Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asil
zoom, congrats to you my CRF 2007 is on the way.. we'll be talking much about it..

Asil
No worries asil. From what I know, the 2007 spec doesn't really need the clutch update either. Black spring should work well.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:25 AM

yes Zoom, I've already bought black spring.. Everything is ready except engine

Asil
Old 03-19-2007, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hey guys
put the front diff in and the car is much less free rolling that would be normal
with 50000k front and 30000k rear
and is has sort of a hump spot (a tight spot) when u push it
but havnt tested it yet so the car may settle down smoother

also have changed both front and rear belts
so that has prob made it tight as well
what do u think guys

paul
Old 03-19-2007, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Paul,
How was your weekend?

Just a quicky.......... cause I had a similar problem.
If you have put either Mugan or some other make of captured ball on the end of your steering turnbuckles, check they do not foul your diff as it turns.

Also.....sometimes, I don't know if you've stript the car down, but if you push the brake pulley all the way onto the drive pin. The pulley or pin can foul on the brake pad holders.
Either of these could give you your tight spot...
It did on mine. Just a thought.But I know what your saying about new belts.
Make sure your not running the belts too tight.

Regards
Menace
Old 03-19-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It could be your diff gears.

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
hey guys
put the front diff in and the car is much less free rolling that would be normal

what do u think guys

paul
Old 03-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
hey guys

what do u think guys

paul
Are you running the smaller diameter front tires with the Ed tranny? When I first went from the front one-way to the diff setup I noticed the same thing. Almost like a binding type "pop". In my case it was because I had put a set of tires that were all the same size on it after reassembly. As soon as I put fronts that were 2mm smaller it rolled smoothly. Just an idea....
Old 03-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey everyone! First I want to thank everyone that wished me luck on my first venture out this year, plus the first time for my G4S to hit the track!

Well, raceday for me was quit hectic. I run both 10th and 8th scale at a pretty small club. So out of five heats, It's race (qualify) then marshal. 5 minute break then race and marshal then ten minute break and we start all over again. DUDE, this sucks! If you break anything, good luck! And break stuff we did! BUMMER! But expected to a point.

Ok, for starters, I had NO steering. Ok maybe some, but I love TONS! And on top of this, we are running the most technical track in racing history! An average lap for our medium sized track was 24 seconds. I'm use to the 15-18 second laps times, not 24 seconds!!!! I swear there were 15-20 major left and right turns. A VERY TECHNICAL TRACK!!! Anyway what happens when you have no steering going into the sweeper off of the straight. Dude, big heavy boards! Actually I was taking it easy to learn the characteristics of the car. So no major damage, sort of. My main issue was that damn Adjustable ackerman servo saver. POS!!!! I ripped out the ball link 4 times!!!! I finally just put the kit one back in, all good! Well, on the 3rd qualifier, I tangled (barely) with a car at the beginning of the straight and had to pull my car AGAIN!. This time I noticed that BOTH rear lower A arms were broke. Obviously damage occured from earlier in the day I didn't notice since all my focus was on the damn servo saver with little time to fix as I pointed out. Other then this, I can't complain about the car at all. If it wasn't for the servo saver problems, things would have gone quite smooth.

My other isssue was my JP mod engine. OK we have a fairly small to medium size track. I'm guessing that it's about 175ft X 125 ft. So a short straight. This engine didn't come to power even at the end of the straight. Way to high RPM motor with no torque. Normal for JP I am finding out for the .12's. Not good for me. I would have changed engines, but no time. The clutch was thin (slipping) but I could not adjust the darn spring collar with the bell on, the collar was just too tight. I couldn't take the bell off because I couldn't take off the 2 speed shoe cam do to Loctite seeping between the cam and the shaft. I didn't want to use pliers on the cam and risk scratching it as I was in a hurry, so just left it. So I was left with this HIGH rpm engine with middle of the road gearing and a slipping clutch. Everything against me to get that power to the ground.

So I get everything changed for the main. I took out some rear toe to try and get more steering. I did old school set up with a ruler for toe, track width and camber after replacing the rear a arms. I put on the KFactory foam which I love! Instead of softer in the front for more steering I went harder in the rear. I had 40 fronts and 42 rears. I didn't have anything softer for the front trued up of coarse fighting time, plus I actually needed softer all the way around as traction was lower then I expected. But with me liking hard tires eitherway, I didn't trip out too much. Well, I qualified last in the B main since I don't think I ever even finished a qualifier due to my servo saver issues aused by the lack of steering.

