Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree591Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 04-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
I meant to ask this at the meeting, but... is this track (and the other ones being planned) going to be onroad or offroad? If offroad, what classes does this club race?

I believe the answer is "both", but what's being built first?
Seatac will have both on and off road.

We're building the off road first.

Class wise, we don't have anything set...but it's pretty common sense stuff. We're building around 1/10 scale, so your typical 2WD Buggy, 2WD SCT, and 4WD SCT classes are a safe bet.

If it were my choice we would build a fast flowing track that is similar to what real short course trucks run on, and similar to what we ran in off road back in the late 90's. Not a mini-moto track that most 1/8 tracks are now days.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sure wish the on-road was going down first.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe

Class wise, we don't have anything set...but it's pretty common sense stuff. We're building around 1/10 scale, so your typical 2WD Buggy, 2WD SCT, and 4WD SCT classes are a safe bet.

If it were my choice we would build a fast flowing track that is similar to what real short course trucks run on, and similar to what we ran in off road back in the late 90's. Not a mini-moto track that most 1/8 tracks are now days.
Sweet, thank you for the info! I'm pretty excited about this, as I just picked up a 2WD SCT roller to run down in Tacoma. Definitely put me down for all building help, I can even bring my own shovel
Old 04-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Actually Wes, do some of the other members know this? Kody was seemingly building under the impression for 1/8th scale as well at least last summer. In fact, it was one of the reasons given for expanding the dimensions over the original idea.

Either case, you leave a spot in racing for 1/16th and I love you longtime!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Pretty sure it's going to be 1/10 based... 1/8 tears stuff up and being a public track with no on site staff no one will be there to regulate...

Still hung up on "racing" that mini stuff I see....
Old 04-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Pretty sure it's going to be 1/10 based... 1/8 tears stuff up and being a public track with no on site staff no one will be there to regulate...

I have a 1/18th Duratrax MiniQuake I could dust off... though it'd be powered by two decrepit hamsters fighting over a marshmallow. It may clear a jump if I pull their tails.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

As much as you like "racing" AE 1/10th sedans. :b
Old 04-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by oXYnary
As much as you like "racing" AE 1/10th sedans. :b

I only raced it twice last Summer...
Old 04-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

i haven't been able to touch a rc in forever really mad I missed ecc but pumped that this could be happening soon and my time is freeing up allot more!!! cant wait to rip some 2wd buggy around a track or maybe a sct hmm decisions
Old 04-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Dare I bring out my aluminum chassis Kyosho Ultima....

I suppose if the track goes down soon enough, I may need to pick up something newer. It may date me, but that was the last time I ran offroad.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

I now have a working (and competitive, apparently) Losi 22SCT, so I'm really looking forward to a much shorter drive down to a nice track. Let's make this happen!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation

We're working on a schedule for getting dates for work parties in the next few weeks. According to Todd the area looks very good in terms of getting some track building done, the ground is firmed up enough.

We need to finish a few things with the driver's stand. Painting of the interior of the roof needs to be done, and staining of the railing. The club will buy materials for this and a few lucky volunteers can do the work. This might be something a couple guys could tackle in their own time, or might get worked into part of the work party. We'll see..

We will post here, email, and facebook when the date for a work party are set and the equipment is rented.

If you'd like to add the club on Facebook look up Seattle RC Racers. If you're not sure if you're on the email list, email Todd - [email protected]

-Wes
Old 04-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Champion

The club will buy materials for this and a few lucky volunteers can do the work. This might be something a couple guys could tackle in their own time,
Careful, or you might come to see it painted bright florescent Pink.... With flowers..
Old 05-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Careful, or you might come to see it painted bright florescent Pink.... With flowers..
Damn it Drew... it's not a mini track!!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Damn it Drew... it's not a mini track!!!!
I think your confusing such paint jobs. Mini tracks get the fluorescent colors, yes. But we have speed stripes cause it makes you faster. 1/8th have the flowers cause they invariably prepare the dirt for planting with tearing it up. Especially after the SO realizes what was spent. So the 1/8ther ends up literally pushing up daisies under the new flower bed.

If it was 1/10th, it would have simply been painted with doghouses.

Last edited by oXYnary; 05-04-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.