Check it out in the Special Section!
Very Limited Quantities!

More exciting products soon!

Thanks

JustRC
Old 03-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by click, dublin

A small bead of silicon sealer is absolutely necessary, its just not a very good design!!

All the best
any specific type of silicone sealer to be used? transparent ones as used in the window frames?
Old 03-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by darthkir
I stopped the diff leak by using CA. I glued the diff case together.
how would you change the diff oil ? or you buy another set of the diff?
Old 03-11-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Advanti
how would you change the diff oil ? or you buy another set of the diff?
It can be pulled apart with a plier.. I only glued around the portion where the two diff cases met. It only leaked through there, as for the screw, I changed them to a longer and wider head. Dont use the stock screw. If you screwed in too much they will damage the hole.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

its pretty quiet here today...
Old 03-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by darthkir
It can be pulled apart with a plier.. I only glued around the portion where the two diff cases met. It only leaked through there, as for the screw, I changed them to a longer and wider head. Dont use the stock screw. If you screwed in too much they will damage the hole.

you not real are you?

As for the type of silicone get RTV its oil resistant
Old 03-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Cartman
you not real are you?

As for the type of silicone get RTV its oil resistant

???

It's true, and it's working. Try it.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Front end loose

i read about adding spacers near the front axle/ oneway sometimes back where the front end being a little loose.
Could anyone refresh that for me?
Old 03-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Universals

You guys that are breaking universals if you don't hit S--T they wont break end of story!!!!!
Old 03-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

timmugen your right if i never touch a wall again the universals will never break

thank you so much you have solved all my problems you must be some sort of RC god its a miracle

i never thought about that if i didnt wreck they wouldnt ever break duh stupid me

but wait hold on im not perfect yet and i hit boards sometimes what can i do?

maybe i should stop racing because everytime i wreck a universal could break

or maybe i posted it to see if anyone had the same problem and what they were doing to fix it to get ideas on how to fix mine because i do make mistakes

i used to have a mtx2 it was really nice sometimes i would wreck it too but oddly in 2 years it never broke a universal maybe that could be why i thought something was wrong

nevermind i guess i have to go practice in some really big wide open space so as to get better and not wreck anymore

unless someone else knows a way i could possibly fix the problem
Old 03-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Maybe you should go get a Serpent car a you won't have anymore problems
Old 03-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

you really think so

i mean so far youve been 100% right

where can i find one for free you can work a miracle for me again right
Old 03-13-2003, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Hey Jason,

Dont take this one the wrong way but heres a good practising tip to stop you hitting the boards so much and it will improve your driving really fast too.

Richen out the engine a full turn so the car isnt going flat out. Now drive around the track for a couple of tanks like this. After a few laps you will soon find your able to stay in the middle of the track or near the racing line. Now lean out the engine a 1/4 turn and repeat.

By the time you get the engine back in the turn you should be able to run that same line a lot more consistent and you shouldnt be hitting the boards as much.

Hope it helps
Old 03-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jason102276
timmugen your right if i never touch a wall again the universals will never break

thank you so much you have solved all my problems you must be some sort of RC god its a miracle

i never thought about that if i didnt wreck they wouldnt ever break duh stupid me

but wait hold on im not perfect yet and i hit boards sometimes what can i do?

maybe i should stop racing because everytime i wreck a universal could break

or maybe i posted it to see if anyone had the same problem and what they were doing to fix it to get ideas on how to fix mine because i do make mistakes

i used to have a mtx2 it was really nice sometimes i would wreck it too but oddly in 2 years it never broke a universal maybe that could be why i thought something was wrong

nevermind i guess i have to go practice in some really big wide open space so as to get better and not wreck anymore

unless someone else knows a way i could possibly fix the problem
Here's my take on why I think you are breaking universals, the parts on this car are allot stronger than the parts on the MTX-2 meaning uprights arms and so on, unfortrunaly something has to give.

Try turning down your dual rate, this will decrees the chances of breaking dog bones. Less through sometimes helps.

Jason I've broken two of the universals, and yes we all do still crash.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by modellor
Hey Jason,

Dont take this one the wrong way but heres a good practising tip to stop you hitting the boards so much and it will improve your driving really fast too.

Richen out the engine a full turn so the car isnt going flat out. Now drive around the track for a couple of tanks like this. After a few laps you will soon find your able to stay in the middle of the track or near the racing line. Now lean out the engine a 1/4 turn and repeat.

By the time you get the engine back in the turn you should be able to run that same line a lot more consistent and you shouldnt be hitting the boards as much.

Hope it helps
This is very good advise, driving the car at a slow paste until you are comfortable with the track is a good ideal, when I practice on unfamiliar surface or track I drive at half throttle. We all breack parts because of different reasons these are toys they are not perfect, we are human and we're not perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.