Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Sorry to hear that R-dizzle. Hope to see you on the stand soon.
--Bill
Old 10-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beez
As per usual, I'm scrambling to get ready the day before the race, so I have a question regarding 1/12 tires.

I have CRC pro-cuts - Magenta in the front (I've read that these are equal to jaco double pinks), and what I believe to be yellows (has a little yellow sticker that doesn't say anything on it) in the rear. Is this way off, or should it be a decent starting point for my first 1/12 race?

The car is a GenX
You are correct. CRC magenta = Jaco 2xpink. The yellow rears will be fine, but will wear quickly. Plus they will chunk easy. As for handling, they should be fine. In the future, you may consider pink rears as they will wear about 80% slower and have the same grip.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Compliments of one of our members who has floated the club the inventory, we have Jaco Blues for sale at the track. $30 a set, same as the shops. If you can't make it to one of them ahead of time, the tires will be available on Wednesday at the hangar.

See you there, Zach.

Todd M.
Thanks Todd. That will be very convenient.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

As per usual, I'm scrambling to get ready the day before the race, so I have a question regarding 1/12 tires.

I have CRC pro-cuts - Magenta in the front (I've read that these are equal to jaco double pinks), and what I believe to be yellows (has a little yellow sticker that doesn't say anything on it) in the rear. Is this way off, or should it be a decent starting point for my first 1/12 race?

The car is a GenX
I think you should be fine with the 2xPink/yellow. I seem to recall Bodine running this combo maybe he can chime in on that. I will be starting with 2xPink/Pink and may test out Lilac front and/or Magenta rear. Running a Gen X as well.

Edit: I type too slow.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

I'm really looking forward to racing tomorrow night. Set up starts at 3:30, and I can always use the help. The track has been up by 5:00 the last few nights, so expect a 7:00 sharp start.

It's $10 per class, ROAR membership required, and black can Paragon--heavenly smell of wintergreen--is the sauce. Bring your Super Stock 1:12 missile, your Stock TC whip, your Scale Spec model motorcar, your Novice jalopy, or your 1:18 micro no-see-um. It's all good. It's carpet season. Race On
Old 10-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
You are correct. CRC magenta = Jaco 2xpink. The yellow rears will be fine, but will wear quickly. Plus they will chunk easy. As for handling, they should be fine. In the future, you may consider pink rears as they will wear about 80% slower and have the same grip.
Sounds good. They came with the car so I'm glad to hear that they'll work until I start ordering whatever everyone else is using.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Another question...

I have a little 5 cell 6v battery that I guess powers the servo... it has a plug that goes into a receiver. I don't have any way of charging it. Does anyone have something I can use for that?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Another question...

I have a little 5 cell 6v battery that I guess powers the servo... it has a plug that goes into a receiver. I don't have any way of charging it. Does anyone have something I can use for that?
You need a 6v trickle charger like you might use for a monster truck rx pack.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=OFN10214

It's a perfect 1c charger for the 1:12 rx packs (150-200 mah output.) Ask Bill if he still has his. I think he's using a SmartBoost so he shouldn't need it.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am looking forward to getting on the track too. As always, I have a list of items to test. Tomorrow night should be nearly the final session to see if the MS3L is going into production. I am just wrapping up some more parts revisions and they do look promising. Anyone short on thrusts or bumpers, swing by the Hanger tomorrow and see us!
Brian
Old 10-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Another question...

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
You need a 6v trickle charger like you might use for a monster truck rx pack.

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=OFN10214

It's a perfect 1c charger for the 1:12 rx packs (150-200 mah output.) Ask Bill if he still has his. I think he's using a SmartBoost so he shouldn't need it.
you don't need that charger, get a servo extention, cut off the male end, and just use your regular ole nimh charger to charge it at .5 or 1 amp.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Nervous and excited to run a new setup tomorrow!

Is an experienced hand willing to cut my foams? I've never done it.

Sorry I didn't install the booster Dave.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Why are you always so unprepared, bill? Here I am using all your stuff to throw my car together at the last minute and you don't even have the decency to have the booster installed so that I can use your battery charger too?

Ritchie, that sounds like a good fix but I don't have any servo extensions, maybe I can find something though.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Another question...

I should have something for you. I have a lead like what Skypilot suggested. I will not be racing but I will be stopping by the Hangar again. I do not know you by sight yet, I'm still learning who everyone is (sorry about that) but go see Bodine or Todd and they willl point me out for you. I should be there by 5:30 or so, maybe sooner.

Steve
Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
Nervous and excited to run a new setup tomorrow!

Is an experienced hand willing to cut my foams? I've never done it.

Sorry I didn't install the booster Dave.
I have a Hudy Auto Truer, and I can do it for you and show you how to do it, very easy. Do you have access to a truer or should I bring mine?

Steve
Old 10-14-2009, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Why are you always so unprepared, bill? Here I am using all your stuff to throw my car together at the last minute and you don't even have the decency to have the booster installed so that I can use your battery charger too?

Ritchie, that sounds like a good fix but I don't have any servo extensions, maybe I can find something though.
I have said extension that I use to charge the lipo in my radio. Deans on one end and male receiver plug on the other.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.