Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool spur gear issues

As previously mentioned my buddy and I have been having issues with the 1st and 2nd gear housing and spurs. Yes, we realize one is left hand thread and the other is right hand thread but they should not be this difficult to remove and change gears. It's as if the aluminum is fusing together between the nut and threads. Is anyone having issues with these and does the Kfactory set work better? I have had the car for 2 weeks and made the A-main my first time out but stripped my first gear spur on lap 37. I was running a Kyosho RRR Evo before and the G4RS straight out of the box with factory settings seemed to fit my driving style perfectly. If I can get this spur gear issue solved it would be great. Any advise???
Old 04-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
As previously mentioned my buddy and I have been having issues with the 1st and 2nd gear housing and spurs. Yes, we realize one is left hand thread and the other is right hand thread but they should not be this difficult to remove and change gears. It's as if the aluminum is fusing together between the nut and threads. Is anyone having issues with these and does the Kfactory set work better? I have had the car for 2 weeks and made the A-main my first time out but stripped my first gear spur on lap 37. I was running a Kyosho RRR Evo before and the G4RS straight out of the box with factory settings seemed to fit my driving style perfectly. If I can get this spur gear issue solved it would be great. Any advise???
Make sure the motor is not moving on you.
There has been a problem with the screws used being too long bolting down the engine to the mount.

It's only very slight, maybe less then 0.25mm !
But enough to make the engine feel tight, but when ran it can move causing the stripping of gears.

Other then that......pay close attension to the way the nut and housing go over the spur gear. Sometimes they feel as though they are well seated when they are not.

Regards,
British Menace
Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hi I had issues with second gear housing it is a very soft metal my nut stripped off the housing and I replaced it with duro gears and always locktight the nut on now and have not had an issue since.
cheers
Old 04-03-2008, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I was running a Kyosho RRR Evo before and the G4RS straight out of the box with factory settings seemed to fit my driving style perfectly.
I hear you !

I use a 19mm combination spanner to get the nuts on and off with no problems, but I must admit,they were hella tight out of the box - had to borrow a buddy's TM tool to get them off
Old 04-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aussies1129
Hi I had issues with second gear housing it is a very soft metal my nut stripped off the housing and I replaced it with duro gears and always locktight the nut on now and have not had an issue since.
cheers
You mentioned stripping the nut off the housing. Did you replace everything or just the nut and gears? Do you have a part number for the duro gears referenced above and have you used the Kfacory 2nd gear housing or 1st gear oneway? I'm looking to correct the only issue I'm having with the kit.

G4RS
Old 04-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
You mentioned stripping the nut off the housing. Did you replace everything or just the nut and gears? Do you have a part number for the duro gears referenced above and have you used the Kfacory 2nd gear housing or 1st gear oneway? I'm looking to correct the only issue I'm having with the kit.

G4RS
Ok I have never had an issue with my 1st gear spurs just make sure your engine is aligned/meshed properly and very secure, here are the numbers for the 2nd gear upgrade to duro :
www.rc-mushroom.com have these parts
TM502284 HOUSING AND NUT
TM502285 CLUTCHSHOES
TM502281 45T
TM502282 46T
TM502283 47T
goodluck!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi All:

There is an issue with the 2 speed nut. We were skeptical at first since it is a left handed thread and factory assembled. In an effort to get to the bottom of the problem we opened two cases of kits and found that every one had the same problem. So here is what we are offering to do for everyone who has purchased a G4RS in the US and everyone internationally who purchased a G4RS from Wolf Hobbies. If you send us your defective 2 speed assembly P/N 502111 and spur gear, we will send you a FREE replacement 502111 and spur gear. All that we ask is that you pay for shipping. If you enclose a check for $5.00 (international shipping will be more so contact us first) we will get you the replacement via priority mail. If you plan to place an order just send us the defective part and ask us to email or call you when we get it (make sure you enclose your contact info). When you place your order we will enclose your new parts without any extra shipping cost.

Thank you

Wolf
Old 04-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

We are happy to announce that we are forming the Wolf Hobbies / Team Magic Race Team. Our sponsor program will be providing, discounts, perks and compensation on par with any other manufacturer with teams in the USA. In addition, we are offering other compensation opportunities that the other manufactures do not offer. Our goal is to have solid representation at all of the ROAR National and Regional events. We are looking for friendly, motivated and talented individuals with an overwhelming competitive spirit to showcase our cars and be Ambassadors at large for Wolf Hobbies and Team Magic.
We are looking for electric and nitro drivers. If you are interested and feel you have the qualifications to be a sponsored driver, please send us the following;
1 Current resume with race results (even if you sent us one already).
2 A short note on why we need you on our team and what you will contribute.
3 A list of ROAR and local events you will be participating in.
4 A photo of your car with and without body (even if it is not a TM car)
5 A photo of yourself. (This has NO bearing on the decision process. But it will
be posted on the web site if you are selected and choose to join us).
6 Name and contact info for your home track.
The compensation package is confidential and will only be shared with those that are invited to join. Please send your application to [email protected]

Thank you

Wolf
Old 04-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Wolf for all the help and support.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Wolf,

Team Magic will be present at the 1st race of the Lonestar Series here in San Antonio, Texas. Thanks for the parts. We had 2 Team Magic cars in the A-Main at the Speedline Grand Prix in Houston, Texas last weekend. Several sponsored drivers took a close look at our G4RS kits and were quite impressed. One of the sponsored 1/8 drivers even took one out on the track and he loved the way the car drove. We'll do our best this weekend and let ya know how it goes.

Regards,
Daniel

G4RS
Old 04-05-2008, 11:48 PM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by X4
Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack this thread again but i feel this is the bext way to reach out the the G4 fellows.

I have 6 pieces of G4 3mm ALuminium chassis for sale

1 piece - $40 shipped
2 piece - $60 shipped (sorry, miscalculated on the shipping to USA and Canada)

I also have 2 pieces of Kfactory G4 4mm chasis for sale (SOLD)

1 piece - $50 shipped
2 piece - $80 shipped

Please bear with me on this because my shop closed down and i'm just trying to clear as much stuff as i can at a ridiculous price to make some money back.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING

Interested please pm me.

Thanks
Hi All, i'm left with 4 pieces of 3mm chasis.

Anyone interested please pm me. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

would i be able to upgrade my mongoose G4 into a G4S?
Old 04-06-2008, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stanislow
would i be able to upgrade my mongoose G4 into a G4S?
if you get a 3mm chassis of X4, then you wont have to drill a hole in the mongoose chassis for the bell crank steering. apart from that , everything off the G4Rs will also fit, apart from the back plate and rear lower hinge pins of course.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:37 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
if you get a 3mm chassis of X4, then you wont have to drill a hole in the mongoose chassis for the bell crank steering. apart from that , everything off the G4Rs will also fit, apart from the back plate and rear lower hinge pins of course.
Hi Pattojnr, thank you very much for your help.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by razzor
Sad loss for TeamMagic
Darren Johnson (Daz, Muppetracer)to run for Xray in 2008

Looks like just Dario Ballestri is the only high profile racer is still running for TM.
I am pretty sure that they had to make him a good offer!
I will rather start racing slot cars before i go to XRAY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.