Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

serpent how hard is it to do fades and shadows with spray paint?

I dont paint enough bodies to go and spend $100 on an airbrush, paint, and liquid mask.

so I just wanted to tape some parts off and spray paint them down with simple fades is this hard with spray paint cans?

I wanted to do flames and fade them from white near the wheel wells to blue towards the middle (super hot flames ).
Old 03-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

I always look forward to Sunday nights cuz I get to read everyones weekend racing adventure. For some of you, sorry for the crash and broken parts.

Here is my Sunday adventure at Revelations.

There were 16 entries in the sportsman class, 3 heats, B and an A main. Again, I was the only G4 driver

1st heat - no problems, track was still loose, came in 5th in my heat

2nd heat - I draw flawlessly, the car was on rails, but the top few cars were simply faster than me, came in 4th

3rd heat - pit man forgot to put fuel, stalled and lost 30 seconds

Qualified in the A main, on the 8th spot.

Before the 15 minute main, I put on a fresh set of GQ tires (45F and 42R) and laid down the front shocks to the lowest position.

During the main, I droved flawlessly again and slowly worked my way up to 7th, 6th, 5th. and finally to 4th place. I still need to work on my passing skills cuz I seem to hesitate to take the inside line at times because I don't want to cause accidents. It was a clean race where all drivers were in the same lap after the first 5 minutes. In the battle for 3rd, I had several chances to overtake the guy in front of me but just couldn't pull it off.

Well, after all was said and done, I finished 4th in the A main. Again, it was the only G4 out there. People started to notice the car because I had a big G4s sticker and Raceday Hobbies on my shell. I had several people come and check out my car at the pits.

My next race is the Airtronics Race on the weekend of March 22-24. Hope to see you there Sam and thanks for your support.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

razzor's right. Tapering of the piece makes it really week.
And Alu.. gets weeker everytime it flexes alittle, even a micron flex becomes
a crack in the shack.
Serpentd has an idea there, make it out Titanium, that should simply solve the problem with sacrifice. But for now you should give the belt somemore
slack or change back to Stock parts.
I've seen others breaking the middle shaft and rear shaft, it happens.
but its terrible to happen during A Chase for A Win.
Don't get discouraged Patto. You'll get that win back..
Just wasn't your day.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asil
guys, I'm building front gear diff and have a problem.. the gear case half has countersunk holes but screws are normal cap screws??? anyone have this??

here's the picture;
Yes, mine came the same way. Luckily I had extra screws to fit. I don't know why they include screws that don't fit.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

is there nothing that holds the top bearing on the single bell crank down? or did I build the steering wrong?

when I turn the steering the bell crank lifts up and the bearing wobbles there almost falling out
Old 03-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
is there nothing that holds the top bearing on the single bell crank down? or did I build the steering wrong?

when I turn the steering the bell crank lifts up and the bearing wobbles there almost falling out

The top brace will hold the the steering down. Make sure you put some lock tight on the silver retaining ring (that tightens the spring) because my came undone and caused major binding on the chassis.

Good luck.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sam I Am,

You have a PM.

Car looks interesting guys. I just got my kit, looking forward to getting it together and on the track. Do any of the midwest guys here have setups for Toledo, Racine, or Cinncy? What's the consensus on clutches? I have read most of the thread so far. Some say stock UFO, using different springs for different traction, some say CRF, some are adapting Mugen. Anyone have experience with several of these that has a preference?

Thanks,
Socko
Old 03-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dnitro
The top brace will hold the the steering down. Make sure you put some lock tight on the silver retaining ring (that tightens the spring) because my came undone and caused major binding on the chassis.

Good luck.

Hey Don, your car was working good yesterday.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asil
guys, I'm building front gear diff and have a problem.. the gear case half has countersunk holes but screws are normal cap screws??? anyone have this??

here's the picture;
That is unusual but can be corrected by changing screws to beveled type.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by razzor
That is unusual but can be corrected by changing screws to beveled type.
yeah razzor, I'll just go home and check my screw box

Asil
Old 03-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Sam I Am,

You have a PM.

