Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Fisher890
Ok thx you are right it was very easy to remove it and adj. Had it shifting on the box today with some more fuel mixture tweeking. Gonna pick up some belts and rear tires then take it to the Track weds. (if its not raining....) This starter box thing is da chit I can't believe I was Yankin the crank for a year.... Now I gotta yank the Yanker off my RB wow that RC10GT gonna really fly now.How Big should the Wings be for it? !Had a Problem with the Motor mount screws backing off... Longer Screws or the 4mm mounts? Seems like a 3x12 would be a better screw then the stock 3x8 But I Like to Go big on HP anchors. Has anyone else Had Problems with stripped screws/Screwholes anywhere on the MTX3? Seems like a bad place to go cheap on such a nice kit.
I did not have any stripped screws but a few under the chassis came loose a bit. I changed to 3x10 ones and it held again, I think the problem is that I was over tightening them as I did rebuilt the car. Go easy on the car!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sparksy
My money is on FFG!!

Manti wont be able to consentrate or keep his eyes on the track!
We have a girl here and all of a suddent the thread is so alive!!! Hahaha ...
Old 11-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Fire
1750 is not too bad, a set of ti screws will get you most bang for the buck

mine weights below 1750 with fuel and body
What I think is this ... take it easy on the corners and you will make up for the extra weight. Too light a car and it will not perform well on high speed tracks. Let's face it the power to weight ratio is mad enough on our cars so what will a few tens of grams shaved off really do? Driving skills will surpass the weight issue. Darn ... better start to drive on the racing line consistently!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by tIANcI
We have a girl here and all of a suddent the thread is so alive!!! Hahaha ...
She is no girl... She is all Woman!!!
Old 11-18-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sparksy
She is no girl... She is all Woman!!!
WoooooooooMan~~
Old 11-18-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mtx 3 in ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=49214&rd=1
Old 11-18-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: setting droop evenly up front?

The new batch of Mugens seem to be of better quality, the car is sooooooo sweet!

Cool!

Maybe Mugen IS listening.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

AAA the AA are too big to fit in the stock spot under the tank.I just built my RX packs and that is the only size small enough in dia to stack.
Ok I just bought myself the AAA batteries from
http://www.sabahoceanic.com/index.html and got a good deal for 5 nimh 800mah sanyo batteries, a bat connector, spot welding and shrink wrapping = USD15. very good job on the spot welding and shrink wrap.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:50 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: setting droop evenly up front?

Guess what ... I sold my car (7 months old now) on Monday and picked up a NEW MTX3!!! Been working on it at night and its like almost ready now. The new batch of Mugens seem to be of better quality, the car is sooooooo sweet!
Better quality?
In what ways?

Thanks man
Old 11-18-2003, 11:58 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: setting droop evenly up front?

Originally posted by B
Better quality?
In what ways?

Thanks man
i agree that the kit quality has been good and consistent from the first batch.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by spawn
Ok I just bought myself the AAA batteries from
http://www.sabahoceanic.com/index.html and got a good deal for 5 nimh 800mah sanyo batteries, a bat connector, spot welding and shrink wrapping = USD15. very good job on the spot welding and shrink wrap.
hmmm ya Know someone there? I couldn't find that Deal on that site.I Went through www.batteryspace.com had to Pay Tax But free ups ground. Got 20 600w/tabs they shipped 700w/tabs and connectors for 4 rx packs for just under $30.I was able to Run 6 Tanks on 1 charge.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

hmmm ya Know someone there? I couldn't find that Deal on that site.I Went through www.batteryspace.com had to Pay Tax But free ups ground. Got 20 600w/tabs they shipped 700w/tabs and connectors for 4 rx packs for just under $30.I was able to Run 6 Tanks on 1 charge.
You can e-mail them on the specification and they will customise the battery for you. I got them to do the pack for me coz my soldering skills aint that great. I cant exactly remember the guy's name, I think its' Thomas. Just tell them that you are planning to use it for your RC car and they will know coz they make sell lots of them to rcers. Just remember to tell them the bat type and plugs required.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:13 AM
Tech Regular

Cool Deal I've already done mine and they seem to work fine. My soldering is a Hack job at best But when in doubt....More solder.What are you using to charge with I picked up the ofna Wall charger for $8 seems to work well enough.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Cool Deal I've already done mine and they seem to work fine. My soldering is a Hack job at best But when in doubt....More solder.What are you using to charge with I picked up the ofna Wall charger for $8 seems to work well enough.
I got myself some cheap wall charger too, cant remember the price but it charges the receiver pack and TX batts too. Too bad it only pumps 60maH...... but heck I dont need to charge the batts all the time, just top up.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

Did you checkout that link to battery space? Alot of good stuff there.Almost wish I had a a D/C Car to run.Have you run your car yet? If you have How do your belts hold up on the track?I'm gonna pick some up after breaking in on a lot Front is Done rear is marginal. Also I wore out the stock rears do you eat rear foams more then front? My fronts have alot of life left still. Gonna pick up 2 front belts and 1 rear.Gotta Drive 40 miles to get them if they wear on the track alot I'll double up so as not to make as many trips.Anyone with good input is welcome To Jump right in!

Oh and Manticore if yer Racin doesn't matter how much cleavage is showin lest she be Layin on the track..... Then take care not to ruin your setup on her set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.