Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

LOL i cant cuz i gots no fuel and im all set up for 1/12 and mini and its gona be cold and you know me and cold my hands kill me (im getin old) but i may come out AND i like lookin at this thread and getin piced on its funny. g4s for me hmm id have to get to many hopups to make it run the way id like it tho it is a good car stock

Last edited by wallyedmonds; 10-11-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

EASY FRANCIS! Quote from Sgt. Hulka, in the movie Stripes.
Originally Posted by Francis M.
Sorry just my opinion.

Rcrevolution.

wheel hexes are $14.00 items.

ufo is tm item. the other manufacturers has thier own version of the centax style clutch. So it might be an upgrade to team magic owners but not for other cars.

dual sway bars? last I checked most manufacturer's has front and rear swaybars.

Nimo- glad to hear the cars basic suspension works superb at your home track. I'm sure that the roll center adjustment was added because it is needed at certain tracks and the ed was developed for the same reason.

Judging from the pics of you local track the bite does not look to high putting a lower gear would probably just be wasted on tire spin.

All i'm saying is that as a paying customer i would consider the extra cost for those two items.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think it was "LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS" lol
Old 10-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jtveten
EASY FRANCIS! Quote from Sgt. Hulka, in the movie Stripes.

The other one I remember with my name was from Pewee herman's big adventure. lol
Old 10-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Team Magics bad decision

Dennis Richey, Has always done the best anyone could do with whatever he has had his hands on.
I met Dennis back in 2000 at a DRCC meeting and he had just moved here and was looking for a new hobby, as he had been racing boats and modifying boat motors at that time. But around here there was no competition and thats what Dennis is about (period)
It took a while til he got a feel for racing asphalt from water but he did get there faster than most I've raced with.
I remember pitting for Dennis at the 2003 Detroit MWS and he was coming in so hot that he took flesh off the palm of my hand in 2 places ,it was like catching a baseball with pins in it. I final asked him to back down a little sooner cause I was bleeding all over his car by the 3rd pit stop ) Ha,Ha
Dennis has done a lot for the R/C car seen with Phenix and his mod motors that get raced all over the U.S. & abroad.
Dennis is a winner not a quitter.
Motorman will be back on top sooner than you might think.
Thanks for all you have done for our hobby !

Regards to all Dennis's friends Mac / Gary M.
Dennis call when you have time.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Oneway slipping?

Hi all, had the G4S out today for my second weekend of racing. The car has maybe a total of 1 1/2 to 2hrs runtime on it. The car ran beautifully again, but here and there after slowing from a highspeed area of the track to tight area I would get back on throttle and the engine would rev as if there were no load at all. At first I thought maybe I had a rock or something stuck in the spur, but there would still be a load there. So I'm guessing my oneway bearing must be slipping. After it would rev freely, I would let off the throttle and reapply and off it would go as fast as ever. This happened a 6-8 times throughout the day. I'm new to onroad so not so easy for me to diagnose.

If its the oneway, is there a way to remedy it, or is it best just to replace?
Old 10-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by royfan33
Hi all, had the G4S out today for my second weekend of racing. The car has maybe a total of 1 1/2 to 2hrs runtime on it. The car ran beautifully again, but here and there after slowing from a highspeed area of the track to tight area I would get back on throttle and the engine would rev as if there were no load at all. At first I thought maybe I had a rock or something stuck in the spur, but there would still be a load there. So I'm guessing my oneway bearing must be slipping. After it would rev freely, I would let off the throttle and reapply and off it would go as fast as ever. This happened a 6-8 times throughout the day. I'm new to onroad so not so easy for me to diagnose.

are they cleaned ?
Old 10-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

it is comfirmed, Trinity is the exclusive importot of TM is US
Time to sell my car to Europe.250+ shipping

http://store.teamtrinity.com/Merchan...tegory_Code=TM
Old 10-15-2006, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

try a good clean with motor spray to get any gunk out and wipe it good with a clean rag till dry, you'll see how much dirt was in there on the rag, then put a drop of one way bearing lube on and see if it fixes the problem.
if it doesnt get you're self another one
Old 10-15-2006, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
it is comfirmed, Trinity is the exclusive importot of TM is US
Time to sell my car to Europe.250+ shipping

http://store.teamtrinity.com/Merchan...tegory_Code=TM
now that sucks i will not be geting this car if this is true.and for all you g4s drivers if you stop runing this car cuz of this i dont blame you.as far as i know Dennis did and can do a better job. but this is just me saying.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Today was the second meet out with my G4S and i too had it free rev during the lunchtime break. I backed off and tried again, but it was useless...

I have cleaned the bearing and runner with motorspray and will relube it and see if that is going to fix it. There was alot of oil on the runner and around the gears from the serpent one way bearing lube i have been using on it. I had this problem with my V1R, but that was after a lot of track action, so it is a bit disappointing for it to happen so early.

BB
Old 10-15-2006, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Today was the second meet out with my G4S and i too had it free rev during the lunchtime break. I backed off and tried again, but it was useless...

I have cleaned the bearing and runner with motorspray and will relube it and see if that is going to fix it. There was alot of oil on the runner and around the gears from the serpent one way bearing lube i have been using on it. I had this problem with my V1R, but that was after a lot of track action, so it is a bit disappointing for it to happen so early.

BB
i had the same happen with my g4 and i cleaned it out so it was dry and used the smallest amount of lube on it and seemed ok.
depends on how far gone it is, its easy to just have a spare one way in the kit for these emergencies
Old 10-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

sounds like your 2 speed one way is out just replace it cleaning & lubing wont help hope this helps
Old 10-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

It is unlikely to cure one way bearing after it was slipped few times. Usually it get worse and worser.

Couple of drops of liquid bearings should be use when it is new. Periodic cleaning and re-oiling is necessary to make it last. Mine lasts about 1 year in average.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Be sure to use a lube like Serpents One Way lube. Cleam out real good and then use this lube. Excellent product. I have had this frustrating problem, someone showed me this stuff and no problems since. Key as mentioned above, periodic maintenance is a must.

SamF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.