Search
Like Tree652Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thank you

Originally Posted by todddamnit
ADAM SHELTON - If you are seeing this post, Volante HyperSoft tires are back in stock at TQ today. Order this week, and you'll have them by the 18th.
Thanks. Ordering today.

Last edited by XrayAllDay1; 05-07-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Seatac CTS signup

Hello Racers,

Here is the signup for our round of the CTS in June.

Seatac CTS signup
Old 05-16-2019, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

To all the f1 racers. Rebellion rc is releasing the wing to chassis mount for the f6. Just wonderingnif anyone is interested in one.
send me a Facebook message if interested

Thanks
Old 05-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hello Racers,

Seatac CTS signup

Signed up!

What is the control tire?
Old 05-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Signed up!

What is the control tire?
elexis 36
Old 05-17-2019, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Find it hard to believe there is 0% chance but hope it's true.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Find it hard to believe there is 0% chance but hope it's true.
I wish for it to be true for you guys.

I was scratching my head at the same thing.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What a crazy day yesterday. I was all excited to race, I was the first one there. It looked like it snowed, but it was worse then that. It was wet cottonwood seed everywhere. I fired the blower up and got to work. Jake applied his witch's brew. Moments later we were making laps. It was a special day for me. I had a F1 car on backorder and was really looking forward to the day. Most of you know my wife is going through breast cancer treatment. She is 3/4's her way through chemo. Any day I can scratch out personally where we are not running back and forth to the hospital or managing chores meant for two, is a gift to me. My car arrived Wed afternoon. I was like a kid at Christmas. I was excited to potentially race Sat. Initially the weather didn't look good, but somehow the conditions improved and it was "ON". We had to tolerate cottonwood seed flowing continuously, but the traction seemed good enough. What made the day special for me is the generosity of a few racers. Korey Harbke drove a servo from S. Everett to my house in Edmonds Fri evening to finish my build. I broke my car in practice trying to get tires to come in. Franco Roberts said; I have the part at home, would you like me to go get it for you? He drove an hour in bad traffic just to get me back on track. Even with enough cottonwood seed up my nose to knit a sweater, I thoroughly enjoyed my day. Gentlemen: thank you for making my day great!

The moral to the story is: if you see a racer struggling, reach out a hand. You may not know their back story. But you might find out it means the world to them.

Brian

Last edited by Slapmaster6000; 05-19-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 18May2019 Race Results

A slow follow-up from your derelict race director. A thousand apologies!

I think/hope that this last race took care of the annual cottonwood storm. While the racing line stayed clear (and truth be the grip for touring cars didn't actually suffer much), the cottonwood drifted up in the corners, particularly on the east end of the track. Thanks as usual must go to Jake for prepping the track, and also to Brian this time for lending a hand clearing it off in the morning.

So far this season, Super Stock and Mod touring car have been running very strong. I guess it's fair to say that Seattle likes 17.5 motors in their TCs. I made the point before, but I will reiterate, our track is really well suited to the 17.5 power package. Our layouts as a rule don't favor outright rip. A fast lap usually comes when you get on the power in the right way, and then come off and hit the brakes in the right way. The top speed part of it is not the decisive factor; the motor game is not such a big deal.

Which is maybe why we continue to have outstanding racing. All three times out, I've been in these in ridiculous close battles that go on for minutes. It's super fun, though I will say it would be nice to actually win one! Nevertheless, it was a pleasure going bumper to bumper with Brett all the way through to the end. I made a pass in the final sweeper, but I couldn't hold the line all the way around and he got me back with a late apex move to the inside as we came across the line. 3/100ths! Aaaagh!

Another class that is doing well is F1. It's attracting some talent, with George throwing a new CRC ride out and none other than the venerable Slapmaster himself fielding a Roche car. It's not an easy class, so they were not ready right away to take the fight to Korey and Alex. Alex let Stuart drive his car in the main--sort of a birthday present, I guess--and Stuart went on to win and post the fast lap of the day in the class.

Results from the day are here:

18May2019 Results

We race again on June 1. Good luck to our crew down at Reedy: Korey, Jake and Alex are representing Seattle at Steel City.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey just gonna pop the question to you guys... what time is open practice? Looking to start racing soon.

Thanks guys,
-Shnoo
Old 05-25-2019, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Welcome,

Open practice is whenever the suns up and there’s no racing. The track is operated with the park system. Depending on weather, grip from our race day traction spray should be good for 3-5 days after a race if you’re looking to get a car ready for racing conditions.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by purplerain
Welcome,

Open practice is whenever the suns up and there’s no racing. The track is operated with the park system. Depending on weather, grip from our race day traction spray should be good for 3-5 days after a race if you’re looking to get a car ready for racing conditions.
Sweet! Getting my rigs ready and buying what I need, probably be joining you guys on the 3rd for the first time. Is there access to power or tables?

Last edited by Shnoo; 05-25-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Hi, we race next this coming Saturday, the 1st.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hello Racers,

Seatac CTS signup

Guys, we really need to support this race as its bringing in some talent and exposure that will enable us to host the Roar Nats. Many people wish they could travel to big races ( for example the Reedy race ) but the reality is, its expensive to travel. So the next best thing is to have a big race COME TO YOU ! Well, this is our first chance to show that we have the local support to host a larger event. You can't have a good race without entries. Please, get the word out about this race. Promote it to people around the area... Oregon, Idaho, Montana,Canada. And if anyone is willing to share a pit spot / pop up / tables / or power for those that are coming from out of town, please go over to the CTS Seattle June 21-23 thread I'm starting and show your support by saying you are signed up

June 21 - 23 1/10 - Big CTS touring series race coming to Seatac - Support SRCR

. ( by the way, the signup procedure is not all that quick but should only take 5 minutes after you jump through and click all the dumb boxes they require. Don't let 5 minutes of hassle deter you from getting signed up ! Its worth it. )

CTS - California Touring Series
JeffofSpace likes this.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 05-29-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Default POINTS!

Ok Fellas, here's the updated points as of 5/18. Same structure as before, 5 points for 1st, 4 points for 2nd, etc., and 1 point for TQ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.