Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by mckrooz
Hey! Dont you have a spaceship to climb onto?

showing up saturday ?
Old 06-18-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The prospec car has a one-way........doesn't it???
Old 06-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

A front one-way yep
Old 06-18-2004, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default wheel axle and thrust spring ?

hello...

-i find that the mtx3 wheel axle shaft sort of short cause the lock nut don't go deep enough, not like other kits like the kyoshos , when the wheel lock nut has been tighten the axle shaft can be seen coming out a bit ..do u guys find this a problem? or any modifications can be done?

-and one more thing i'm using a 5port nova...which thrust spring is
better the thick one or the thinner?

thank u...
Old 06-18-2004, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

It sound like you have a bone stock MTX3 rcabj... Go with front universeals, MRX3 front outdrives, the MRX3's front belt and change to aluminum hexes all the way around and you should have no more problems.. As for trust spring.. I take it you're talking about the centax clutch... Go with the hard spring if you're running a 5 port Nova... Then again, that one is totally up to you, because changing the clutch shoes as well, ie. black, grey and red can also make a difference... Most racers will use grey or red, while the stock shoes are black I believe... I'm running red which is super hear... Robbie Collins mention in his article that he uses grey clutch shoes and super hard spings.. Remember, you can always adjust it's engagement... Hope the info helps you out...

RC_Alan
Old 06-18-2004, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thoughts on prospect

I have been driving my G4 for a little while and it just keeps breaking. I'm going to hold off on using it untill they get the steering fix for it.

My question is, how durable is the Mugen MTX-3 prospect? Will i need to buy any hopups to make it a stronger car like i had to do with my G4? What are your thoughts on this car compared to the Kyosho V one rr evo?

Sorry if this has been posted before. I read the last 10 pages of this thread and really couldn't find what i was looking for.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Old 06-18-2004, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

The MTX-3 is already a very strong car. I have only broken front knuckles and bent one of my front universals (but that's because i don't drive all that well). It can take a beating. The Prospec is the exact same at the MTX-3 only it already has all of the hopups (or most of them anyway) that you would need for it. I just bought one myself and will be building it probably next week.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Thoughts on prospect

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
I have been driving my G4 for a little while and it just keeps breaking. I'm going to hold off on using it untill they get the steering fix for it.

My question is, how durable is the Mugen MTX-3 prospect? Will i need to buy any hopups to make it a stronger car like i had to do with my G4? What are your thoughts on this car compared to the Kyosho V one rr evo?

Sorry if this has been posted before. I read the last 10 pages of this thread and really couldn't find what i was looking for.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
I think you'll find the ProSpec quite durable. It depends on how you like your car to be in terms of fit and stiffness. I found that the original MTX3 needed a few hop-ups to get to my liking but judging by what is included in the ProSpec, it should be just right.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:22 AM
Tech Rookie

hello I am called ROger and I been a Spanish driver.

It wanted to know where I can buy "MUGEN MTX3 PROSPEC" online
and that send it to Spain.

Thank you very much and a great greeting.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It wanted to know where I can buy "MUGEN MTX3 PROSPEC" online
and that send it to Spain.
http://www.thehobbysuperstore.com/inside/index.php

go there they can ship to to you.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by Data
showing up saturday ?

Old 06-18-2004, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

how does the MTX-3 prospect stack up to the Kyosho V-one rr evo. The reason i ask is because some of the parts for the G4 i currently have can be used on the v - one rr.

Mike
Old 06-18-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

mugen abusers i've got a question.

i recently purchased mt second mtx3, a prospec and found that the belts collect a "rubbery" "chewing gum" type substance on the teeth and the pullies. this bulds up and it is really hard to take of. i only raced the car for 2 meets and the rear side pullly already is worn out slightly!

ANYONE ELSE FOUND THIS STICKY BLACK STUFF ON THEIR BELTS???!!!
it is really annoying as it binds up the drivetrain and is VERY hard to clean!
Old 06-18-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

That black sticky stuff is made of slow ants.
Hey, what happenned to the S710?
Old 06-18-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
how does the MTX-3 prospect stack up to the Kyosho V-one rr evo. The reason i ask is because some of the parts for the G4 i currently have can be used on the v - one rr.

Mike
I'd think you'd find the MTX-3 quite durable but the Evo is nearly indestructable.
I don't think there's any major interchangeable parts between the G4 and the MTX, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.