Car looks interesting guys. I just got my kit, looking forward to getting it together and on the track. Do any of the midwest guys here have setups for Toledo, Racine, or Cinncy? What's the consensus on clutches? I have read most of the thread so far. Some say stock UFO, using different springs for different traction, some say CRF, some are adapting Mugen. Anyone have experience with several of these that has a preference?

Thanks,
Socko
You can run std UFO setup with teh harder 1.8mm black spring.
This works on most tracks and engine combos.

Heres a few setups from last year that are posted on teh TM website ,should help get you in the setup window and just fine tune from there.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-brian%2520berry%25202006%2520midwest%2520round%25201.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
g4s%20winternats%20setup.pdf (76.9 KB, 143 views)
File Type: pdf
G4s Cincinati.pdf (77.3 KB, 121 views)
Old 03-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

well guys im happy to say my car is about 80% built.

Building the rear diff was SOOO messy for me since the plastics don't come pre-threaded.... but i finally managed it, I think so the car has come together perfectly, I measured all the parts that get adjusted (droop screws, pivot balls, etc) about 5 times to make sure they are exactly set to factory settings.

when I spin the rear assembly I hear a tiny faint clicking so I have to look intot hat before I run the car, it sounds like its coming from the 2-speed spurs.

I also stripped an allen screw building the car, right on the rear alum. bulkhead, it was my fault for using crappy tools, but now I gotta get that screw out .

Anyways heres some pics of the progress hope you enjoy a new shiny, clean G4S!.

http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001757xu1.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001754qb7.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001755ku3.jpg

http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001758mo8.jpg
Old 03-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Razzor!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dnitro
I always look forward to Sunday nights cuz I get to read everyones weekend racing adventure. For some of you, sorry for the crash and broken parts.

Here is my Sunday adventure at Revelations.

There were 16 entries in the sportsman class, 3 heats, B and an A main. Again, I was the only G4 driver

1st heat - no problems, track was still loose, came in 5th in my heat

2nd heat - I draw flawlessly, the car was on rails, but the top few cars were simply faster than me, came in 4th

3rd heat - pit man forgot to put fuel, stalled and lost 30 seconds

Qualified in the A main, on the 8th spot.

Before the 15 minute main, I put on a fresh set of GQ tires (45F and 42R) and laid down the front shocks to the lowest position.

During the main, I droved flawlessly again and slowly worked my way up to 7th, 6th, 5th. and finally to 4th place. I still need to work on my passing skills cuz I seem to hesitate to take the inside line at times because I don't want to cause accidents. It was a clean race where all drivers were in the same lap after the first 5 minutes. In the battle for 3rd, I had several chances to overtake the guy in front of me but just couldn't pull it off.

Well, after all was said and done, I finished 4th in the A main. Again, it was the only G4 out there. People started to notice the car because I had a big G4s sticker and Raceday Hobbies on my shell. I had several people come and check out my car at the pits.

My next race is the Airtronics Race on the weekend of March 22-24. Hope to see you there Sam and thanks for your support.

Awesome results man,

nothing wrong with 4th and great to see your there showcasing the G4!!! man your track must be grippy, to run 42W tires it must grip well!!! Hey what springs do you use for the grippy track, any understeer?

I have changed my setup for a mid grip track, with Purple springs up front and pink springs rear!

ran 38W allround and seem to have heaps of turn in wioth the front shocks laid right down!!!

Good setups do make the driving easy thats for sure!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

All this talk about racing and i cant join in Season opens April 22 for me. Damn winters with snow. I have to move.

Great to see all the G4 drivers getting better.
I know it might be hard to tell but what type of grip do you think this track is?

http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/images/done_l.jpg

I have yet to go there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.