Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling >

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Thanks guys

Originally Posted by gotspeed_2000
I've had ray do my collari a few years back. He does excellent work. To me, I'd have it repinched depending on how the motor tunes. If it's starting to show signs of losing compression, then that's when I'd send it in. While you have the motor apart, before you send it in, it might be a good time to check the crank pin and rod. As far as getting the sleeve pinched more than once, talk to ray and see what he says. I'd say you could repinch the motor more than once, but I'm no profesional.

Gotspeed2000, As for you not being the professional. I do my best find time fallow these forums / chat at the tracks (get alot of emails and text messages too) listening to you racers comments as to how your resized engines perform. The ease of rebreakin and how/when engine makes power (as compared to it new) has everything to do with the new designed fit I put into these piston + sleeve sets. Its all about the feedback I get from you guys racing. Professionally I am a Tool+Die maker better with alloy reconstruction than as I a racer now. As for the resized tightness most often requested my repeat customer base, is "light-medium". Everyones piston + sleeve set is return shipped with a great fit and improved surface finish condition.

RayAracing
Old 10-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayA
Gotspeed2000, As for you not being the professional. I do my best find time fallow these forums / chat at the tracks (get alot of emails and text messages too) listening to you racers comments as to how your resized engines perform. The ease of rebreakin and how/when engine makes power (as compared to it new) has everything to do with the new designed fit I put into these piston + sleeve sets. Its all about the feedback I get from you guys racing. Professionally I am a Tool+Die maker better with alloy reconstruction than as I a racer now. As for the resized tightness most often requested my repeat customer base, is "light-medium". Everyones piston + sleeve set is return shipped with a great fit and improved surface finish condition.

RayAracing
Old 10-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I sent my first P/S to RayARacing recently (GRP .21 Tuned). Got it back in 1 week. As soon as I looked at it, I could tell it was a great job! Broke it in, which was a breeze, and raced it this past weekend @ JBRL. It ran GREAT! It feels as though it barely has a gallon on it, new.
I have had others pinched in the past(somewhere else), and they seem to go away real quick. I can tell that this one will last a while.
Thanks RayARacing!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayA

RayAracing
Ray, your equipment says alot about how good of a tool and die maker you are. You have stepped up and invented something great that helps out many rc racers to be able to afford racing. I tip my hat to you and appreciate what you have done and are doing for the rc community. I own a rc shop in Georgia and I have brought a ton of traxxas motors back to life using your equipment. They appreciate me for the affordable repairs I do on their engines which in turn means they appreciate you for making it possible. Thanks Dion
Old 10-28-2009, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Thank you

Danny, Good to know I found that "Sweet Spot" your Piston + Sleeve set.Thanks for the heads up on the results.

Dion, Great to hear you are able to put our tooling to good use. It is nice to know my resizing tooling has helped to make rc racing more affordable for many racers of all levels throughout the world. Thank You for the kind words.Good luck + Keep up your own good resizing work.

RayAracing
Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Question for you Ray. I have an onroad Nova 21+3. It only has about 1.5 gallons on it and was running great when the tune went off and will not tune back in right. Upon inspection I noticed that the piston on the exhaust port side is black from top to bottom. Sounds like a lot of blow by to me. The piston isn't scratched, just black. Do you think a pinch might fix this? The motor is so new with a great crank that I would hate to scrap it already.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ship it

Wingracer,
Yes, should be a good candidate. Shipping details on my website.Review notes on in invoice with your return shipped package.Call text or email me with further questions. RayAracing
Old 10-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default simple note to RC tooling customers

As for you guys calling, texting, and emailing me about tooling purchases the last few months, Next week place your order. See website. RayAracing
Old 10-30-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default website temporary down today

It has just been brought to my attention RayAracing website has been down since sometime yesturday. Our website Order forms is not accessible, and emails generated at [email protected] will not be either untill things streightend out with hosting, hopefully today. Untill then I can still be reached by phone call or text (716) 783-5198

RayAracing
Old 10-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default http://www.rayaracing.com/

Website back in action guys. Now I can get back to insulating and heating project here. All week next week I will be in shop here reconditioning-resizing P+S sets,and. testing+packaging tooling orders.

http://www.rayaracing.com/
Old 10-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

i think that everytime ray pinches one of our P&S sets he should get a +1 Trader rating for his Awsome work ill be sending him a TRX 2.5 Piston and sleeve soon !
Old 10-31-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wink Trader Rating

Originally Posted by Lst2Man
i think that everytime ray pinches one of our P&S sets he should get a +1 Trader rating for his Awsome work ill be sending him a TRX 2.5 Piston and sleeve soon !
Lst2Man,

Thanks but I need to first work on getting past Tech Apprentice first. Hehee! My work is known at probobly every race track in the world, and everyone and anyone successfully resizing nitro engine piston+sleeve sets is tooled by me. Theres a few guys of course trying to copy my tooling design, BUT, only a tool+die maker (a machinist is not) can get the compound tappers right. I even toss a few of the collets and lower dies aside durring testing if the sweet spot isnt there.

For future reference, RayAracing does not pinch.....we recondition-resize piston+sleeve sets. Look forward to seeing your Traxxas 2.5 Lst2Man

RayAracing
Old 11-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Had my Speed and Toro Nero resized by Ray...beautiful work.

As a journeyman in the industry, I feel I'm qualified to say this man has taken the time to apply his skills and provide quality that is second to none.

Honestly, I've not a clue how Ray does it at this price point....

Thank you, Ray.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:13 PM
dam
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just sent in a piston and sleeve today.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default shop

[/IMG]
Originally Posted by cordarrow
Had my Speed and Toro Nero resized by Ray...beautiful work.

As a journeyman in the industry, I feel I'm qualified to say this man has taken the time to apply his skills and provide quality that is second to none.

Honestly, I've not a clue how Ray does it at this price point....

Thank you, Ray.

Thanks Cararrow,
Keeping packages organized is a large part. See Communications/Shipping + Recieving work area in my shop http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/y...Picture028.jpg Work done on other side.

Last edited by RayA; 11-15-2009 at 08:00 AM. Reason: link incorrect to pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.