Old 02-06-2003, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default check this out

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=13035
what you think i did the mini z!!
Old 02-06-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Finally! A thicker chassis from Mugen is what I've been waiting for. There are others but none of them have the chassis reccessed for the front and rear bulkheads. If you guys notice, without the side brace, the backend is as floppy as a diving board.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:03 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Default Re: Conspiracy? No, it's politics...

Originally posted by InitialD
I read it at mugenseiki.com.

Anyway, Jun, I think you may be right. Whatever results or whichever the way the crown goes to at the Winternats (assuming both compete in the same category), the results would be bad for either Mugen or Serpent. So probably, either sides do not want to take chances... There's so much at stake business wise.

So I think both probably agreed to leave till the WC which would be somewhere at the end of the year. Business would be less affected by then as the new business directions / objectives looms in the following year.
In my opinion mugen wouldn't be that affected whichever way the result went.When you take 1st,2nd and 3rd and a world champs your car gets set in gold for a long time.Serpent on the other hand have a lot to lose and a lot to gain after the vector NT and veteq flop.I can just imagine Pieter talking to Michael now; 'listen Salven you stuffed me up with your engineering adventure with the veteq so you either get some titles under your belt with the 950 or your ass is mine you understand you shiza?"
Old 02-06-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

oh my god, that was the funniest thing ive read on this post......especially cause it rings oh so true!!!!

SAlVEN your ass is GRASS
Old 02-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Conspiracy? No, it's politics...

Originally posted by JUN
In my opinion mugen wouldn't be that affected whichever way the result went.When you take 1st,2nd and 3rd and a world champs your car gets set in gold for a long time.Serpent on the other hand have a lot to lose and a lot to gain after the vector NT and veteq flop.I can just imagine Pieter talking to Michael now; 'listen Salven you stuffed me up with your engineering adventure with the veteq so you either get some titles under your belt with the 950 or your ass is mine you understand you shiza?"
Yes, admitedly, Salven will be under a lot of pressure to make the 950 work since all technical support and know how on the car will be coming from him. So it will be natural for him to concentrate on the 1/8th scale instead. The 200 mm 705 is pretty much the same setup as the Impulse PRO. Serpent should not not have any technical problems there.

I'm not saying that the MRX-3 is inferior to the 950 as I think the Mugen is fantastic car. Just a little perplexed at the decission that Kenji or whoever behind it took. The 1/8th scale is the F1 in RC racing. Leaving behind for something less leaves a lot of unanswered questions.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:28 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Nytrochaos
oh my god, that was the funniest thing ive read on this post......especially cause it rings oh so true!!!!

SAlVEN your ass is GRASS
Ofcourse it's true i have my own human sources inside the snake pit.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:35 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Conspiracy? No, it's politics...

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, admitedly, Salven will be under a lot of pressure to make the 950 work since all technical support and know how on the car will be coming from him. So it will be natural for him to concentrate on the 1/8th scale instead. The 200 mm 705 is pretty much the same setup as the Impulse PRO. Serpent should not not have any technical problems there.

I'm not saying that the MRX-3 is inferior to the 950 as I think the Mugen is fantastic car. Just a little perplexed at the decission that Kenji or whoever behind it took. The 1/8th scale is the F1 in RC racing. Leaving behind for something less leaves a lot of unanswered questions.
As i said they probably aren't all that worried about proving themselves with the mrx3 but they still have the other mugen drivers there who finished behind Kenji at the world champs last year.

Last edited by JUN; 07-07-2003 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:35 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

1/8th scale may be the "F1" of RC racing, but more 1/10th 200m sedans are sold. Sales, or the prospect of it, is what drives most of the decisions a company (or sponsor) makes in racing.

It's obvious; Mugen needs to get a good result, somewhere, with the MTX-3 to help keep it's sales strong vs. the NTC3 and 705 (both of which have TQ'd and/or won several major races in the US). Having Osaka concentrate on doing just that at a highly contested international event is the perfect opportunity.

Also, don't count out Ralph Burch Jr. He's always faster than Salven at Fort Meyers (his home track for the last several years). He's going to be tough to beat in 200mm too...
Old 02-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Default RUBBER SET-UP???

Does anybody have a good rubber set-up including F/R diff oils?

Cartman?

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

sorry not yet still not got good weather here in the UK
Old 02-07-2003, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

The new chasis will be avalible at the end of this month, everything is milled out meaning lower CG's.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ROBBIE C
The new chasis will be avalible at the end of this month, everything is milled out meaning lower CG's.

ok how much and why is it better than stock?
Old 02-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

It will be lighter helping with acceleration around our nice tight tracks in the UK but if it lowers the CG because its milled out I am going now to get my dremel out. lol

Making the chassis lighter and reducing its total amout of metal will actually raise the CG in effect. Because you are making the heavier part at the bottom lighter.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by modellor
It will be lighter helping with acceleration around our nice tight tracks in the UK but if it lowers the CG because its milled out I am going now to get my dremel out. lol

Making the chassis lighter and reducing its total amout of metal will actually raise the CG in effect. Because you are making the heavier part at the bottom lighter.
It does make sense! no wonder those ppl running 5th scale they dont like to use carbon fiber chassis, I remember they said something like make the cg higher if you use lighter chassis!
Old 02-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Yeah. I run a Carbon chassis on my Yok. It really descreases the weight so shifting the CG upwards a couple of mm's is a small price to pay for extra acceleration on smaller tracks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.