Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Serpentd check out the color, what do you think?I know it's boring but i don't have your skills!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-picture-001.jpg   Team Magic G4-picture-003.jpg  
Old 02-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
cheers D, got the grub screw out finally here at work, LOL sily bugger me but will need to re-tap a new hole so i can use until new product arrives!!!

i wonder if we cn buy this product seperatly on its own, or does we need to buy the whole lot again!!!

Anyways, its out and in the process of making it look like the other side with an external screw!!!!

now hows the painting go man? keep us all posted
Dude. I have been looking and I don't see the part you need by itself. Which is totally not cool and not normal. I wonder If you called Sam that he would seperate a package for you? He's cool like that and has done that for me on the past for ED tranny parts. At least you got that other one of yours operational. Hell, I would just run that as is for now bro. Plus when you do get a new set, DO NOT throw those other ones away. I will be testing different sway bars out this season on see if there is any benefit. These other sway bars have a larger diameter and needs to be drilled out to a larger hole if proves successful. These current ones might surve a purpose down the road.

As far as the painting is going, well I will be done tonight. I need to get on it though. I just got done with a few black highlights so to speak and now ready for the yellow on the front half. But I might decide to add a bit of color around the headlights and stuff first. Not sure yet. I always add spontanious color when I do air brush. So I will for sure keep you all posted and throw out some pics as I approach completion. Talk soon bro!! Later for now.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by revo523
Serpentd check out the color, what do you think?I know it's boring but i don't have your skills!!
Dude, VERY NICE!! And as far as boring, not even! I wasn't too sure on the green, but with the right colors to enhance it green is awesome. And your body prooves that! Now did you back the green up with white? it looks as though you did. If you didn't you really need to. Especially if that is flourescent. What color and brand of paint did you go with? Just curious. Now you just need to throw on a few decals and watch that body come alive!! Keep us posted bro and tell me a bit about your paint and all. Looks very good my friend! I need to paint a bit more myself. Talk with you soon dude.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude. I have been looking and I don't see the part you need by itself. Which is totally not cool and not normal. I wonder If you called Sam that he would seperate a package for you? He's cool like that and has done that for me on the past for ED tranny parts. At least you got that other one of yours operational. Hell, I would just run that as is for now bro. Plus when you do get a new set, DO NOT throw those other ones away. I will be testing different sway bars out this season on see if there is any benefit. These other sway bars have a larger diameter and needs to be drilled out to a larger hole if proves successful. These current ones might surve a purpose down the road.

As far as the painting is going, well I will be done tonight. I need to get on it though. I just got done with a few black highlights so to speak and now ready for the yellow on the front half. But I might decide to add a bit of color around the headlights and stuff first. Not sure yet. I always add spontanious color when I do air brush. So I will for sure keep you all posted and throw out some pics as I approach completion. Talk soon bro!! Later for now.

Thats cool bud, i finally got the sucker out of the hole, and yeah its bit unusal that there isnt a spar part on its own for sale!!! MMhhh would be an expensive operation if we all had this problem!!

Anyways, what i have done is re-tapped the sucker and placed a new hex screw in place like the prevoiuse pic that i showed!!!

This option or this mod would prevent this problem occurring!!!

Cheers for sussing it out, ihave PM Motorman to see what he can do aswell!

I ll look out for the pics of your super Kool paint work - once y aget the first meet out of the way, ya so gotta do one for me man!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well the paint is Pactra racing finish and the color is rally green. And yes, i back it up with white. Thanks for the compliments.I need to learn how to airbrush.

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Dude, VERY NICE!! And as far as boring, not even! I wasn't too sure on the green, but with the right colors to enhance it green is awesome. And your body prooves that! Now did you back the green up with white? it looks as though you did. If you didn't you really need to. Especially if that is flourescent. What color and brand of paint did you go with? Just curious. Now you just need to throw on a few decals and watch that body come alive!! Keep us posted bro and tell me a bit about your paint and all. Looks very good my friend! I need to paint a bit more myself. Talk with you soon dude.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Just got good news that my boss ask me if my proposal for sponosrship is finished, he is willing to help out for a few good dollars to get me out on the track once i work out a colour scheme!!

Stuffed around today since we all on the topic of paint, and like me i am no painter but i think i need to spend more time with a few radical designs on the computer!!!

Here is the semi sort design, company is called DJ Technology there is a website soon to be made but if you want to see it just PM as its not fuilly complete!!!

Enjoy, any feed back would be super
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-dj.jpg  

Last edited by Kodak Hodak; 02-27-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by revo523
Nothing boring about that !
Looks great
Old 02-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Just got good news that my ask me if my proposal for sponosrship is finished, he is willing tohelp out for a few good dollars to get me out on the track once i work out a colour scheme!!

