concepts engines, now it's been nothing but reds. With the Reds I've just been running Protek plugs based off air temp with great success. Can I continue this with the Nova motor or is it going to be finicky and demand a Nova plug to idle well? Just trying to see if I need to start carrying double my stock. Thanks,
I am still new to nitro but I only run the C6TGC in my Novas
Old 08-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Definitely nova plugs or O'Donnell.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's been a long time since I was a member of this forum, so bear with me..

I had picked this engine up some time ago on an impulse. I know it's old, but it has Ron Paris's name on it.. So I figured it would have some value since NIB examples are pretty rare it seems. Anyway, I'd like to get a little information about it and maybe a reasonable comparison to current engines. It's been years since I'd seen an engine with a boost chamber or boost bottle. It's a Paris Novarossi BX21 SBK01. 5-port short stroke with Boost chamber. I know it was intended for Buggy, but could it be suitable for a truggy maybe? Maybe a 1/10th MT or Truggy, if not a buggy. I wouldn't mind having a buggy maybe.

It's NIB, all paperwork from Nova and Paris. Were these built to Paris Racing's specs or were they modified by Paris?
Attached Thumbnails NOVAROSSI  Engine thread....-img_4700.jpg   NOVAROSSI  Engine thread....-img_4701.jpg   NOVAROSSI  Engine thread....-img_4702.jpg   NOVAROSSI  Engine thread....-img_4703.jpg   NOVAROSSI  Engine thread....-img_4704.jpg  

Last edited by RCTecher12; 08-08-2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 08-03-2017, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Get the nova c5tgn (all condition)
Old 08-03-2017, 09:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

i would recommend novarossi plugs to you but if you run your OS plugs continue to do so through the life of the engine ... p4 is more suited to novarossi configuration than p3 ....

happy motorin'
DXPinoyRC likes this.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Hello houston,

Is there any reason why we should keep using OS Plug on Novarossi engine when we already have been using it?

I noticed that the lower taper side of the Turbo Plug is a bit different between Novarossi and OS.

Is this the reason?

Cheers..

Originally Posted by houston
i would recommend novarossi plugs to you but if you run your OS plugs continue to do so through the life of the engine ... p4 is more suited to novarossi configuration than p3 ....

happy motorin'
Old 08-04-2017, 07:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston

happy motorin'

Hmmm, well with that and other info posted here, I'm tempted to sell my Reds and get another Novarossi just so I only have to keep one plug on hand. I am not exactly brand loyal to motors since RB went out of business, I just like reliable and Nova's are extremely reliable I've been told. I've not a single complaint with my Reds either, it's a beast in a buggy but still, I tend to keep brands of vehicles similar between scales for ease of maintenance, guess I could do the same with motors.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Novarossi flashback...

This is an engine I don't know a lot about - it was an impulse buy. I'd like to get what information about it I can and either find a collector that wants it or I'm gonna put it to use and run it in something. It's got the Paris name on it, so it has a little provenance. According to the paperwork, it was one of Paris's last engines as it was manufactured in 2000. I don't know if it was hand modified or made to Paris' specs. Either way it's a NIB engine with all paperwork and original "tuning bible". I'm sure some will recognize it - its said to be the "grandfather" to the P5. This is a Paris Racing Novarossi BX21 SBK01 5-port short stoke buggy engine. Nothing fancy it seems - but any information I can get on it would be nice to have. Is it worth anything? I doubt I'd get my money back out of it, so I will probably end up running it in something. Maybe.
Attached Thumbnails NOVAROSSI  Engine thread....-img_4700.jpg   NOVAROSSI  Engine thread....-img_4701.jpg   NOVAROSSI  Engine thread....-img_4703.jpg  
Old 08-05-2017, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

What happened to novarossi at the 2017 European Championships, Only 2.4% show up. That is a very weak number for nova engines. Os engine had 23.8% and not to mention there re batch mills. Has they're popularity falling that bad?
http://www.neobuggy.net/page/2/
Old 08-05-2017, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

probably not paying top drivers anymore.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Tech Lord

Counting all OS and Nova made engines there are a lot OS made and stiil not much but a better number Nova based.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by keithw11
Whats a good pipe for the roma .25
Mine loves the 9886 and 41001 header.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a weird situation going on....I have done this for a while and I always have had great motor performance and longevity. I understand nitro racing and engines pretty well. Here is my problem.....

I have a Mito7...second one I've had....this thing is impossible to get right....if I get to half way scream on top it backfires, lean bogs, just runs like crap. If I tune to not back fire and run solid it's so fat it's not even raceable. It will start and idle for a week, decent bark on bottom on the stand but it's very lazy on the ground....has great compression, seems free and smooth, fairly new also....like I said, I've done this a while.....I've played with head shims, swapped carbs, checked tank and lines, different plugs....I'm almost convinced it's just a bad mill, but I can't bring myself to give up on it.....anyone had anything similar??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.