Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default is a UFO clutch the same as a centex

Hi there
Can anyone please tell me if the UFO clutch is the same(good, no good or better) as a centex clutch for my G4 as i would like to up grade my car abit?
cheers Rod..
Old 04-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rodney
Hi there
Can anyone please tell me if the UFO clutch is the same(good, no good or better) as a centex clutch for my G4 as i would like to up grade my car abit?
cheers Rod..
The UFO is an Excellent clutch! Better then a centex 1 & 2, but the centex 3 is also an Excellent clutch. The one made by Serpent that is. Don't know much about the other brands out there. But yes, I would HIGHLY recommend the UFO clutch.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

So there is no misunderstandings. We have scheduled pickup of domestic and international orders from the USPS everyday. Although it is not close to use, if we have more orders than we can get ready by 3:00 starting the night before, we make a run to the post office with balance of domestic orders. This is why everyone get their orders so quickly. We work hard everyday!

Shipping international through UPS I need to go to one of there outlets. The closest one I have to me doesn't take internationals. The next next one farther away does take internationals but charges an arm and a leg for the service. I have done one with them, they did it incorrectly and the package was delivered 30 days later. The UPS outlet due to distance from me is out of the question. If there is a mistake on the paperwork and you have UPS pick it up, you don't find out about it till one or two days later and you have to try again.

I have never lost a package through USPS shipping all over the world. I will remain with the service that is best for me and my customers and also far more cost friendly. Some orders I ship here within the States cost the same to France, Germany and etc. That is best for my customers.

However I find it interesting that you have a LHS you purchase from right there where you live. He is getting the tires in but just not soon enough for their customers (?). Why don't you pay the UPS charges to the LHS that you do business with right there and have him get them in quickly for his customers? Seem to me better time spent asking him than posting here!!??

Sam
Old 04-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

I steer clear of UPS. The times i've ordered from shops in the u.s and have had ups deliver the package to me in Canada, I've wound up with outrageous brokerage fees.

I'm not talking about taxes and duties -- but a fee charged by UPS to bring the parcel into the country. On one order it cost me up to 50$.

With good old u.s.p.s you will never have that. If ups charges brokerage fees in Canada, they must charge them in your country also. Beware
Old 04-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I got a G4 not Evo not S. I was told that the best upgrade was to change to the single crank steering. Looking over my car and from the pictures at the Team Magic site plus what Motorman said at the beginning of this thread, it doesn't look like it would be possible without changing everything, chassis and topdeck. Yes, I could get the G4S chassis conversion kit but if I am to do that I might as well opt for the entire kit to get the rest of the goodies like the UFO clutch swaybars and driveshafts.

If the steering conversion is possible on the older G4 could someone detail how it is done? Detailed pics would be nice. Thanks.

i have done said conversion to my G4 and it made all the difference..i would reccommend to anyone who want's smoother /better steering
the part # is 502267-1 from Race day Hobbie's
you won't be sorry...
Old 04-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by charlesd
I steer clear of UPS. The times i've ordered from shops in the u.s and have had ups deliver the package to me in Canada, I've wound up with outrageous brokerage fees.

I'm not talking about taxes and duties -- but a fee charged by UPS to bring the parcel into the country. On one order it cost me up to 50$.

With good old u.s.p.s you will never have that. If ups charges brokerage fees in Canada, they must charge them in your country also. Beware

I have had the same experience with UPS. I now refuse to deal with UPS since they charged me a $54 fee for a $10 item that was shipped to me!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by G4S'er
So there is no misunderstandings. We have scheduled pickup of domestic and international orders from the USPS everyday. Although it is not close to use, if we have more orders than we can get ready by 3:00 starting the night before, we make a run to the post office with balance of domestic orders. This is why everyone get their orders so quickly. We work hard everyday!

Shipping international through UPS I need to go to one of there outlets. The closest one I have to me doesn't take internationals. The next next one farther away does take internationals but charges an arm and a leg for the service. I have done one with them, they did it incorrectly and the package was delivered 30 days later. The UPS outlet due to distance from me is out of the question. If there is a mistake on the paperwork and you have UPS pick it up, you don't find out about it till one or two days later and you have to try again.

I have never lost a package through USPS shipping all over the world. I will remain with the service that is best for me and my customers and also far more cost friendly. Some orders I ship here within the States cost the same to France, Germany and etc. That is best for my customers.