OK, we have our 4 minute warmup and things felt good, came in for fuel to start the 15 minute race and I flame out. My pit dude couldn't figure out my starter box and the engine didn't want to start. Figures, Well by the time I got it started I was 2 laps down from leader. I get out there and the car was doing good considering all my issues with steering and power. Then the 5 minute mark comes and I decide to take an extra lap to avoid congestion in pit lane. WRONG. Ran out of fuel 20 feet past pit lane. I never had a chance to see how long the car would last fuel wise. So lesson learned. anyway, we got the car back to the pits and fired it up with a full tank. Now there is about 9 minutes left and I'm still 2 laps down due to my engine issues. Finally I got a groove going. Being in 8th (last) position with 8 or 9 minutes to go. Hmmm, not good. But after every lap I was finaly getting it. With 5 minutes left I moved up to 4th or so. Pitted my last pit and the hunt was on. With 2 minutes left I was finally on the sam lap as the leader. But I ran out of time. I was gaining on him about 3 to 4 seconds a lap. But he finished about 8 seconds ahead of me and I took second. I wasn't disappointed at all. If I had 2 more minutes I could have taken him pretty easy, and everyone knew this, most importantly I knew it. So he bumped up to A and I didn't.

I had a BLAST in the main!! The anouncer was making it very exciting you know how they do. As I was the car comming up form last and almost catching the leader. So all in all, now that I know what I NEED to do to the car with the proper amount of time, I am very confident to be near the front of the A's next race. So I look forward for my next showing. Different engine, gearing and clutch tuning. Plus maybe some softer tires. I'm way stoked for our next race in 2 weeks! Sorry I didn't do us all better this time around, but I learned a lot on the car and found my little bugs that needs attention. Sorry for the post from hell! But you guys know how I am with my Too many details!

So enough of me. Great job Gansei and ZOOM!!!! I'm glad some of you had a successful raceday!!! Great job guys!!!!

For us that didn't, there is ALWAYS next race! Later guys.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default aluminum server mount

i got aluminum server mount from RC friend.

he gave to me gift for yesterday Race Winning.

my G4S is almost Full Option Car~~ ^^
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-sany0002.jpg   Team Magic G4-sany0004.jpg  
Old 03-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gansei
i got aluminum server mount from RC friend.

he gave to me gift for yesterday Race Winning.

my G4S is almost Full Option Car~~ ^^
Nice.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Can some hook me up with a good set- up to start with, will runin' a prepared surface I have the ED Transmission upgrade, thanks
Old 03-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Hey everyone! First I want to thank everyone that wished me luck on my first venture out this year, plus the first time for my G4S to hit the track!

Well, raceday for me was quit hectic. ..............For us that didn't, there is ALWAYS next race! Later guys.
Man, what an intense day! Sounds like you did well all things considering. At my last race last fall I had installed the Ed tranny the night before. It was the same type of day. I had hurried my install, and ended up chasing problems and setup all day.

I guess the old adage, "A bad/hectic/stressfull/insert whatever as needed day racing is better than a good day at work." rings true....
Old 03-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Guys, I forgot to mention something cool as hell. This dude from FOX the TV station showed up at the races when he was driving around and looking for a story. So out of everyone at the races, he interviews me while I was wrenching on the G4S in my pits. He waited until I was up to race and he got a close up of me starting the car and then going down pit lane. His camera (TV style) was like 2 feet from the car. It was BAD!!!! Talk about exposure. I was tripping out on the whole thing. I think he told me he was going to air it next week or something. I can't remember because I was too into the race. Dudes, our G4S on TV. Yeah Baby. It just happened that the only sticker I had on the car was G4S on the spoiler. He video taped me for a few laps after that. At least those were some clean laps. Just thought you guys would get a kick out of that.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default serpentD

serpentD.. sorry for your starting trouble.

But you finished 2nd position, i think your racing skill was good..

i wish that your race skill show in Next Race.

good luck to you..
Old 03-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SerpentD can u tape that segment of the news and then post it here?

there are different branches of FOX and I don't think the FOX in Colorado airs the same thing as the one in NY.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
SerpentD can u tape that segment of the news and then post it here?

there are different branches of FOX and I don't think the FOX in Colorado airs the same thing as the one in NY.
Absoutely bro! I need to find out when that airs for sure. But I will do my best to get that recorded and post for everyone on our thread. I gave the dude all my info, like phone #, name and all but didn't get his info. But I'll figure it out. I'll keep everyone posted bro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.