Like Tree797Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 04-20-2019, 10:05 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeffofSpace
One week, boys.
I blew the track off this morning and I've never seem so many worms ..may because of more green grass area growing ..oh well
Old 04-25-2019, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Bump to Sunday

OK racers. Perhaps like you, I've been checking forecasts with increasing frequency as our first race draws near. And like you, I can see that Saturday is turning blah. Rain and wind. We're close enough to see, one way or another, it will be a frustrating day. And the thing is, Sunday is fine. Clear and warm. So. We're bumping it one day. This is the right thing. Apologies to those who are left scrambling or can't make it, but you can see for yourselves, it's a long shot to think we'll get in even a half day.

We're bumping to Sunday!
Old 04-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Todd, thanks for the heads up! Been almost 5 months since I last raced on-road. Really looking forward to this Sunday.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Mike! Iíll be there too. Itís 17.5 TC for me this season. Ready to go!
Old 04-27-2019, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

The grass is tall at the track so if you plan on pitting in the grass you might consider rubber boots to keep your feet dry.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

So, I ended up getting one of those Euro trucks - built TCS compliant (STOCK as a dollar). If anybody else wants to bring them tomorrow, perhaps we can muster up enough for a class? In any case, I am just psyched to race in the great outdoors again!!
Old 04-29-2019, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default Seatac Season Opened!

A really fantastic start to the season yesterday. It was totally the right call to bump to Sunday, as we enjoyed sunny skies and a very slight breeze.

A couple of notable things.

1. We'll be racing the same layout through the month of May. It's the "Beast Mode" layout that has front and back straights. We're running the back straight left to right--clockwise.
2. In addition to the regularly scheduled classes, a crew of Mini drivers is forming up. They seem to be following general Tamiya rules, which works out to a FWD or RWD M-chassis and either a 21.5 brushless or a silver can motor. Tires seem to be open, which points to most running the Sweeps, I believe?

The conditions were great, and we witnessed some superb racing. Not just because I have a stake in it, but the Shook vs. Stuart battle in the Mod TC main was topnotch stuff. Seriously good.

We'll be back on Saturday. All of the results are here:

https://rcscoringpro.com/events/9153/
Old 04-30-2019, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Looking forward to making it out this Saturday. If anyone has any special parts requests please let me know. Also for 1 12 drivers I dont plan to bring much so if you need something let me know ahead d of time
bshookup and todddamnit like this.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am trying to make it this week. If I do, I know I need some supplies...
USGT Tires please! I like the black rims.
F1 Ride or HUDY Tires would be good. Are there new wheels/tires coming out from yokomo?
Old 05-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miskhomatic
I am trying to make it this week. If I do, I know I need some supplies...
USGT Tires please! I like the black rims.
F1 Ride or HUDY Tires would be good. Are there new wheels/tires coming out from yokomo?
I have one set of usgt tires left in white. I tried to get them in in time but Paul was put of stock. I have gravity rc ride tires coming in as well but wont be until next week
Old 05-03-2019, 06:15 AM
Tech Rookie

I have RIDE HG preglued tires I could part with. Fronts are new, rears have been run on NORA's new carpet for a few heats. I'll have them with me.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Todd and Alex,
Thanks! We can connect tomorrow on those.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by AlexPate
I have one set of usgt tires left in white. I tried to get them in in time but Paul was put of stock. I have gravity rc ride tires coming in as well but wont be until next week
Alex, do have any smj progressive spring sets you could bring Jeff
Old 05-06-2019, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default 4May2019 Club Race

Another stellar outing with beautiful conditions and clean, close racing.

A brief note that Super Stock Touring is running strong. The winter lull for the middle touring class seems to have given way to enthusiastic participation. My feeling for the class is that it's in a sweet spot on our track. While you'll need good, current motors and batteries to be competitive, the track itself tends to negate the all-out motor war we sometimes see. I will say my best laps came when I was hitting my brake points just right and rolling on the power smoothly, rather than stabbing. The 17.5 power is enough to shift the net fast lap dynamic toward finesse, rather than brute force. And in the main, we had nose to tail action from end to end. It was superb.

Which is not to say the other classes were lacking. Far from it! Mod TC is awesome. Alex Pate delivered a robust challenge to Korey in the F1 main, which is something we've been waiting to see.

All in all, a very satisfying, lovely day in the park. We're taking next weekend off: Mother's Day. Then we're back.

Results on RCScoringPro: May 4 Seatac Race Results
JeffofSpace likes this.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:53 PM
Tech Rookie

ADAM SHELTON - If you are seeing this post, Volante HyperSoft tires are back in stock at TQ today. Order this week, and you'll have them by the 18th.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.