Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
All this talk about racing and i cant join in Season opens April 22 for me. Damn winters with snow. I have to move.

Great to see all the G4 drivers getting better.
I know it might be hard to tell but what type of grip do you think this track is?

http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/images/done_l.jpg

I have yet to go there.

Id say low medium grip, but as the day gets more cars on track, it would be come mid high!!!

possibly 38W Shores allround and a nice 1.4 spring inthe rear PINK "WHOO YOO" & Fronts try a Purple 1.5 or and Aqua Spring 1.6

let me know if ya need a setup man, we can all help you out for sure!

Cool Track, i bet you cant wait to bust it up!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
serpent how hard is it to do fades and shadows with spray paint?

I dont paint enough bodies to go and spend $100 on an airbrush, paint, and liquid mask.

so I just wanted to tape some parts off and spray paint them down with simple fades is this hard with spray paint cans?

I wanted to do flames and fade them from white near the wheel wells to blue towards the middle (super hot flames ).
Dude, that is a piece of cake with just cans bro. Ok, make sure everythng is taped off of coarse but the flames you want to spray. Now if you use spray cans, I recommend to put the paint can in HOT water out of the tap for about 30-60 sec. This will help pressureize the can and get a finer mist out of the tip. Make sure to shake well of coarse. You will want to start with your darker color first (blue). Now make sure you spray the tips of the flames first and work you way down half way or so. However, try and keep the can near the tips to make that darker and let the overspray act as you fade. Hold the can closer when doing flame tips and then further back still near tips but letting the spray pattern of the can get larger towards the middle of your flames. Take your time and do just a little bit each time. You can take as many LIGHT passes as you want till it starts to fade good (Even up to 10 super light coats). The thinner the coats the smoother the fade. When your good with your blue, simply spray the rest with the white. You will want to cover the entire flame with white, so you will be also backing up the blue now. I hope this makes sence.

You can even do 3 colors this way. Like the very tips purple, then the blue then the white. Keep overlaping the colors until you finish it off with white. The purple tips you would want to focus more on the tips only. I happen to have a blue and whit flame job I did, so will include in pic. I'ts an old body, but you will get the point. If you have some extra lexan or you cut our your body first like I usually do, you can practice on a scrap piece.

By the way, you can get an airbrush and can of propellant (co2) for about $25-30 bucks from Wal Mart or such in the modle dept. These cheap airbrushes are perfect for what we need them for and VERY easy to use. Just for future consideration. If you have questions ask!! Good luck bro!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-054.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-055.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-056.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-058.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-059.jpg  

Old 03-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
You can run std UFO setup with teh harder 1.8mm black spring.
This works on most tracks and engine combos.

Heres a few setups from last year that are posted on teh TM website ,should help get you in the setup window and just fine tune from there.
hey raz
is that 7mm rear droop onthat first sheet

paul
Old 03-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thanks for the help from the G4S racers. a set of tips for the g4s has been added to our clubs site under "The Workshop" section of our site.

if you have any more tips, send them through to our website.

our site is www.moorebankraceway.com
Old 03-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
All this talk about racing and i cant join in Season opens April 22 for me. Damn winters with snow. I have to move.

Great to see all the G4 drivers getting better.
I know it might be hard to tell but what type of grip do you think this track is?

http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/images/done_l.jpg

I have yet to go there.
Dude, I feel your pain bro! It's been finally getting nice here in Colorado. About mid 50's today. A heat wave.

As far as that track, if it's left untreated then I will agree with Frankie. However if it's treated, then it will be HIGH grip without a doubt. 42's all the way around. Are you racing there this year?
Old 03-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No problem dude! what airbrush are you talking about? Do you have a picture or something? i went to walmart today and all i saw was the one that comes with the air compressor. I have a question when i hold the throttle and my second gear kicks in and i let off the throttle my idle stays high like if my low end needle is too lean but i know its not that because i already try to richen it but with no effect. i even changed motors and it still does the same thing is this normal or do i have a problem?

Originally Posted by Serpentd
DUDE!!! I like your way of thinking my friend! Maybe I can hand paint it there, I will give it a go bro!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Okay, well here is a few updates on my body. I'm not 100% happy, but trying some new techniques, so I will give myself a little slack. I did a carbon hood, and a "marble" effect that still needs a backing. Still trying to figure out the other colors I want to do. Should be done soon. But this is where I'm at.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-012.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-016.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-025.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-033.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-049.jpg  

Old 03-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Okay, well here is a few updates on my body. I'm not 100% happy, but trying some new techniques, so I will give myself a little slack. I did a carbon hood, and a "marble" effect that still needs a backing. Still trying to figure out the other colors I want to do. Should be done soon. But this is where I'm at.
Looking good man. I picked up a Stratus 3.1 today. I'm hoping that painting another so soon would help me learn the technics better. Now just to come up with a scheme...
Old 03-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default quick question

1.can too large end play setup wear out more clutch shoe?

