Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A_Cartwright
No results attached Todd
Another good race guys!
Thanks to my mechanic....almost got the setup dialed in
You're right! Too much on my mind, I guess.

Here they are.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (69.0 KB, 58 views)
Round2.txt (70.9 KB, 67 views)
Round3.txt (62.6 KB, 105 views)
Old 12-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Track Build Dec 19 1-4pm

We're building the 2016 layout on December 19 from 1pm to 4pm.

A standard club race will follow from 4pm to midnight.

Attached is the work plan for the track build. Eight is pretty much the minimum number required to knock it out in three hours. All extra hands will have plenty to do.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
19Dec Track Build Schedule.pdf (62.2 KB, 110 views)
Old 12-09-2015, 12:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default wow

I went to the first post on our forum, to a time that seemed like was happening just yesterday, and not the close to seven years that have now passed. Wow. I started reading posts from the beginning days. A bunch of us putting together the first track with scraps of carpet from SIR, the cold races at the hanger, amazed at turnouts of 20+ or so freezing our buts off in the middle of winter, racing, and how incredible that was. It brought back wonderful memories and made me realize how lucky we are where we are today. Look at what we have going at both the Gym and the Hanger, and now we have a chunk of asphalt to play on in the summers as well. We are fortunate to have the great program we do. Thanks to all for continuing to make it happen. Its great to have all of you as friends. :-)

-a
Old 12-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oldrcr
I went to the first post on our forum, to a time that seemed like was happening just yesterday, and not the close to seven years that have now passed. Wow. I started reading posts from the beginning days. A bunch of us putting together the first track with scraps of carpet from SIR, the cold races at the hanger, amazed at turnouts of 20+ or so freezing our buts off in the middle of winter, racing, and how incredible that was. It brought back wonderful memories and made me realize how lucky we are where we are today. Look at what we have going at both the Gym and the Hanger, and now we have a chunk of asphalt to play on in the summers as well. We are fortunate to have the great program we do. Thanks to all for continuing to make it happen. Its great to have all of you as friends. :-)

-a
Cheers to all of the above! I'm so glad to have a local onroad program after an 11 year hiatus.

Who's throwing down for TC tonight @ H30?
Old 12-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldrcr

-a
+1 on that., Alex.

I'd also like to add that none of this would have happened if it weren't for people like you, Brian, Todd, Kody, Jake, Bill, Korey, Rob, etc. etc. etc. This club has a deep base of racers because it has dedicated people at the top who make it all happen. You guys deserve a big pat on the back.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

RACE NIGHT!
5:00pm Set-up
6:00pm Practice
7:00pm Qualifying
10:00pm Mains
11:00pm Make fun of Todd for ordering a foo-foo drink.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Real men drink pink!
Old 12-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Am I going to be allowed inside this time? I'm still protesting our last race, I'm almost positive I won from parking stall #16.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Am I going to be allowed inside this time? I'm still protesting our last race, I'm almost positive I won from parking stall #16.
Mike, I'm pretty sure keeping you in stall #16 was to remain in compliance with that court order. Make yourself comfortable, I think the judge said you had to stay there through the end of the year.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Initiate

This may sound like a silly question, but how cold does it get in Hanger 30 on these nights? I ask because it was brought up in the reminiscing post and due to my medical condition at the moment I am REALLY sensitive to the cold.

Thanks,
Marc
Old 12-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

As much as they make for a good story, the cold days in the hangar are but a memory. No more huddling over the kerosene heater beneath a pop-up and warming up the computer hard drive with a blow dryer

Hangar 30 is cush, now. It's well-heated and brightly lit and everything one associates with modern life.

It's short sleeves and cool drinks all winter long. I was even thinking of breaking out the ukelele and reprising some Don Ho island hits.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hangar 30 is cush, now. It's well-heated and brightly lit and everything one associates with modern life.
Except for that one time some jerk bumped the thermostat down to like 64.....I was freezing! #FirstWorldProblems
Old 12-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Only if you apologize for what you did to the bathroom...you know.......
Old 12-10-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
We're building the 2016 layout on December 19 from 1pm to 4pm.

A standard club race will follow from 4pm to midnight.

Attached is the work plan for the track build. Eight is pretty much the minimum number required to knock it out in three hours. All extra hands will have plenty to do.
Due t medical issues, I have probably 10-20% of my original strength, and I need to take frequent rests after strenuous effort.

I would like to help with the track build, but I also do not want t be a hinderance. Will there be things I can contribute to? Or should I just stay away to not slow folks down?

Marc
Old 12-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Marc,

There is definitely some essential light duty work to do. We'll take all the help we can get

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.