Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-28-2016, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by boylrmakr
Fun racing last night Had such a good time I forgot my chair.

Did anybody see a lonely wooden folding director's chair that some dumb ass left behind?
Ha! I haven't yet, but every week I nearly do the same... I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Old 01-29-2016, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SteveMcQueen
Ha! I haven't yet, but every week I nearly do the same... I'm glad I'm not the only one...

i saw it when we were putting away the tables... but then the chairs got picked up and thats the last i saw. i think i was the last one to leave and there was nothing left out on the floor. someone must have put it away wet...lol
Old 01-29-2016, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default 1/12 SCALE ROTOR

So I have been racing with the Amazing Club and 1/12th scale 17.5 for about a year now.

During that time I have run two different motors.

Reedy Sonic 2 17.5
Trinity 24K 17.5

Both came with a 12.5 high torque rotor.

Both Reedy and Trinity make rotors that have more RPM, and less torque...

For 1/12th 17.5 is it best to just keep the 12.5 high torque rotor, or should i do some testing on some of the 12.3 or 12.0 high RPM models..?

Also is 12.5 the max for spec, or can I test out a 13.0???

As always, many thanks.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stick with your 12.5 rotors.

Two part reason:

1. They're the reliably faster option.
2. Stock rotors are a spec'd. That is, they have a maximum outer diameter of 12.5 mm and a minimum inner diameter of something I forget.

Mod rotors of any diameter are a no-no in stock motors. You can't assume that just because it's 12.5 mm or less in outer diameter that it's legal. It may not pass the inner diameter spec.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the 12.3 rotor is legal, its the same rotor that comes in the rpm version of the 24k motor which is roar legal. the 13.0 rotor is not legal, not sure about the 12.0
Old 01-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30 Round 7 Results

As a rainy January draws to a close, intrepid racers from all over the area brave Seattle traffic and everything that comes along with it for a few minutes of sweet, sweet racing. To those of you who race on Wednesdays, thanks. And for those of you who haven’t yet made it, we’ll have a pit spot and some friendly competition waiting for you, just bring a chair, your car and we’ll handle the rest.

The Hangar has seen a stream of Novice drivers this season, and this week was no different. McKenna Lence, Danial Wageman and Chris Iverson have all made prior Wednesday night appearances, so it was fun to see these newer racers build their skill and confidence on the track. McKenna took TQ, with Daniel and Chris lining up 2nd and 3rd respectively. At the start McKenna stretched out an early lead, but midway through a crash and trackside fix caused some major handling difficulties with her car. Ever the trooper, McKenna powered through to finish in 3rd place. Chris and Daniel avoided major trouble, and Daniel took the win, followed by Chris.

Formula 1 made another appearance at the Hangar with Mark Brown and Tim Cook hitting the track for some open wheeled shenanigans. As a reminder, F1 is an approved class at the Community Center and H30, and if there are enough cars we will run them, so bring your Red Bulls, Jordans, McLarens and yes even Ferraris and come race. In qualifying as well as the race, Mark made it look deceptively easy. His car was so planted – especially in the sweeper – that you’d forget how unforgiving those cars really are. (I’m happy to lend mine to anyone who needs a reminder, BTW.) Mark took TQ and the win, with Tim on 2nd and improving his form throughout the evening.

Stock Touring saw Mike Boyle lay down an impressive 34 lapper in Round 1, only to wound his car in Round 2 and not see the end of the race. His first qualifier was strong enough to take TQ over a hard-charging Shay Goodlund, but after 5 laps leading the Main the damage proved terminal and he retired from the race while leading. Shay wasted no time in seizing the lead, lit the afterburners and ripped near flawless laps to the end of the race, save for one tap near the end. Shay was the only car to get into the 9-second range with a 9.981, taking the win with Mark Brown (back to back all night with F1, busier than a one-armed paper hanger) in 2nd and Ryan Robinson in 3rd.

