Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Are there throw out points at the end of the season? Missed a race
Old 05-30-2019, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JeffofSpace
Are there throw out points at the end of the season? Missed a race
Todd will need to make that call, but generally speaking, we don't usually do throw-away races.
JeffofSpace likes this.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Apologies for not reading through this entire thread before posting but curious if there are ever organized off-road races. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

As for the off track, it's an open community track that been nurtured by attendees. The on-road officers of the club are maxed out with on road activities. There should be an open door policy to invite anyone interested in hosting organized off road racing. Just contact Todd Mason or post up here. While it is Seattle RC Racers facility, it's a community facility to use.
t0adman likes this.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1June2019 Race Report

Getting back on my game here after a grueling month of work.

We had a lovely day in the park to kick off the month of June. An influx of talent from the Great White North added luster to the day. We are past cottonwood time, so except for a very minor shower of some little petal things, which honestly affected nothing while adding a little spring ambience, we had amazing grip all day. Thanks as usual to Team Danilchik for the magic track sauce and to both Jake and Brian for thoroughly cleaning the track before the spray went down.

Young Cole Chura showed up with his dad driving with B.C. plates. He wasted no time getting down to business in USGT and slapped the old guys around in between munching cookies on the back lawn. I've been watching Cole for years, and I recognize what I'm seeing. Huge leaps in skills seem to come every time I see him. He's a skillful racer now who exercises good judgment. His dad, Kyle, is doing a great job.

Stock Touring was deep and strong. Brett continues to show the way, though I will say the rest of us, particularly Dave, Sam and Ed are taking the fight to him. While it's a privilege to have Brett in the field, I share Ed's sentiment that it's time to retire Brett's TC3. We have to start beating him and putting the doubt in his head. Otherwise, I may never be able to justify a new car again! Seriously, a TC3. It must be said, that was a good car, probably the best ever after controlling for the general advancement of the art.

Modified Touring was also a treat, as Brian, Jake, Keith and Alex were all knotted up in the 2 through 5 spots (Korey was gone-dy). Everyone is starting to amp up for CTS. We have some out of town talent due in, the type that run mod. Lex Tyler, Randy Caster, those kinds of guys. So, tensions are high. Within fair bounds, we are committed to defending the house.

In other classes: Stuart slapped around the F1 field, leaving nothing for the rest. Mini was mini, but they had fun. Mod 1/12th was depleted but will be back strong next weekend. Novice was good! Kael had a good drive with Jeff for several laps and kept it real.

We race next Saturday.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mains 1June2019.pdf (283.4 KB, 73 views)
Q1 1June2019.pdf (299.5 KB, 41 views)
Q3 1June2019.pdf (318.9 KB, 36 views)
Q2 1June2019.pdf (321.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 06-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Todd will need to make that call, but generally speaking, we don't usually do throw-away races.
No drops!
Old 06-03-2019, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know it's outdoor racing but has anyone developed a tire that doesn't drop .2-.3 per lap after the first day? Seems like the best hop-up is to buy new tires for every race rather than the newest parts or body.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

Hey Mike,

While I'm sure you've tried them, I think the Solaris 36s' are solid. I ran the second full day on my set this time out and felt like I was competitive. My third qual in particular was good.

And not just because we have them to sell, but I think the Rush 36's are also good. Similar to the Solaris, it's just that I've had a couple sets of Solaris to burn through from last season.

As for whether they fall off? I don't know, man. I won't do one of those "work on your setup" RCTech lectures. I know you know you're stuff. As well or better than I. For me, the day changes, so every run is different. Even in Stock, I never feel like I'm trying to lay down the maximum power so much as trying to get my brake points and corner exits right. As well as hitting the curbs just enough but not too much! Some runs I nail it (Q3-yay!) and others (the main-boo!) I flub it.

I'm running my TC7.1, Motiv MC2, HW Stock Spec ESC, Type S body, and the same Reedy batteries as last year. Right down the middle, gear-wise, maybe even a little past the pull date on chassis, motor, and batteries. But, when I'm getting beat by Sisley and his TC3, what excuse do I have? Normally, you have to know, that if I'm lying to you a little on my setup or tires, it's because I'm scared you'll beat me. But, just once, completely honest, I'm really not spending on tires. This was Day 2 plus two rounds on a single set of Solaris. Probably they are dropping off, but it seems I'm still capable of a competitive run, so I'll stay with them until I'm not. And if you ask me next time out, I'll totally lie to you
Old 06-03-2019, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hey Mike,

While I'm sure you've tried them, I think the Solaris 36s' are solid. I ran the second full day on my set this time out and felt like I was competitive. My third qual in particular was good.