Stuffed around today since we all on the topic of paint, and like me iam no painter but i think i need to spend more time with a few radical designs on the computer!!!

Here is the semi sort design, company is called DJ Technologie there is a website soon to be made but if you want to see it just PM as its not fuilly complete!!!

Enjoy, any feed back would be super
can you send me the program you used to make the prototype body it looks fantastic!!!

Cheers
Chris
Old 02-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro_racer23
can you send me the program you used to make the prototype body it looks fantastic!!!

Cheers
Chris

i use adobe photoshop to make designs - cant send it to you but i can ask you to do a search via adobe website and download a free version of the program!!

Then you will need to learn how to use it, ths is the fun part of learning - tip for ya is there is plenty of tutorials online via the interent that can help with basic drawing skills!!

Currently i am getting my proposal website almost finished for my boss to view, and he is keen to help me out as long as i wear his apperal on race days etc!!

Thou cheer son commets, its good to work out what the car will look like befor ei lay down paint and maskings!!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Z00M
Are you for real? You must be kidding.

I haven't been trying to make anyone feel bad. Every time I posted something I was told I was 100% wrong, it was all nonsense, and a myriad of other remarks that I have had to endure, and then you think I'm the one that is dishing it out? You need to have another read based on another point of view.

As for calling me childish, how about going back and reading your carry on about the tiny dent in your pipe? I ran a pipe like that for a year without a drama. If you don't know that damage can happen when racing, then you're in for a surprise. You're the last person that should be lecturing about childish behaviour.

I learnt a long time ago that the internet is full of keyboard warriors that act the goat and then behave differently to your face.

I have certainly not been putting the kybosh on the sharing of ideas, in fact I have had to battle hard to have a voice to share my own experiences with the forum. As for being a black sheep, you are obviously calling me that because I'm not part of your little 'gang' or 'crew' or whatever you've got going on. I could care less. Your opinion of me means very little, since you don't actually know me.

I could point out more and more of your comments towards me in trying to protect your friends, like the wedding day comment, but this forum is supposed to be about the car. If you want to shoot me down then I'll keep getting back up. Last I checked, you're not the boss of the forums.

So build yourself a bridge and get over it.

COME ON PEOPLE STOP THIS CRAP.COME ON THIS FORUM IS TURNING CRAZY.THIS FORUM IS ABOUT HELPING EACH OTHER OUT, HAVING FUN, AND POSTING NEW MODS,TIPS AND ETC.ALL THIS IS JUST NONSENSE WE ARE ALL FROM THE G4S FAMILY LETS ACT LIKE IT!ALL THIS SMART ASS ATTITUDE AND STUFF ISNT MAKING ANYONE LOOK BIGGER JUST RELAX AND ENJOY.AFTER ALL R/C RACING IS ALL BOUT HAVING FUN AND MEETING NEW PEOPLE
Old 02-27-2007, 11:50 PM

Frank, your paint prototype about your company looks good.. My company sponsored me last season and here's a picture;
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-image-155-.jpg  
Old 02-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I'm not getting as far as I hoped. My wife has been sick tonight, I think she caught the crap I had. So I have been taking care of her. Anyway, I'm back and forth upstairs and in the basement. This is all I have. I think I have spent more time on figureing this Faskolor stuff out then actually painting! But I have wanted to learn it for awhile now, so doing that as I go. Had this all been done with lacquer, I would be done by now. Welp, here is a few pics guys. Need to hit it again. Talk soon!!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-my-g4s-paint-schemes-015.jpg   Team Magic G4-my-g4s-paint-schemes-016.jpg   Team Magic G4-my-g4s-paint-schemes-018.jpg  
Old 02-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Looking sik man its even on the bit side of the INCREDIBLE HULK - cant wait once its all cleaned up, and fitted to the car, i wish ya wife get well, being sick sux!! Good tip from a wog boy, is chicken broth Soup works everytime!!!

Plus my partner is a Nurse -
Old 02-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asil
Frank, your paint prototype about your company looks good.. My company sponsored me last season and here's a picture;

nice like the flames, it shard to work out the design, but ill attack for in the next couple of hours or tomorrow!!!

Ill try a flame style and see how it comes out on the computer!!

Thou did you use Spray Cans? or Air Brush? - i currently will be using spray can as i dont have Air Brush on hand!!!

Keep Up the great work BTW
Old 02-28-2007, 12:12 AM

nice like the flames, it shard to work out the design, but ill attack for in the next couple of hours or tomorrow!!!

Ill try a flame style and see how it comes out on the computer!!

Thou did you use Spray Cans? or Air Brush? - i currently will be using spray can as i dont have Air Brush on hand!!!

Keep Up the great work BTW
It's a simple design and my wife used spray cans.. Yes, she prepares my bodies And now she wants an airbrush

Asil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.