Stock 1/12 was a 6 car affair, with Bill Swadener joining the mix of regulars for our fortnightly pan car smackdown. Todd was off to a blazing start, leading the first few laps of Round 1 when contact slowed him just enough for Brian to take the top spot. From there he was all over Brian’s time like a cheap suit, rallying to finish only 2 seconds behind. In the main Brian lined up on the nose, then Todd and Stuart. Brian threw down a fistful of sub-10 second laps at the start to pull a small gap over Todd and Stuart. Throughout the middle of the race, Todd and Stuart traded positions, with the younger Mason clipping a fast lap that was only 0.01 second slower than The Slapmaster. In the end, experience triumphed over youth, as Todd overhauled Stuart to take 2nd, relegating the extremely quick youngster to 3rd.

For reasons that will quickly become obvious, I have asked Todd to handle the Scale Spec race recap, here is his report:

Kyle's long wait is over, and it prompts me to both congratulate and thank him for his efforts. Despite running a three-gong joke show in his pit area--race directing, two classes, and a personal loaner car--the race program itself was a smoothly run affair, as always, and we ran quickly through the evening. While pulling all of this off, Kyle put his ozite-camo Caddy on the pole in Scale Spec. That's right, he TQ'd. The start confirmed why the nose is the place to be as the trailing field stacked in the first corner in a carnageous mass, letting Kyle skip away a half lap before things got sorted out. From there he kept his cool despite a spazzy leg, palm sweats, and a forehead vein pulsing at roughly 140 bpm. The field behind sorted out in roughly the order one might expect, but no one could put a hand on our venerated Wednesday night race director. Not on this night. Congratulations Kyle on your first win. It took only three years! (Keep that in mind the next time anyone is pouting about a result. Kyle puts in the work for the rest of us and only now does he notch an actual victory. Winning is good, no doubt. But it's not the only thing.)

OK, I’m back. Thanks to everyone again for coming down to race, thanks to Brian for busting my stones prior to the Scale Spec Main (“How did you get TQ – you were TERRIBLE in 1/12 scale!”) and I hope to see more of at our next race on February 10th. Results are posted below.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (39.8 KB, 33 views)
Round2.txt (41.0 KB, 41 views)
Round3.txt (37.7 KB, 79 views)
Old 02-01-2016, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys,

I have a question that I figure some/most of you can answer: Where should I look to buy a tool to crimp Airtronics connectors on my servos and ESCs? I had to take most of the plastic on the connector off with a hobby knife to make them fit, and the connectors are basically shot now. Any suggestions on the tool and which type of end to buy, preferably one that doesn't require trimming? My Google-fu skills have hit their limit, so I figured it made sense to ask the group for suggestions.

Thanks for your help!
-k
Old 02-02-2016, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

I think these should work for you.

Don't think they ever made "Sanwa" ones.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Or swing by Hobby Town in Redmond Kyle. They stock the good smaller crimper that's my favoret and quality connectors in JR or Futaba style. JR is what you want also known as universal.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Very helpful, thanks guys!
Old 02-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tires

Those Team Powers TC tires going to be available trackside this Saturday? If not, anyone got a new set they want to sell?
Old 02-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LEM C
Those Team Powers TC tires going to be available trackside this Saturday? If not, anyone got a new set they want to sell?
Kody should have them track-side. If for some reason he's out of them or not in attendance, I have a NIP set for you. See you tomorrow!

- Brian
Old 02-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Lem,

Yes I have plenty on hand for tomorrow. Good to have you back out!

Kody
Old 02-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Who shakes beer? Ostensibly, a fool!

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;

I've some items needing a home in the Northwest For Sale thread:
For Sale: Awesomatix A700 Roller + Spares and more

Since nobody likes shipping (or waiting) I will bring it all down to the CC during the races tomorrow.

Thanks

-Greg
Old 02-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bshookup
Kody should have them track-side. If for some reason he's out of them or not in attendance, I have a NIP set for you. See you tomorrow!

- Brian
Originally Posted by Kody
Hey Lem,

Yes I have plenty on hand for tomorrow. Good to have you back out!

Kody
Thanks Brian and Kody. Got a lot of things going on so getting out to race will be a slow process . One race day at a time.

Also stopped by FW and noticed the bus was gone. .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.