Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
I appreciate the complement, but it's not for me. I'm not giving up RC, I just don't want to compete.

EVO.6 and RC12R5.2 for sale.
Dude, don't quit. Just take a break. With that said... I would like to offer up a series of back and foot massages in trade for your evo 6.

Last edited by big al; 10-15-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Put your stuff in a closet, if you can go without being on rctech.net for 2 weeks pull it out and seplay it all, if you find yourself trolling the threads then make a schedual of 1 race a month, you will get stoked to run, rc sucks likenthat, sometimes it's frustrating, I quit for 5 years, didn't touch a remote. Had fun but I'm back again.

But if you can't have fun then you should find something that is
Old 10-15-2014, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by BigSexy; 10-15-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Why did I check back on this thread? *sigh* You guys... you guys are making me a little weepy over here... 220lbs of man sniffling? WTF...

... but seriously... maybe I did burn out. Long story short, with the new (and appropriate) code of conduct rules, I've been monitoring myself to make sure I'm not "that guy" again this year. Yeah, I have spirit, motivation, etc., but I'm also a nervous wreck as soon as qualifiers start (see my signature?). That translates to stress... that translates to crappy driving... that translates to qualified poorly and leaving before the main feeling like a huge disappointment to myself.

I know, I know, I'm doing well for the time I've spent doing this... but I set my bar high. Really high. And falling short is always a very painful experience for me. After a mediocre race night I come home and feel like I've failed, and I beat myself up for a week after. Does that sound normal to you guys?

I love you all and love this club (even you, Big Sexy ), but I don't want to be a cloud of negativity. Furthermore, work is stress enough, and I can't seem to find the "fun" in racing. It happens once in a while, but most nights I'm just frustrated.

Maybe I'll sleep on it. I don't know. Nothing is sold yet, but I'm pricing out my stuff (though, unlike Jacob, I'm not selling it so it doesn't get dusty ).

I do have to say that spending a race night on the couch at home has been depressing. I sauced my tires anyway.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sauced tires....i can see adam bringing in the garden hose and turning laps in the living room....
Old 10-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I got pretty burnt out from running the races and racing last year. Took all summer off and I am definitely ready to go racing again.

When I first started racing I was running 3 classes in off-road and 3 during on-road. Talk about stressful! I went to a club race in Spokane and all they had for me to run was touring car. So I only raced one class. Man what a good time! I had plenty of time to work on my stuff and then sit back and BS with friends. It was way les stressful. I did one more club race at home with all 3 classes then ditched 2 of them. It has been way more fun and I have gotten a lot better since I have the time to concentrate on one class. If you have a class you do decent at and you enjoy it I say drop the ones you are struggling with. Wait until you have mastered (we don't ever really master them, but you know what I mean) the one class before you pick up another.

I race to have fun with friends. Not to win anything.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

It is totally ok to quit. Why would you want to enjoy something that stresses you out? I would yank the gear out of the 1/12 and sell it now. Keep the chassis... the way AE is it will be the most current car for a few more YEARS. Just in case...
Old 10-16-2014, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Adam, how about you do the wrenching and I'll just show up and drive?

You could also consider learning the race director ropes. I'm sure Todd would be happy to pass that mantle, and then you can be the one saying stuff to make the guys on the stand nervous. If you don't feel like racing, you can just throw a car down during practice.

-Mike
Old 10-16-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Adam, how about you do the wrenching and I'll just show up and drive?

You could also consider learning the race director ropes. I'm sure Todd would be happy to pass that mantle, and then you can be the one saying stuff to make the guys on the stand nervous. If you don't feel like racing, you can just throw a car down during practice.

-Mike
nice idea mike! I did this at our track back in the 90's. took a whole summer season off. felt great. enjoyed the hell out of race directing. had a blast doing it. try it out adam. you might like it.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
nice idea mike! I did this at our track back in the 90's. took a whole summer season off. felt great. enjoyed the hell out of race directing. had a blast doing it. try it out adam. you might like it.
Where were you guys with all these confidence boosters when I was growing up, huh?

As much as I appreciate the vote of confidence, I don't think my nervous scatter-brain could do a good job RD'ing. I've watched Todd (and others) perform the duties and it takes a special kind of zen. I'm not sure I have that.

I think the biggest hurdle I need to tackle is to accept that I'm "average" and have fun at that level. Maybe "above average" will come with time.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Hell I sould have quit a long time ago then....
Old 10-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just wondering if anyone can reccomend a roll out for 17.5 1/12 scale. Since you guys axed f1 and wgt I'm borrowing a 1/12 scale just to get some pan car action.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default 17.5 Motor

Apparently chewing up a spur gear and finishing a qual equates to 245+ deg on a D4 melting the stator
Anyone have a 17.5 motor they want to sell (sonic 2, Schurrspeed, another D4 or better yet a D4 stator..) or I can borrow/rent until I can get the D4 sorted out. Thanks in advance fellas!
Old 10-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have an orca tx 17.5
Old 10-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by metalnut
Where were you guys with all these confidence boosters when I was growing up, huh?

As much as I appreciate the vote of confidence, I don't think my nervous scatter-brain could do a good job RD'ing. I've watched Todd (and others) perform the duties and it takes a special kind of zen. I'm not sure I have that.

I think the biggest hurdle I need to tackle is to accept that I'm "average" and have fun at that level. Maybe "above average" will come with time.

One thing you cannot forget is that almost 95% or maybe even more in our club are "average"... started this last year and I have been to 2 big races where Both of them Keven Hebert was the fastest, and there is only one person that races in our club consistently that ran same lap times or even beat a person in that caliber... that is what i consider "FAST"... which makes everyone else average or above average.... still.... its avarage.

After going to big races, or paying attention to top national lever drivers, it truly opens your mind on who is "FAST" or has a true talent in that direction... It is defenitely 1 out of how many??? and it surely will never be me...LMAO. Remember there are even some people that have been doing this their entire life.... and is no TOP guy..

This is why i view rc racing as a fun hobby where you get to physically build a race car and watch it perform and get better in driving it along the way.
Also you get to dress up your little pit area like a mini "garage" with cool stuff. build and paint cool bodies, etc etc.... that how i was reeled in to this hobby. ...

It is cool to podium, or even win some of these races.. or TQ.... It is a sense of some sort of small accomplishment... However, at the end of the day, do i throw a party coz i podium Scale Spec or a Tamiya GT3 regionals... Like i said... its cool... but i never forget that at the end of the day... i am nothing...

Last edited by -jacob-; 11-17-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.