2. clutch spring 1.6mm VS 1.9mm difference.

did 1.9mm spring always give more punch than 1.6mm?
(if 1.6mm spring lock length is more big than 1.9mm)
Old 03-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Awesome results man,

nothing wrong with 4th and great to see your there showcasing the G4!!! man your track must be grippy, to run 42W tires it must grip well!!! Hey what springs do you use for the grippy track, any understeer?

I have changed my setup for a mid grip track, with Purple springs up front and pink springs rear!

ran 38W allround and seem to have heaps of turn in wioth the front shocks laid right down!!!

Good setups do make the driving easy thats for sure!!!

Thanks Kodak, I don't feel so bad in 4th place because the guys ahead of me have been in the sportsman class a lot longer than I have.

Our track is super grippy, at times we need to run 45's all around and put
4-6mm grooves on the front tires to reduce steering. It got windy in the afternoon and the track got a little dusty, that is why I went down to 42R.

With the lay down front shocks (50K oil, and the aqua springs), I felt lots of on-power steering, with a little loss of corner entry speed.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know what you mean about long winters, They kill me too.
So I do electric racing too. "Indoors". what a thrill, but Nitro is my prefered
type of racing.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Serpent, HOW DO YOU DO THAT CARBON FIBER!!!!????

is it a secret? or can you tell me
Old 03-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by revo523
No problem dude! what airbrush are you talking about? Do you have a picture or something? i went to walmart today and all i saw was the one that comes with the air compressor. I have a question when i hold the throttle and my second gear kicks in and i let off the throttle my idle stays high like if my low end needle is too lean but i know its not that because i already try to richen it but with no effect. i even changed motors and it still does the same thing is this normal or do i have a problem?
Dude, as far as your engine, it sounds like it might be running rich on the bottom. You might be having too much fuel trying to burn off at idle and this is why it's reving high. You want to actually keep it reving high and lower your idle. Give that a try. Lean it out a little at a time (low end). After the revs stays high then lower your idle. Make sence?

As far as the cheap airbrush, I did notice that Wal Mart has changed companies for there pinting stuff. I think it's all House of Color stuff now. Which is awesome stuff, but what you want to look for is the Aztec single action airbrush. I posted a picture right above your post there with the red bodies. That's what it looks like. That is like a $25 dollar air brush that works Killer! I'll look around for the one I am talking about. Later bro
Old 03-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
Serpent, HOW DO YOU DO THAT CARBON FIBER!!!!????

is it a secret? or can you tell me
Dude, Of coarse it's a secret. You know us painters with our "secrets" But I will still let you know how I did it. Bro, it's quite simple actually. I use that "shelf protector" stuff you can buy EVERYWHERE! But I think I got mine at home depot or a place like that. Anyway, just cut out the size piece you need and tape it on the body. This stuff has 2 different sides, so make sure you put it flat side down. K. You need to tape it because you want to spray straight on the pad. Do NOT change your angle while spraying. Your first color is the "goldish" or what ever you make color. Do 2-3 coats of that. Then pull off the pad and spray the rest with black. Now the only issue is they don't make a "goldish" color. So I always mix my own paints anyway. And this is what you need to do. I did a ratio of about 6 parts black to 1 part gold and mixed well. You could also use silver or whatever. Test a little of the mixed color until you happy with it. Walla...carbon fiber. See that was easy.

Now if you don't have an airbrush, you could try and do one or two thin coats of gold or silver through a can holding it back like 12 inches (31cm). And then peel off the pad and do the black. You would want to keep your gold or silver TRANSPARENT so the black darkens it up. But you might want to practice first since I have never tried it. I use airbrush. Enjoy my friend! Keep asking questions if you got them. I have been airbrushing for about 10 years off and on...self taught. So no pro, but have lots of experience. Okay then. Later guys!!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-001.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-004.jpg   Team Magic G4-2nd-paint-g4s-031.jpg  
Old 03-13-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gansei
1.can too large end play setup wear out more clutch shoe?

2. clutch spring 1.6mm VS 1.9mm difference.

did 1.9mm spring always give more punch than 1.6mm?
(if 1.6mm spring lock length is more big than 1.9mm)
Dude, hey. Well as far as too large of an end play wear out your clutch shoe more, no. But it can cause you to go through too many thrust bearings. If your clutch gap is too large, or if your clutch slips too much then yes, this can cause faster wear on you clutch shoe. Your end play should ALWAYS be around 0.1mm. And your clutch gap should be around .4mm to .8mm.

As far as your clutch spring goes. HMMM? I'm trying to understand your question. I'll give this a shot. If you use a 1.9 or (1.8 black) spring, you will get more punch as long as you don't tighten up the clutch spring too much. Too much will make it slip. And the 1.6 will give less punch even if you tighten up the clutch spring. You can only go so tight with the clutch spring until it slips as well. And the stiffer springs should always give you more punch.

This is sort of hard to answer because there are so many variables with a clutch set up. For example if you use 0,1 or 2 weights in your cluch pads. The lighter you have your clutch pads (Zero weights) then the harder the clutch should hit. I hope that makes a little sence. Ask the question again if I didn't answer what you needed to know bro. Later bro!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.