Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

well i hope my gitches are going to go away today - final testing at ocal track - and i hope it all goes well!

ill report back later in how all goes
Old 10-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
well i hope my gitches are going to go away today - final testing at ocal track - and i hope it all goes well!

ill report back later in how all goes
What is your setup? I mean radio equipment and optional parts etc.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Hi everyone

Hey guys

It's been a while since ive been on. My off road season started 9 weeks ago and have not been on since. Man i miss driving my g4s.

Been doing some reading and its great to see the same old faces and some new ones. All new g4s drivers welcome.

Gansei still the fast man with all the new bits. Gansei few questions for you. That lipo pack you have on the car. Who makes it and it looks like it droped in without mods?

Kodak i cant believe your still having glitch problems. I would be
Im gonna take a pic of the mod i did and hope it give you some ideas. If you remember i had problems like you last year. After i did this mod i have yet to catch one glitch.

By the way guys i finished 2nd last season out of an 8 week point series. 1st was a NT1. Thanks for all who helped out along the way with setup.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

no more glitches, i think it was just worn plugs and connectors, relpaced after almost a years worth of racing and all good today!

Thou question, what do you guys recommend when a car tends to loop when coming into corners and driveout of corners - the arse end is rather taily atmo....

using diff front - 50,000 oil
reat diff 10,000 oil

front rear shore tires 40

3 degree camber rear
2 degree camber front

199 rear track
199 front track

springs aqua front
springs pink rear

ride heaight 6mm rear
ride height 5mm front

its weird why its looping off power, like ya need to cattch it before it over loops....

anyways ill let you guys think of any ideas

cheers
Old 10-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

we will go over it in a few days Frankie, im sure we will get it sorted
, not long to go now
Old 10-20-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by emankov
Yo g4s racers,
Since i finish building my g4s (stock)
please propose me a decent race .12 engine (stock, not modded not fancy).No need to justify your proposal, just name the engine.
Much Appreciated
I first went ed trans with stock rtr engine and noticed a difference, the car seemed to run alot smoother/quicker down low, then upgrade to red dot with skyline pipe and wow what a difference very tricky to get power to ground without spinning out, I had to up my gearing, but the motor made a hell of a difference and there cheap too!
cheers
Old 10-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...rrent=opg4.jpg

Hi guys, just want to share.. here's my g4s (almost g4+) with the newly installed front speedshot mod..

cheers!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Gansei still the fast man with all the new bits. Gansei few questions for you. That lipo pack you have on the car. Who makes it and it looks like it droped in without mods?
it is 800ma Lipo (E-SKY (Chinese product)

i drilled carbon upper deck to expand (to put lipo)

and.. i used shoe-goo(glueing) to fix lipo.

6v REGULATOR WAS ATTACHED!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-sany0003.jpg  
Old 10-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OrAnGe PoWeR
http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...rrent=opg4.jpg

Hi guys, just want to share.. here's my g4s (almost g4+) with the newly installed front speedshot mod..

cheers!
Dude, car is looking very sweet bro! Nice to see a REAL engine in one of our cars! J/K. Most everyone knows I'm an RB guy for life. Anyway, is this speedshot the same as the G4+? Or is the G4+ a type of plastic? Can't tell because of the black color on the +. If it is some type of composite, does it allow more flex and increase steering?

Anyway bro, nice ride man.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

this probably posted earlier but can someone give me the breakdown on the difference between the g4s and the g4+ or is it to much to list?
thanks
Old 10-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aussies1129
this probably posted earlier but can someone give me the breakdown on the difference between the g4s and the g4+ or is it to much to list?
thanks
Dude, I know I saw that list, have you tried to look on the G4+ thread? It's a much shorter thread and by doing a search it should be easy to find. I might look it up as well. If I find it I will let you know.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, car is looking very sweet bro! Nice to see a REAL engine in one of our cars! J/K. Most everyone knows I'm an RB guy for life. Anyway, is this speedshot the same as the G4+? Or is the G4+ a type of plastic? Can't tell because of the black color on the +. If it is some type of composite, does it allow more flex and increase steering?

Anyway bro, nice ride man.
Thanks Serpentd! I heard the g4+ also has the aluminium front speedshot only anodized black.. Mine is the 2nd gen speedshot, it has the carbon fibre insert on the holes nearest to the tank (this is where it usually bends on impact).. I haven't tried the composite ones yet, but you're probably right.. It will have more steering compared to the aluminium due to the flex..

cheers!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Hello Racers,

We wish for the racing community to know that TMA Marketing & Distribution has informed Team Magic Model Industrial Co. that we will no longer distribute Team Magic products to dealers in the USA after November 1, 2007.

This has nothing to do with our belief in the quality of the product or how they handle retail customers. It is due to the business standard of ethics in respect to our dealers in the USA. The business standards that TMA Marketing holds and expects from all manufacturers we represent, in respect to protecting and respecting the dealers in the USA, is not being met by Team Magic Model.

TMA Marketing will continue as the exclusive distributor to Team Cobra Racing and a couple others to be announce shortly, and additionally as a distributor to many other high quality manufacturers as well.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

hi guys on my g4s my clutch end play changes gap after the first race is this normal does the round spring nut need locking? I have the end play set with minimal movement with the bell spinning freely. after the first race I give the bell a tug in and out and there is more movement than when first started??could it be clutch shoe wear that is responsible?
thanks
Old 10-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OrAnGe PoWeR
Thanks Serpentd! I heard the g4+ also has the aluminium front speedshot only anodized black.. Mine is the 2nd gen speedshot, it has the carbon fibre insert on the holes nearest to the tank (this is where it usually bends on impact).. I haven't tried the composite ones yet, but you're probably right.. It will have more steering compared to the aluminium due to the flex..

cheers!
the G4+ one is nylon, not anodised alloy. the extra flex does gain some steering for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.