Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 01:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Heatsink..good?

Originally posted by Jack
Rclover
it does reduce heat abit better than the normal heatsink
but not to that extent of 20 deg.
maybe plus minus 10%of actual temp
you mean after comparing with the Rody Tuned 11 layer heatsink?
Old 05-19-2003, 02:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default sway bar questions

hi, despite the cost, what would you prefer on the rear sway bar between kawahara and 3racing ? are they both adjustable...
Old 05-19-2003, 02:13 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Heatsink..good?

Originally posted by RClover
is this the heatsink that can reduce heat as much as 20 deg..?
who said that?

i would say average is 5'c or may get down to 10'c max
Old 05-19-2003, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: sway bar questions

Originally posted by speedy100
hi, despite the cost, what would you prefer on the rear sway bar between kawahara and 3racing ? are they both adjustable...
Definitely Kawahara: 3Racing is too long and develops a lateral play that is quite annoying.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:16 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: sway bar questions

Originally posted by speedy100
costwise, they are both similar consider that you need to buy the cross member for 3racing sway bar/

performancewise, definitely kawahara. it is all about R&D. obviously Kwahara does R&D much better.

3racing sway bar problem is that it has too much slop and very little effect on adjustment. their rear sway bar is just too soft even with their hardest setting.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:17 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: sway bar questions

Originally posted by Corse-R
Definitely Kawahara: 3Racing is too long and develops a lateral play that is quite annoying.
we do think and witness the same way !!
Old 05-19-2003, 02:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: sway bar questions

Originally posted by Manticore
costwise, they are both similar consider that you need to buy the cross member for 3racing sway bar/

performancewise, definitely kawahara. it is all about R&D. obviously Kwahara does R&D much better.

3racing sway bar problem is that it has too much slop and very little effect on adjustment. their rear sway bar is just too soft even with their hardest setting.
thanks to corse-r and manticore. I believe i should go with kawahara instead. what else is worthwhile to go with 3racing ?
Old 05-19-2003, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hi Traction Tracks

Had a chance to race my MTX-3 this weekend at the the Midwest Series Race. Man is this thing fun.......but not until Dennis Ritchey turned me on to the right body. Thanks to his help all weekend I had a really fun outing. I had bought a prepainted HPI Afla Romeo body. The traction at the track is HUGE. Many cars were traction rolling all weekend. We race on foams and I was watching a fellow racer who was doing well all weekend, and just couldn't figure why my car wanted to roll over so much more than his. I was practicing and Dennis could see my frustration. He put his Older style Stratus body on my car, and the problem was solved. Body's make a huge difference!!! Car was a pleasure to drive.....and I'm staying away from the Alfa body......wwaaaaaayy to much front traction....car was to unbalanced. The Stratus just balanced the car so much better.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Hi Traction Tracks

Originally posted by Rayj
Had a chance to race my MTX-3 this weekend at the the Midwest Series Race. Man is this thing fun.......but not until Dennis Ritchey turned me on to the right body. Thanks to his help all weekend I had a really fun outing. I had bought a prepainted HPI Afla Romeo body.
Seems that Dennis still is eager to help people. Bummer that he don't falls by here and say some words (still pissed?).

If you plan to race, simply don't waste your money on strange bodies and stick to the ones that work: Stratus, Stratus 2.1 and Opel Vectra.... Alfa has too much steering for the actual cars.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rayj, how did you like the bumps? Just wait untill the Great Lakes Challange, the traction really get high.

Has anyone had problems with breaking the CVA's in the front and/or ejecting front dog bones? I put ~1/8" tubing in the drive cup, but it still ejected. All I have to say is that this car is still a blast with 3WD.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mcsquish
Has anyone had problems with breaking the CVA's in the front and/or ejecting front dog bones? I put ~1/8" tubing in the drive cup, but it still ejected. All I have to say is that this car is still a blast with 3WD.
I broke a dogbone some time ago, finished Final-A of a local race in 3WD from minute 27. Most shocking was when picked my car from the track, the dogbone and the outdrive was missing... Mi pitman said that broke on minute 27 and seeing the lap by lap I wasn't too much slower.

BTW: won those final by one full lap.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: MTX-3 & Wet weather

Originally posted by click, dublin
Hi Guys,

Had a bad day today at the first round of the MMAI national championship.

It rained VERY heavy throughout the day, the rain was hopping off the ground about 2 feet!

We ran our cars in between the showers.

First I lost a throttle servo, then I had a problem with radio glitches, water in the receiver!

Then my two speed started to act up going down the straight it sounded like it was attempting to go into 2nd then drop out then back in, out, in etc.

I did manage to keep ahead of a 2003 SMP Slide for about 4 laps . . . he was on foams & I was using wet weather rubber!!

Any ideas on the two speed?

All the best
this is a bad 2speed clutch nut that i am talking about. look at it carefully for the deadspot.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-dsc00030.jpg  
Old 05-19-2003, 07:19 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the Mugen CVD is a very good investment for your MTX3. I think the main reason for your wheel flied off is the plastic hex adaptor. you should get a set as well.
I didn't lose a wheel, I lost a dogbone, both during the race on Sat, and while cleaning my car with the compressor sunday. Loosing the dogbone wasnt from the plastic hex.

Originally posted by Corse-R
I broke a dogbone some time ago, finished Final-A of a local race in 3WD from minute 27. Most shocking was when picked my car from the track, the dogbone and the outdrive was missing... Mi pitman said that broke on minute 27 and seeing the lap by lap I wasn't too much slower.

BTW: won those final by one full lap.
The MTX-3 is amazingly easy to drive with 3WD ( hehe ). I developed a push, but still ended up with a 17 lap run. I was on an 18lap run untill I lost the dogbone. The car just developed a push.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: MTX-3 & Wet weather

this is a bad 2speed clutch nut that i am talking about. look at it carefully for the deadspot.
yeah..i can see some slopes on the flat area. is this sort of manufacturer defect or simply caused by too much power generated from your little power plant...
Old 05-19-2003, 07:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Rear diff casing..problem

just how tight the 4 diff screws they needed to be tightened? when i fully tightened, the planetary gears seem locked up and hard to turn even with hands with 10K diff oil. If back out 1 turn on each screw, the diff acts normal but when fitted on the rear block, these screws rub against the rear tower.
something is wrong...

Could it be the wrong screws that i am using? the diff is now with 3 x 12mm screws.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.