Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Icebox Indoor

Winter: the season of bleak extinction? Or the season of subterranean stirrings and the promise of what is to come? Ponder the eternal duality of death and rebirth while tearing a hole through the atmosphere at the

Icebox Indoor at Hangar 30!

When
Saturday, January 14

7am Setup
8am Practice
10am Q1

What
Stock Touring
Modified Touring
Stock 1/12th
World GT
Scale Spec
Novice

How
3 Qualifiers and Single Mains.

$10 per class.
ROAR membership required.
Tables and chairs provided.

Why
"It's the best possible time to be alive. When almost everything you thought you knew is wrong." Tom Stoppard
Old 01-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Grant,

I think what you're seeing, with the fronts glazing over as you describe, is the effect of your car pushing through a turn at full lock rather than carving.

If I can, usually, I don't retrue my tires. I just swap left to right, keep the camber in the 1 deg. general neighborhood, and go from there. Neither do I clean tires between runs.

Assuming yellow/black, I full sauce both front and rear. Always and everywhere. Steering travel is in the 50-60% range. Stop by with your car either Wednesday or Saturday if you can make it. The 12R5 is an easy car to setup, particularly at N.O.R.A., which is a great track (ah...the heavenly smell of wintergreen ) We can figure it out quickly.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation "Better Living through Chemistry" ?

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hey Grant, (ah...the heavenly smell of wintergreen ).
This is just your "Brain Cells Fighting Back"
"At some point, Reverse will Reverse Engineer itself"
Old 01-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
Yeah let me jump in my time machine real quick, find myself a shop in 1989 and I will get right on that!

Will the CRC pro-strut front end shims work?
As long as they are standard threads like the asc I think they will work, but I really am not sure lol
Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
As long as they are standard threads like the asc I think they will work, but I really am not sure lol
I will bring what we got, but I would ask Pete to bring his shim box just in case.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
Yeah let me jump in my time machine real quick, find myself a shop in 1989 and I will get right on that!

Will the CRC pro-strut front end shims work?
Yes.

If you don't have any for Garrett we can use some duct tape and old cigarette cartons to make him some.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
We have started working on a few people and plan to go full steam very soon!
I love you.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
I was up at Nora this weekend trying to figure out timing for 17.5 12th scale and failed horribly. . But that is a subject for another time. .

My question is this; what is the best way to clean foam tires between heats? I noticed the set I was using got a shiny coating on them. Mainly the fronts. Should they be trued after every run to start with fresh foam every time? Thanks for bearing with a newbie.

Grant
Grant,
I clean with contact cleaner/motor spray between each run, spray on a cloth rag and wipe the tires down to remove residue. When we ran the wintergreen stuff, even more so. The glazing will occur more in the area that is not sauced. If you sauce the entire surface it will be less noticable.

If you don't clean between runs, might be fine. I think by cleaning before each run, you will get a more consistent run; run to run, track to track each time starting your sauce routine with a clean tire.

Truing between runs... it would seem (to me) I get my best feel at the end of the first run and though the second run, maybe even the third.

If you true each time, there will be a bit of break in that has to occur before the tires are seated. If you account for it then so be it, (takes about 15 laps) Most of us are not truing each run but after maybe 2-3 runs, or swapping tires. If I true up a tire during the night, I only knock down just the high spot a bit. I don't want to wait for the tire to fully reseat.

Also, it has taken me about a fifty sets of tires, to get the hang of just what i am looking for in the profile of the tire at the edge where it meets up with the rim. Take a close look at tires on any of the fast guys, They don't have chunking problems as a result.

On a side note for the rest of my friends at the track, I have a torn abdominal wall injury. I may or may not be able to make it this Wed.
If I make it I may need a hand setting up, and will be laying down under my pit table most of the night.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Yes.

If you don't have any for Garrett we can use some duct tape and old cigarette cartons to make him some.
You are a mean person wes
Old 01-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Yes.

Don't forget the Monster Energy drink if it's for Gertie.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

I'm gonna make some shims out of monster cans now...
Old 01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Someone with a larger vehicle. Could I pay you to pick something up from RC Hobbies Woodinville and bring? The package shouldn't be too heavy and it can be bumped around/squished. PM me.

Dimensions: 21"x38"x9"
Reposting.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Reposting.
Wednesday I am headin to the hangar to grab some stuff, I can take it there..

If its illegal I don't wanna know lol
Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Wednesday I am headin to the hangar to grab some stuff, I can take it there..

If its illegal I don't wanna know lol
Not racing?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
I was up at Nora this weekend trying to figure out timing for 17.5 12th scale and failed horribly. . But that is a subject for another time. .

I was having a terrible time with pushing and the car seemed slow. After the heats I was trying some setup changes and experienced little to no difference. Just for poops and giggles I threw on a set up older tires that were trued and ready to go. Not new just trued up after a few heats. What a night and day difference. I am sure all you experienced pan car people are going no "s" sherlok but it was an eye opener for me. My question is this; what is the best way to clean foam tires between heats? I noticed the set I was using got a shiny coating on them. Mainly the fronts. Should they be trued after every run to start with fresh foam every time? Thanks for bearing with a newbie.

Grant
i normally use motor spray and scrub the tires clean if they glaze over. but at the hanger i dont do anything but use painters tape to remove the fuzz and debris off of the tires.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.