However I find it interesting that you have a LHS you purchase from right there where you live. He is getting the tires in but just not soon enough for their customers (?). Why don't you pay the UPS charges to the LHS that you do business with right there and have him get them in quickly for his customers? Seem to me better time spent asking him than posting here!!??

Sam
Thanks for the heads up Sam. Didn't realize that UPS was such a pain internationally. But you would be the guy to know the best shipping routes. All I can say is keep up your great hard work, because you have lots of satisfied customers as myself. Not one complaint!!

Not too sure why Asil doesn't like USPS? Maybe the amount of time it takes for orders to get to him? Sorry to hear about your issues Asil. No one likes to have issues with shipping, that's for sure.

Anyway, Keep up the GREAT WORK Sam! Later.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

yes please keep using usps, ups comes at 5pm and I am always at work, while usps comes early in the morning

and Sam if you get together a crash kit post asap I will order 2 instantly
Old 04-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
yes please keep using usps, ups comes at 5pm and I am always at work, while usps comes early in the morning

and Sam if you get together a crash kit post asap I will order 2 instantly
Dude, you are too funny bro with this crash kit. I totally agree with you that they are nice to have. Do you plan on needing one real soon or something? Or have you been to a race and broke something that you didn't have a spare of and made you quit the day? I've just never seen such persistance on a part or parts. Heck, you have me so convinced you need one so bad...if I had one I would send it to you.

Sorry dude, I'm only playing. It's just that in the last 20 posts you keep mentioning the crash kit. I guess though that we never plan on large wrecks where this would come in handy. So I totally understand being prepared. I always end up with about 5-10 of almost every part for that Just in case day. You know those days where you for some reason go through 5 steering blocks or strip 5 gears. So having only 2 or 3 replacements wouldn't help you through the day. I think it only take a few of those days to make me personally have so many extra parts.

Anyway, I agree...Let us know when you get the crash kits in Sam. Thanks for going out of your way to make these. Very cool of you bro!

And rcrevolution, I appologize for picking on you. You gave me a good chuckle though.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

i just want one so badly because I want to be safe than sorry, and I won't enter a race with extra parts, but the crash kit makes picking out parts sooo easy, I dont have to order -arms, hubs, bulk heads, etc, I just order a crash kit that has everything for you.

sam plz make a belt strip kit and spur gear strip kit as well
Old 04-13-2007, 11:14 PM

guys, there is no problem with USPS till package comes to Turkey, and then story begins service in Turkey is slower. If it's a package that postman does not want to carry then you have to go to customs and deal with too many procedures and there is a chance that they may refuse to give it to you when the word comes to my LHS, they ordered a big lot of tyres and company manufactures them per their request. yes they are a bit late.. I did not ask my LHS that they may order tyres via UPS or Fedex but as far as I know companies that they work with will not use these services..

Sam talked about his UPS adventure and that's OK.. I know if he can then he will..

Thanks guys..

Asil
Old 04-14-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Does the ED transmission suit older versions or only G4S?
Old 04-14-2007, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Does the ED transmission suit older versions or only G4S?
It is a direct fit to all G4 models. However, you would need a UFO clutch for it to work(clutch bell is UFO size) as well as S-Class gears.

Earlier cars (C and E class) would need an S-Class gear set and a UFO clutch as well an ED transmission. A G4 Evo or a Mongoose came with S-Class gears so would only need a UFO clutch to work with the ED transmission.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Gansei,
Do you have a big race this weekend?
Good luck if you do...............
From all of us
Old 04-14-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default the worst exercise race

i run my G4S only 5 minutes in today.

because SpekTrum Trouble my g4s crashed into wall twice.

chassis bending, front bulk crashed twice, side stiff all broken..

fuel tank broken...

now.. i can't race in tomorrow kawahara race.

because.. i does not have spare part.. --;;

i am waiting my friend.. he will bring his G4S..

so i will pull out part what i need from his g4s.

i am very unhappy now..

i am not sure best condition in tomorrow kawahara race.

and g4S corps photo attached again~
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-20070414-009.jpg   Team Magic G4-20070414-011.jpg   Team Magic G4-20070414-016.jpg   Team Magic G4-20070414-017.jpg   Team Magic G4-20070414-018.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.