Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

Harder spring is for good traction track and softer spring is for lose traction. Here is my question. Do i need to change both Front and Rear ? Or just either one? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default springs

softer springs increase traction on the end of the car you made softer, harder springs decrease traction but will make the car react to inputs a little faster. For example if you want a little more steering you can go a little softer with the front springs this will allow for more weight transfer to the front of the car and in turn give you more steering/traction up front. Most people run the hardest springs they can while still having sufficient traction. I would only change the springs on one end of the car at a time this way you will get a better feel for what the change in springs are doing to your car. good luck
sb
Old 11-18-2003, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default setting droop evenly up front?

Well i have pretty much finished up the car. But i am having a problem setting the car up. I can not seem to get the droop on the front of the car to set up evenly. I have taken the bumper off and disconnected the shocks and sway bar, then i set the droop
evenly on each side, at this point the droop IS even up front. Then when i connect the sway bar the droop is always more by about 2-3 mm on the side left side of the car (the side that has the ball end of the sway bar) What gives how do i set the droop evenly???? Thankyou for any input
sb
Old 11-18-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: setting droop evenly up front?

Originally posted by sbmon
Well i have pretty much finished up the car. But i am having a problem setting the car up. I can not seem to get the droop on the front of the car to set up evenly. I have taken the bumper off and disconnected the shocks and sway bar, then i set the droop
evenly on each side, at this point the droop IS even up front. Then when i connect the sway bar the droop is always more by about 2-3 mm on the side left side of the car (the side that has the ball end of the sway bar) What gives how do i set the droop evenly???? Thankyou for any input
sb
you have to adjust the roll/ sway bar with the cam on the screw!
Old 11-18-2003, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by spawn
what do I need to change to reduce the weight of my MTX3, it is 1750 without body and fuel? titanium middle and rear shaft?
take your AA cels out and fit AAA
Old 11-18-2003, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

yes i know the cam you are talking about but how will it change the set up???
Old 11-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

yes i know the cam you are talking about but how will it change the set up???
when you have no roll bar on its ok, when you fit it its out, you use the cam to align the bar ends so the droop stays the same!
Old 11-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by freefallgirl
Hey Manti, Wanna Race??
My money is on FFG!!

Manti wont be able to consentrate or keep his eyes on the track!
Old 11-18-2003, 04:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Manti wouldnt be able to concintrate or keep his eyes on the track..
Thats me secret wepon sparksy... It always works...
Old 11-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Has anybody tried to fit Lithium Polymer cells in the MTX3?

I saw a set at my LHS today and they weigh next to nothing.

860 mAh, 29 bucks
Old 11-18-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default lipoly cell

I have seen those cells too, it would be great if you could but 2 things could be a problem . One you would have to reduce voltage, i think the poly cells only come in 3.6v and 7.2 v currently. And if you had a crash bad enough to damage the cells it would pretty much total your car, from what i have heard these cells are kinda fragile and when these cells get damaged things can get really ugly quickly . Also when you use these cells you have to be very careful not to discharge them down alll the way or in can ruin the battery. But eventually i am sure someone will do it and figure out a way to use these batteries easily and safely.
ps I now understand how the cam adjusts the swaybar thankyou for the info cartman
Old 11-18-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by spawn
what do I need to change to reduce the weight of my MTX3, it is 1750 without body and fuel? titanium middle and rear shaft?
1750 is not too bad, a set of ti screws will get you most bang for the buck

mine weights below 1750 with fuel and body
Old 11-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: lipoly cell

I have seen those cells too, it would be great if you could but 2 things could be a problem . One you would have to reduce voltage, i think the poly cells only come in 3.6v and 7.2 v currently. And if you had a crash bad enough to damage the cells it would pretty much total your car, from what i have heard these cells are kinda fragile and when these cells get damaged things can get really ugly quickly . Also when you use these cells you have to be very careful not to discharge them down alll the way or in can ruin the battery. But eventually i am sure someone will do it and figure out a way to use these batteries easily and safely.
ps I now understand how the cam adjusts the swaybar thankyou for the info cartman
that's what I heard too. Li cells are fragile and is not shock proof. I find AAA is light enough and gives enough run time.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by sparksy
My money is on FFG!!

Manti wont be able to consentrate or keep his eyes on the track!
OMG !! SNAKE SNAKE !
Old 11-18-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: setting droop evenly up front?

sb
Guess what ... I sold my car (7 months old now) on Monday and picked up a NEW MTX3!!! Been working on it at night and its like almost ready now. The new batch of Mugens seem to be of better quality, the car is sooooooo sweet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.