Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up throttle return spring

Originally posted by Nitropimp
racecar850- is that a throttle return spring on the left side of the handle??

thanks
Yes..nothing special, just a spring from the bottom of the toolbox, just a safety precaution.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Handle looks cool.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default throttle it and hold on!

hey,about a few pages back 50 or so manticore show a picture of a laydown throttle servo conversion from the charge company .is
it avalible ?i checked some of the online stores like mushroom
rc-modeler and could not find it . could i get alittle help!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

isuzuguy- Go back to around pg.14 and you'll see Lord Manticore's low CG mod. But a company Charge makes them. Also rcRevshop was going to make one too. But Manit did the mod himself. This is what he posted....

use futaba 9550 servo, install the servo with the "ear" underneath the upper deck. use grommet and thick spacers between the deck and servo to lower the servo. User spacers on the servo horner to raise the linkage points there.

install the receiver cover so that it is in between the deck and the receiver. I add o-rings there to further lower the receiver.

put extra o-rings between the fuel tank and upper deck.

all the above changes will make the CG even lower. i hope !

good luck.

Boy.... I miss Manti.......
Old 04-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Nitropimp
isuzuguy- Go back to around pg.14 and you'll see Lord Manticore's low CG mod. But a company Charge makes them. Also rcRevshop was going to make one too. But Manit did the mod himself. This is what he posted....

use futaba 9550 servo, install the servo with the "ear" underneath the upper deck. use grommet and thick spacers between the deck and servo to lower the servo. User spacers on the servo horner to raise the linkage points there.

install the receiver cover so that it is in between the deck and the receiver. I add o-rings there to further lower the receiver.

put extra o-rings between the fuel tank and upper deck.

all the above changes will make the CG even lower. i hope !

good luck.

Boy.... I miss Manti.......

Hi there...

I tried those Mods, but when I install my Throttle servo from underneath the deck, it touches the lower deck, this could damage the servo because of vibration... Anybody experienced problems like these?

Just in case... What happened to Manticore?

Patrick Bandeira de Mello
- Bandeira Racing Team -
Old 04-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Bandeira
Hi there...

I tried those Mods, but when I install my Throttle servo from underneath the deck, it touches the lower deck, this could damage the servo because of vibration... Anybody experienced problems like these?

Just in case... What happened to Manticore?

Patrick Bandeira de Mello
- Bandeira Racing Team -
thats because you need to read the post and use a futaba 9550 servo!!
Old 04-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

I ran the Kawahara Belts this weekend. The front Belt broke. Not even 30 Min. on them. Yep, broke in the Main. Just good thing it was a Club Race.

Just some FYI. I won't be using anything but Mugen stuff from now on. I learned my lesson. If its a bit slower. Who cares. I will finish.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

2Fast4you,

at the winternationals in Ft.Myers I put a brand spanking new front belt in my car (and I use the wide MRX3 belts) just for the main, to be on the safe side.

The belt that I took out had almost a full season on it's back and I thought it would be wise to change it for that main.

5 minutes into the main the new belt snapped.It lloked like somebody cut it with an Xacto knife, absolutely clean cut.

Life's a biotch, get used to it
Old 04-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

NOMADIO Has anyone ever tried it?

Got some free time off my wife, and came across this radio called NOMADIO on the net. What do you think? Current Radios in my possession are JR R-1 and Futaba 3PK. Anyway, this NOMADIO looks pretty intrigue and sickie, though.

Link is here.

Old 04-26-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hmm, that does look very interesting. Why don't you get it so I can try it out No need to run off the drivers stand to temp your motor, or clear your channel with other racers.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:35 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: NOMADIO Has anyone ever tried it?

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Got some free time off my wife, and came across this radio called NOMADIO on the net. What do you think? Current Radios in my possession are JR R-1 and Futaba 3PK. Anyway, this NOMADIO looks pretty intrigue and sickie, though.

Link is here.

yah,. that radio has been talked about in the EP thread. I think the features are cool, but the radio itself looks DAMN ugly
Old 04-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Manifold

Hi guys....

Having problems with Manifolds...

The original manifold always looked for me very thin... So I managed to use a larger one... But the problem is that with this larger diameter one, the gasket that goes between the manifold and the engine does not last even 20 minutes... Wanted to know which manifold you guys using and if any solutions to this were found...

Thanks a lot in advance...
Old 04-26-2004, 07:38 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Manifold

Hi guys....

The original manifold always looked for me very thin... So I managed to use a larger one... But the problem is that with this larger diameter one, the gasket that goes between the manifold and the engine does not last even 20 minutes... Wanted to know which manifold you guys using and if any solutions to this were found...

Have you tried a 15 gasket?
Old 04-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Manifold

I've only used this one. So far, never fails me. The NS gasket fits perfectly in it.

best,

Hi guys....

Old 04-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Hi,can anyone tell me where can i get Mugen apparel T-shirts,i checked in THE MUGEN SEIKI site,but did not see any....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.