Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Definitely weird watching the Scale Spec main from the pits for once, it was a good one!

It was fun running Stock TC again though. Took some getting used to, but I'm digging this class all over again...
Old 10-21-2013, 04:55 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
If John wasn't stuck behind me for the fastest part of the race, he probably would have had a faster fast lap.

-Mike
yes John is fast..But a true gentleman will him go...
Old 10-21-2013, 05:09 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Yeah Mike I'm enjoying myself in this class. Comp is strong and it was nice to see so many people running.
Definitely takes a skillful line to stay in front or to contend for it. Tsang was definitely fast! So was Wes and Phil. But speed can be deceptive. For giggles, I wanted to see the lap times and consistency of my 10 fastest laps. Hell while I was at it, I looked at the top 5 finishers fastest 10. And I wasn't surprised to see that you were the fastest and the most consistent. Wes was 2nd, then I...Tsang and Phil. That surprised me that Johns car was 4th fastest laptime-wise. Looking at the video, his car looks aggressive. Is that perceived as speed to onlookers...I don't know. I just found it interesting. But what I do know is that I need to clean up my lines. I hit a few corners-miss a few corners...
My change in setup before the Main took too much roll out of the frontend. I wasn't real comfortable with that. Along with going back towards my last damper setup, I'll be trying a different body next time. Just for giggles...

yes JB I saw the Video..you drove better in the second half of the races....some how you can push hard and hold tight lines around the track
just being behind Mike ..JB you study your driving lines alittle more ..instead of the speed . I think you are good to go..
Old 10-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I was pretty impressed with how clean Scale Spec, as a class, was on Saturday. I think we really showed stock 1/12 how it's done.

-Mike
Yahh!!!!!!! It's getting pretty rough out there in 1/12 and F1, May limit My participation if it doesn't get under control, waiting 2 weeks to run, then getting beat up from lack of paitence

I know I shouldn't whine,course if I smoke out and hit the flask it might not bother Me so much, and I could then drive that way too.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

F1 was a bit rough last time out but considering the 1st 2 races of the season were much better I'm thinking it will clean up quick.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
F1 was a bit rough last time out but considering the 1st 2 races of the season were much better I'm thinking it will clean up quick.
Definitely rough I got taken out in the first lap and must have cracked a side link. Not wanting to give up, though, I pushed on when I shouldn't have, my mistake. That resulted in the full-speed t-bone on the straight that cracked me in two. Lesson learned. If it's not running perfectly, I'm taking it off the track. It's just a bummer to wait all night for a result like that.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busman
Yahh!!!!!!! It's getting pretty rough out there in 1/12 and F1, May limit My participation if it doesn't get under control, waiting 2 weeks to run, then getting beat up from lack of paitence

I know I shouldn't whine,course if I smoke out and hit the flask it might not bother Me so much, and I could then drive that way too.
I don't think anyone in 1/12 stock is drunk or high on the stand.. Everyone has something to prove out there so everyone is a little to eager to pass, I'm guilty of it and so are a lot of others
Old 10-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Couldn't get my head in the game after 9pm. Not enough sugar, or too much I don't know how it works lol

But I'm gonna make a debut on Wednesday! I can't wait
Old 10-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Every class has their off night. Grouping everyone in a stereotype because of some bad luck definitely isn't how I would go about it though, it's not fair to those that race hard and clean. I've been hacked before, and I'm pretty sure I've hacked people too. It happens. It's racing. save for a few rare instances over the years, all of my run-in's have been purely incidental. It's just the nature of good hard competition.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
I don't think anyon
e in 1/12 stock is drunk or high on the stand.. Everyone has something to prove out there so everyone is a little to eager to pass, I'm guilty of it and so are a lot of others
Wasn't saying that...

Just maybe I should and it would mellow. Me out..
Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I don't think he's pointing fingers. I think he means that if he did those things (smoke out or drink) he prolly wouldn't CARE as much. Right buddy?

See...told ya

Btw Kody, YGPM
Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
But I'm gonna make a debut on Wednesday! I can't wait
Dude, sweet! I'm glad you got the logistics worked out
Old 10-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I don't care what anyone says, part of the problem is the ifmar style qualifying. if you ran heads up quals come time for the main, people would know how to do it. for me, and I'm speaking for just me, running around by myself is boring. I would rather qualify 7th in a heads up battle then 1st running by myself.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Gotcha, I've tried it years ago and I end up turning late usually resulting in grenading my car at the end of the straight..

Drunk I didn't even make it to the race was bs'ng around the pits all night haha
Old 10-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
I don't care what anyone says, part of the problem is the ifmar style qualifying. if you ran heads up quals come time for the main, people would know how to do it. for me, and I'm speaking for just me, running around by myself is boring. I would rather qualify 7th in a heads up battle then 1st running by myself.
Been in enough heads up qualifiers to know that its just a gong show first corner IMO.

Its fun for mini or basher classes though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.