Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-14-2015, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldrcr

Classes - Please keep the ideas coming to the comp committee of what you'd like to see us race in any class. We do listen. Its actually amazing how many hours we spend talking about all the options and pros and cons of all the ideas every season. Hearing what people want is very much part of that. There is a layer of what is happening around in racing that is part of our decisions as well, so that availability of popular parts for available classes is also there to help make it less expensive for all. "It is racing, so budgets go out the window", or something to that effect was something I heard quoted once..., and don't recall the fool that would have said that, bah humbug anyway. Racing together with our friends is something we all enjoy, and part of that is being able to afford it too and is considered as much as possible. It may make sense to combine stock 1/12 with mod 1/12 by running 13.5, worth considering.

Kody will have to answer the parts questions.

-a
I'd like to see stock sedan run 21.5, spec tires, and the hobbyking 6500 as a spec battery. the stock speeds now are more like 19t of yesteryear. and as a added bonus, right now, just by reading that, Jake is slamming his head into a wall... screaming nnnnnoooooooo. lol

(I know its not gonna happen, just wanted to get jake excited)
Old 12-14-2015, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
I'd like to see stock sedan run 21.5, spec tires, and the hobbyking 6500 as a spec battery. the stock speeds now are more like 19t of yesteryear. and as a added bonus, right now, just by reading that, Jake is slamming his head into a wall... screaming nnnnnoooooooo. lol

(I know its not gonna happen, just wanted to get jake excited)
haha !

Ritchie, well, you'll be surprised then. I think "STOCK" should be exactly our scale spec class as it is. EVEN SLOWER, as it uses 25.5 motors ! Super Stock should be 17.5 TC, the way it is. And then Mod, just the way it is. Our turnouts have been about even in each class ... and people love the long lasting tires, the look of the rims and tires, and the bodies in our "scale spec class". The speed is just right for "STOCK" class.

ROAR should just use our Scale Spec class as STOCK, thats it... period.

Thats the way I see it :-)

Jake
Old 12-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
haha !

Ritchie, well, you'll be surprised then. I think "STOCK" should be exactly our scale spec class as it is. EVEN SLOWER, as it uses 25.5 motors ! Super Stock should be 17.5 TC, the way it is. And then Mod, just the way it is. Our turnouts have been about even in each class ... and people love the long lasting tires, the look of the rims and tires, and the bodies in our "scale spec class". The speed is just right for "STOCK" class.

ROAR should just use our Scale Spec class as STOCK, thats it... period.

Thats the way I see it :-)

Jake
thanks for ruining my evening....jerk.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes our program is on point for Touring Car! Most envy what we have!

The only thing I can see is going o ROAR approved 25.5 next year. With the new rules there not going to be much if at all faster then current spec 25.5!
Old 12-14-2015, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lence
I'd be for 13.5 1cell. I do not see any other programs or races running 2cell in 1/12th scale.

What about the option of 17.5 boost vs 13.5 blinky, that way we can deal with more speed without needing to get new motors.

I have seen an off-road class allow 17.5 with boost or 10.5 with blinky, i am not sure at what point they feel close.

Really i am for any options that will make 1/12th SPEC the best and biggest class. 1cell 17.5 is a lot of fun, 1cell 13.5 should be a blast. I could even see myself trying mod at some point, however I am not sure that I like the idea of killing tires each night, but then I have a whole team to support.

We should also keep the spec tires. I love them.

I was very happy to see that I was able to get a 10.68 at H30. My personal best. Next goal is to get a 10.5. At this rate by 2018 I might just get on the lead lap. lol
The 2s-21.5 class is something they are doing in Japan. Just slightly faster than 1s-10.5 blinky. I like the idea of not needing voltage boosters or 1s speedo or a receiver pack. lower mah batteries. (bring back the possibility of dumping?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ0uWybYH1Q
downside is it might be a bit fast to entice new racers into the class...

Boost is a evil thing for stock/spec classes. We used to run 13.5 boosted the first couple seasons.

more than anything else for the 12th class would be a spec motor or rev limiter. eliminate the motor of the month.. Just this season I've been tempted to purchase a couple different 17.5 motors. and I'm not even running the stock class yet.

Mod 12th is a blast! 1.5 sets of tires a night is a bit spendy tho...
Old 12-14-2015, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

I'd like to see foam tires make a comeback in touring car, rubber tires suck!! On carpet.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins sr
I'd like to see foam tires make a comeback in touring car, rubber tires suck!! On carpet.
is april first here already?
Old 12-14-2015, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins sr
I think it would be fun, but I already brought it up and the guys I thought would go for it all said "oh hell no"
Old 12-14-2015, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I just want to come back
Old 12-14-2015, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

if you want to run foam, there's mod12.

faster than modtc rubber, and comes with the same amount of work and expense as modtc foam.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Yes our program is on point for Touring Car! Most envy what we have!

The only thing I can see is going o ROAR approved 25.5 next year. With the new rules there not going to be much if at all faster then current spec 25.5!
So they are so envious they are very possibly going to ruin our scale spec class by making a slight variant. But seriously , do they realize that diluting VTA, USGT ,and our scale spec class ( all very popular classes currently ) they may hurt them all, even their own new "stock" class?
Old 12-15-2015, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
if you want to run foam, there's mod12.

faster than modtc rubber, and comes with the same amount of work and expense as modtc foam.
Not sure why people hate the idea of foam tc?? Back when it was mainly foam tc i never heard people say "i wish it was rubber and not foam." Foam tc was great. The only way it could really work right now tho is to spec it out maybe start a 13.5 foam or even just a 17.5 foam class. All blinky
Old 12-15-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know a lot of people who stopped racing because of foam. They didn't complain they just stopped racing. Maybe that's why you never heard negatives?

Foam just adds a lot of added work in my opinion. Changing ride height, variable gearing, can't run the tires right out of the package and you have to worry about chunking (body tuck? Chunk. Rear ended? Chunk. Hit a pipe? Chunk).

I guess foam was ok back in the days of double purple / purple but there was a mass exodus when the pink compounds were introduced. Those were the days when people cut their tires down to 55mm run them 1-2 times then toss them. In my opinion that killed it for a lot of people.

Our program is running just fine with the classes we have. Most of the world runs TC on rubber tire.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Please don't use the 'F' word.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would like to see a open 25.5 motor rules in scale spec. Novak motors suck. For the price of a Novak 25.5 you can get a different and better motor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.