Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Hey AH10

Originally posted by Fasrc
ALL those fancy hopups are not going to help you at the track....better watch out man......................your going down!

by the way...thanks for the header!
Mr. Bear ? Please don't pass me anymore, that wasn't nice.....
Old 02-04-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by modellor
The 3-speed gearbox wasn't all they said it would be. They forgot to mention you needed a runway to make effective use of it. lol.

Either that or there is a 500ft straight away with a sweeper follow it otherwise, it is so hard to manage 3 speed tranny to work right!

Correct me if I am wrong, I remember I have seen some kind of advertising on some magazine clocked these 3 speed bmt doing 120mph! is that true or I am hallucinating?
Old 02-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Hey AH10

Originally posted by Data
Mr. Bear ? Please don't pass me anymore, that wasn't nice.....
Ok from now on I will call him Mr. Bear
Old 02-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Ah10
Correct me if I am wrong, I remember I have seen some kind of advertising on some magazine clocked these 3 speed bmt doing 120mph! is that true or I am hallucinating?

Someone's been puffin the magic dragon

actually, im not an old guy like you farts, so i dont know anyting about this car
Old 02-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Ah10
Either that or there is a 500ft straight away with a sweeper follow it otherwise, it is so hard to manage 3 speed tranny to work right!

Probably possible. We were clocking 93mph on a 70m staightaway and we weren't using the tallest gearing.

And it was our local plods that took the readings with Police Radar Guns so the readings were accurate.

Here is the car that was meant to replace the BMT. It was designed by SVM who bought the BMT assets. Never did anything though.
http://www.wh-racing.de/images/svm4.jpg
Old 02-04-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

i retract my previous statement
Old 02-04-2003, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by modellor
Probably possible. We were clocking 93mph on a 70m staightaway and we weren't using the tallest gearing.

And it was our local plods that took the readings with Police Radar Guns so the readings were accurate.

Here is the car that was meant to replace the BMT. It was designed by SVM who bought the BMT assets. Never did anything though.
http://www.wh-racing.de/images/svm4.jpg
Very interesting! so I guess i am not hallucinating!
Old 02-04-2003, 07:21 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Default pinions

Question for ah10,a few pages back you said you were using Harden Pinions,who makes those and do you have a website for them?

PS:I was drooling over those mtx3 pictures of yours thanks for sharing.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: pinions

Originally posted by JUN
Question for ah10,a few pages back you said you were using Harden Pinions,who makes those and do you have a website for them?

the company has stopped making those hardened pinions !!
Old 02-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: pinions

Originally posted by JUN

Thank you very much for your compliements! the pinions that I have made by Racing Jack, a buddy of mine got it for me from Hong Kong! but I think www.powerlineracing.com has them

Last edited by Ah10; 02-04-2003 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: pinions

Originally posted by Manticore
oh really! then I better hang on to all the harden one for myself! he he
Old 02-04-2003, 08:47 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: pinions

Originally posted by Manticore
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It seems manticore has the low down on everything,i guess i better star buying them up if i can find them also for my future mtx3.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: pinions

Originally posted by JUN
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
It seems manticore has the low down on everything,i guess i better star buying them up if i can find them also for my future mtx3.
JUN (żDavid? )
There are many things you may want to change on your car (some eye-candy , some performance wise), but don't worry for the stock pinions, are pretty hard. In fact on my MRX3 have the pinions on pristine state after a full season of racing (well, those fancy greenish coating may has fade a little, but pinion shape is perfect).

Ah10: Tell us what parts for you are only eye candy and what are wise to buy. Ordered some that seemed that may help (center bulkhead, motor brace, hollow shaft, lightweight gear housings and lw pulley adapters), but not more for the moment. Love to hear about the 4mm shock towers and the chassis.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: pinions

Originally posted by Corse-R
JUN (żDavid? )
There are many things you may want to change on your car (some eye-candy , some performance wise), but don't worry for the stock pinions, are pretty hard. In fact on my MRX3 have the pinions on pristine state after a full season of racing (well, those fancy greenish coating may has fade a little, but pinion shape is perfect).

Ah10: Tell us what parts for you are only eye candy and what are wise to buy. Ordered some that seemed that may help (center bulkhead, motor brace, hollow shaft, lightweight gear housings and lw pulley adapters), but not more for the moment. Love to hear about the 4mm shock towers and the chassis.
Now here is just my personal opinion! so dont hold me on this especially you know who!

Honestly the only item that I think is eye candy is the aluminum rear body post brace! the rest are really really good.

The way I look at it is there are 2 areas that I am working on the car, first stiffness of the whole chassis, second try to keep the weight down. Now center bulkhead, motor brace, mid block, 4mm front and rear shock towers are for stiffen up the whole chassis.

All the light weight stuff are to compensate the weight I add on to stiffen up the chassis, so it is really hard to say which item is better then the other since one compensate to the others! So I got them all!

oh almost forgot, front and rear sway bar(the blade type), these 2 I like the most! tunability and they dont flex!

Hope that would help!
Old 02-04-2003, 10:04 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

Corse-R what is (żDavid? )

Last edited by JUN; 07-07-2003 at 07:04 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.