And not just because we have them to sell, but I think the Rush 36's are also good. Similar to the Solaris, it's just that I've had a couple sets of Solaris to burn through from last season.

As for whether they fall off? I don't know, man. I won't do one of those "work on your setup" RCTech lectures. I know you know you're stuff. As well or better than I. For me, the day changes, so every run is different. Even in Stock, I never feel like I'm trying to lay down the maximum power so much as trying to get my brake points and corner exits right. As well as hitting the curbs just enough but not too much! Some runs I nail it (Q3-yay!) and others (the main-boo!) I flub it.

I'm running my TC7.1, Motiv MC2, HW Stock Spec ESC, Type S body, and the same Reedy batteries as last year. Right down the middle, gear-wise, maybe even a little past the pull date on chassis, motor, and batteries. But, when I'm getting beat by Sisley and his TC3, what excuse do I have? Normally, you have to know, that if I'm lying to you a little on my setup or tires, it's because I'm scared you'll beat me. But, just once, completely honest, I'm really not spending on tires. This was Day 2 plus two rounds on a single set of Solaris. Probably they are dropping off, but it seems I'm still capable of a competitive run, so I'll stay with them until I'm not. And if you ask me next time out, I'll totally lie to you

Thanks for the recommendation and insight.

I am running solaris but am running 32s. 32s feel like they have a narrower temp range. They may even have a bigger performance drop off. Next race I do plan to run a 36 tire.

Last edited by malkiy; 06-03-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

32's. I have never ever in my whole life gotten 32's to work. Which says nothing about 32's and everything about my limitations on setup. I long ago just went to 36's, knowing that they start pushy and then come in, both through a run and throughout the day.

If there's one thing about my setups that might be consistent, is that I like a locked in rear. Touring cars, 1/12th scales, doesn't matter. A solid rear. Which, typically for me, means a car that faults to pushy. When it doesn't, when my rear comes around, I invariably have problems (like in the main, yesterday).

The other thing I'm doing, starting from last season, is that I run with zero drag brake. It's making me re-think and re-learn my brake points and turn-ins, but I'm sure I'm faster as I get it more figured out. It's a riff on the old Ritchie line about "drive it like a real car." I'm braking earlier, coasting through a bit more, but also coming back on throttle earlier on exit, albeit more smoothly (when I get it right, that is).
Old 06-03-2019, 07:51 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Thanks for the recommendation and insight.

I am running solaris but am running 32s. 32s feel like they have a narrower temp range. They may even have a bigger performance drop off. Next race I do plan to run a 36 tire.
Hi Mike
I talked to Dave Mclean and he running the Solaris 36 as well...…...
Old 06-06-2019, 03:32 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Well Well
The Track and the Driver stand is supper clean..clean off those nasty sticking cottonwood ….track looking good and it's ready for this weekend
Oh Oh I missed my senior afternoon nap ..I gotta to go
Old 06-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Elexis 36

Heads up everyone I wont be there this weekend but Todd will have the CTS Elexis 36 tire for sale at race control. $35 a set, $5 of each set sold goes to the club. Thank you Todd for doing this.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Great day of racing today. We had a lighter but very much a stout crew on hand. The experimental right side chicane was interesting to thread. I did it right all qualies, but got in wrong in the mains: with Franco's surprise rent - a- ride and with my F1. BTW; SS is waaaayyyyy easier to drive then F1!!!! Thanks Franco for that experience. I got to mix up a few good laps with Greg and messed it up getting greedy trying to pass Clifton. I was an idiot in the first half of F1....think I ran over everyone and everything: Sorry. In the last half, I put my head down and drove smarter and only 1/4-1/2 throttle treading water till the end. That was a good race. F1 really takes finesse.....something I do not teach myself in 1/12.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:14 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Hi Brian
I was rolling around laughing seeing you missed the chicane and Greg and you were battling for position was an awesome.....
sure was fun watching ….

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.