Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default G4S RTR

Have any of you tried the RTR version yet? Any thoughts?

I'm looking at getting it for a short term car. My plan is to run it this summer and to build up a kit during the winter.

Thanks!

Chris
Old 06-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Looks like I should spread this out. RC-Mushroom is selling G4S with FREE ED system!! They must selling out this fast http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=9675
Old 06-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I placed my order for the rtr version.

What does the kit not come with that i need to get? Any suggestions for these items?

What should I look at ordering to replace on the kit, or carry as spares?

thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by Krafcik
Have any of you tried the RTR version yet? Any thoughts?

I'm looking at getting it for a short term car. My plan is to run it this summer and to build up a kit during the winter.

Thanks!

Chris
Old 06-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
ill take note of that Gansei although at our practice yesterday i experienced the opposite.
Far too much steering and a loose back end.
Might have beed due to the track being resurfaced but will rebuild car to manual settings and start fine tuning from there again.
replacing G4+ knuckle arm will effect front sus arm lengh is longer..

and rear sus arm length is shorter.

if i do setup front 200m, rear 200mm by G4S Stock knuckle arm.

and i replace with G4+ knuckle arm (same front 200mm, rear 200mm)

sus arm length effect like will be front 202mm, rear 198mm(by seeing point of view stock knuckle arm setup)

then.. front activity will be smooth.. and rear activiry will be quick.

But i did setup my G4S in long time by Stock knuckle arm..

i very suffered after chaging G4+ knuckle arm in FEMCA 2007.

Daz said G4+'s review..

"According to Daz there is more steering and the car is very responsive."

But.. my point of view.. rear is very unstable.. and feel understeer in corner-in.

i quess that my G4S wheel base is 4mm shorter than G4S Stock

and becauise such different factor..

so i could not find proper setup my G4S after changing G4+ knuckle arm

frankly speaking.. my G4S activity was the worst.. in FEMCA 2007

But i could enter B-MAIN (Heat 16th).. it was very fortune result.. ^^
Old 06-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with you that they are different but unfortunately you didnt have time to get your setup with the quick release uprights.
After i changed myine ,i made sure i check my track width.But genereally we would expect it to be the same when changing to the new parts.

I guess in hind sight we would have to say to everybody to always double check your cars settings when changing or adding new parts.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm happy with my G4S, and since the G4+ is gonna be limited editionI believe its gonna be expensive and hard to get. so I am staying with my g4s, maybe add some g4+ parts.

on a second note, anyone know whats the best traction additive to put on the track?

this is just when we practice, and I don't want to spend too much money on it, here is what I have so far.

1) Clean off the track throughly with the leaf blower, remove as much dust as possible
2)spray on 2 coats of high sugar grape soda, applied with a pump sprayer.

does grape soda do the job? or something? because where I practice it is always very dusty and we need to add some stickiness to the track or else the cars are all over the place
Old 06-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
I agree with you that they are different but unfortunately you didnt have time to get your setup with the quick release uprights.
After i changed myine ,i made sure i check my track width.But genereally we would expect it to be the same when changing to the new parts.

I guess in hind sight we would have to say to everybody to always double check your cars settings when changing or adding new parts.
you are right...

i experianced many failure by changing option parts..

But i like very much new parts, option parts.

so i did repeatedly the same mistake.

and i can get new setting method(sus arm length changing)

by changing Wheel Hub thickness

it was very useful experience for me...

i have to learn about RC Setup.

i feel my lack of RC knowledge. ^^
Old 06-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
I'm happy with my G4S, and since the G4+ is gonna be limited editionI believe its gonna be expensive and hard to get. so I am staying with my g4s, maybe add some g4+ parts.

on a second note, anyone know whats the best traction additive to put on the track?

this is just when we practice, and I don't want to spend too much money on it, here is what I have so far.

1) Clean off the track throughly with the leaf blower, remove as much dust as possible

does grape soda do the job? or something? because where I practice it is always very dusty and we need to add some stickiness to the track or else the cars are all over the place
i sprayed COCA-COLA(coke) in circuit ground.

then .. the traction will be good.

and.. setup ride height high and give more roll(soft suspension) in low traction

then.. the car will go well..
Old 06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcrevolution

Bud dont rely on the Soda to give you the grip !!!
We use 10kg sugar to about 50/60 liters of water and just spray it evenly with out making puddles.we do 3 rounds with our sugar machine which is a old lawnmower engine with a pump on it spraying out of a 3.5m bar with garden spray nozzles.We use a 200 liter plastic drum for the resevoir and all assembled on a frame with dolly wheels.
The aim of the sugar water is to hold down the dust and add a little to the grip.Ive read on the electric threads that guys add 2/3 2 liter grape soda or Mountain dew etc to the sugar water to help rprevent the sugar crystalising.

As complicated as ive made it sound its simple.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gansei
you are right...

i experianced many failure by changing option parts..

But i like very much new parts, option parts.

so i did repeatedly the same mistake.

and i can get new setting method(sus arm length changing)

by changing Wheel Hub thickness

it was very useful experience for me...

i have to learn about RC Setup.

i feel my lack of RC knowledge. ^^
Bud we all learning and thankfully helping each other out with our lessons learned.
So dont worry we will get it sorted ,just keep asking questions and contributing to the thread

Im going through the same motions of understanding setup.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hey Darkseid,

Are you racing soon? Do you need them quick like?
The reason why I am asking is that I know Sam at Raceday is expecting a shipment in very soon (I'm presuming he is getting more rear arms in?!)

But if you need them now, I have a set you can have! Just order a set from Sam and have him send them to me. Pm me your address if this helps you.

I'm not racing again until 16/17 June so I'm not desperate.......yet?!.....lol

Hope this helps out.

Menace
Thanks for the offer, but rc-mushroom has already shipped my stuff and EMS shipping is pretty fast. Or atleast it always has been from rc-champ.

So if its anywhere near as fast from rc-mushroom, then I should be good by this weekend.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Hey Gansei, Are sure you don't want to go to Jakarta again for DTM ?? to get 18 laps ?? I'm just kidddin......

You are always welcome bro !!!

BTW, don't bother too much with upgrades or hop ups if you don't feel comfortable driving it.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Thanks for the offer, but rc-mushroom has already shipped my stuff and EMS shipping is pretty fast. Or atleast it always has been from rc-champ.

So if its anywhere near as fast from rc-mushroom, then I should be good by this weekend.
They give you EMS tracking number, right ?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:55 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

REMEMBER,
Keep it simple, keep it FAST!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just want to add something too improve the grip a tiny bit, last time I was there it was so dust even after I cleaned it that my g4s would slip around corners.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.