Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: at last... MRX-4

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Don't know if you guys see the pattern.

MTX-2, MTX-2 ProSpec
MTX-3, MTX-3 ProSpec
MRX-3, MRX-3 Works
MRX-4

Thus, those who wish to buy the ProSpec, hold on your bucks to your dearly life, as MTX-4 should come out not too long.

Just my big jumbo mumbo quarters!
This Pattern looks familar (Serpent) hahahaha

Impulse Steert, Impulse Pro
705, 710
Old 05-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: at last... MRX-4

Originally posted by Varuth
This Pattern looks familar (Serpent) hahahaha

Impulse Steert, Impulse Pro
705, 710
Similar but one difference, TIMING. Serpent comes out 710 like weeks after 705, and 950R came out like weeks after 950

See the difference now?
Old 05-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: at last... MRX-4

Originally posted by Ah10
Similar but one difference, TIMING. Serpent comes out 710 like weeks after 705, and 950R came out like weeks after 950

See the difference now?
Like weeks is not really true. Well, 52 weeks later is like weeks..........
Old 05-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: at last... MRX-4

Originally posted by Paolo M
Like weeks is not really true. Well, 52 weeks later is like weeks..........
Well you are right too! but as far as I can remember, it wasnt that many weeks after they came out with 710.

And one thing I do know is: it is hurting LHS alot because they told me right after they got all the spare parts for 705, 710 came out and it is very hard for LHS on this matter.

but on the same token, Mugen is doing a good job, since there are alot of interchangable parts among MTX3, MRX4, MTX2 and such like clutch, shocks parts, springs, if I am not mistaken, some pulleys, belts(you can use MRX3 front belt on MTX3), pivit balls, and the list go on and on........

Just my $0.02
Old 05-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: at last... MRX-4

That's why they don't make money, ah10.

They do it, for the love of the r/c.

To make money, they would need to redesign everything on the new car, start selling part individually, and best of all, jack up the price. They could also try to play the little demand/supply game, buy holding on to the supplies, and you can guess the rest. In addition, they should lower the quality on parts, so that it'll break easily. For instance, if the car hit from the front impact, it should make the rear arms broke as well as the frint ones.

blah... blah... blah...

boring fish

Originally posted by Ah10
Well you are right too! but as far as I can remember, it wasnt that many weeks after they came out with 710.

And one thing I do know is: it is hurting LHS alot because they told me right after they got all the spare parts for 705, 710 came out and it is very hard for LHS on this matter.

but on the same token, Mugen is doing a good job, since there are alot of interchangable parts among MTX3, MRX4, MTX2 and such like clutch, shocks parts, springs, if I am not mistaken, some pulleys, belts(you can use MRX3 front belt on MTX3), pivit balls, and the list go on and on........

Just my $0.02
Old 05-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: at last... MRX-4

That's why they don't make money, ah10.

They do it, for the love of the r/c.

To make money, they would need to redesign everything on the new car, start selling part individually, and best of all, jack up the price. They could also try to play the little demand/supply game, buy holding on to the supplies, and you can guess the rest. In addition, they should lower the quality on parts, so that it'll break easily. For instance, if the car hit from the front impact, it should make the rear arms broke as well as the frint ones.

blah... blah... blah...

boring fish
No wonder Serpent has been in the market for over 25 years.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: at last... MRX-4

That is a good assumsion!
Old 05-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: at last... MRX-4

yeah... and on top of that they have moved forward by having their parts made in China. Talk about saving cost, gaining more bucks...

Old 05-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: at last... MRX-4

yeah... and on top of that they have moved forward by having their parts made in China. Talk about saving cost, gaining more bucks...
If you look at the World Champ of 8th scale in 2003 .. more than 40% of the cars are Serpent. Mugen is Second...the rest are kyosho and picco.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

clutch question how do i get the most punch out of my engine it seems like even if i set it later and later it still doesnt have as much punch as the other mugen cars. im still using stock clutch and springs. With the springs though, if one of the main points of the centax is adjustability why do they have three different springs?
Old 05-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Flyweight weight, spring stiffness, # of shims in the centax all play a part in how hard or smooth a centax clutch works. As I'm still learning what each piece does , I'll share what I know about the spring part. The harder the spring the latter the engagement. Thus with later engagement, you are in a higher power range giving you a harder "launch"

I think the MTX4 won't be out until at least another year or so. So the Prospec is still a good buy for someone who doesn't have a Mugen yet, like myself.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default Clutch Springs and weights

Can someone explain Clutch springs and flyweights a bit for me? Wouldn't tightening the spring down have the same affect as a harder spring?
And as for the flyweights, do they make the acceleration harder because it takes more RPM to make the clutch engage since they're lighter? Thanks
Old 05-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

everything has a limit. See, why people don't tighter the shock springs and make the spring harder? Why do they change the spring rate.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gurney

Originally posted by Slotmachine
GAMB049 A gurney flap is a bend in the top of the wing all the way across it, it is usualy a 90deg. bend leaning forward to catch more air and apply more downforce. It was named after Dan Gurney an Indy car racer that came up with the idea, on real cars they have removeable ones made to diferent sizes.
Paul..............................
OK,,got it,,Thanks,Paul.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

flyweights? whats is that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.