Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

Harry Potter........I like mugen, ist it ok for me to root for my team of choice? or driver of choice? WE ARE ON A MUGEN BOARD!!!! i was expressing my feelings. if you like barry congrats i sure as hell am not gonna stop you. its the same deal in fullsize racing. not everyone likes Schumi.....(i do) others would take a bullet for mantoya, but you dont see the schumi fans givin the other fans a hard time
Old 02-17-2003, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you are right...but according to the reports,baker went 2 laps down with linkage problems,then made up one lap in six minutes,and went on to make up the other lap....

so I guess whqat he was saying(or implying) was that he was really fast..

Listen,even though I run a tc3,and all this bench racin' is fun,All the top cars are great...I mean,how fast was teh mugen and the tc3 that they were so close...how great is that?...
Old 02-17-2003, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Didn't Kenji have a slightly crippled car from the beginning of the race due to a collision with another car(s) during the start of the race?

Just something I heard.

Last edited by FREAKAH; 02-17-2003 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Kenji was on his hood in the main and still almost caught Mr Fabulous.

Salven beat the second string.....big deal.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Vacation

Originally posted by raffaelli
Kenji was on his hood in the main and still almost caught Mr Fabulous.

Salven beat the second string.....big deal.
Barry was absolutely the man to beat and visited the Winternats during his vacation (he was there alone without any official support) . He didn't TQ due to problems with his engine but was in my opinion the fastest guy on the track. Absolutely respectfull how he drove......no doubt about it.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:30 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Manbik
I like Mike Meyers, if it wasn't for his reporting we would still be waiting for the results of the race but.... Barry owned 200mm!? PLEASE! According to the results, Kenji was what? 3 seconds behind after a 45minute main. I don't know about you, but that's now owning anyone.

Even Salven in 8th scale. He finished two laps ahead of second place after running 200+ laps. That's not owning or domination a race either.
I like Mike Meyers too though I must say I enjoyed him in Austin Powers one rather than the other two.
As for Barry winning the final I say good on him as long as a Serpent didnt win I was happy
Old 02-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

by where I live,teh hobby shop gives full support to serpent...just to be different,I always try to run something else..(btw,I do own an Impulse,and a Veteq)...

but still,I ran my HPI's and tried my best waiting for a great car to come along(BTW,I would have bought teh MTX2..but theres NO mugen dealers around here)....

Iwhen I got that Tc3 box in my hand,I had to try it....I like it so much,I bought 2.....now I'm a real thorn in the side of the LHS owner.....people have been buying teh tc3's after they see my car run..and selling their Impulse's...not much he can do either..hes my freind,and I work next door..and I spend a ton of money at his shop....

so I say......as long as the Serpent got beat,and he knowsit...I'm a happy camper
Old 02-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fastharry
by where I live,teh hobby shop gives full support to serpent...just to be different,I always try to run something else..(btw,I do own an Impulse,and a Veteq)...

but still,I ran my HPI's and tried my best waiting for a great car to come along(BTW,I would have bought teh MTX2..but theres NO mugen dealers around here)....

Iwhen I got that Tc3 box in my hand,I had to try it....I like it so much,I bought 2.....now I'm a real thorn in the side of the LHS owner.....people have been buying teh tc3's after they see my car run..and selling their Impulse's...not much he can do either..hes my freind,and I work next door..and I spend a ton of money at his shop....

so I say......as long as the Serpent got beat,and he knowsit...I'm a happy camper
I think you are too happy and forget that this is MUGEN MTX3 THREAD !!
Old 02-17-2003, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

the guy wanted a report,I gave it to him..it went on from there...

sorry If i intruded...
Old 02-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

ok, enough of the crap. Barry won.

Back to the topic.....
Old 02-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default MTX-3 Hop-Ups Pro's Opinions

alright i need to know from everyone,what are the best hop-ups for the mtx-3.to make my car faster,lighter and stiffer.please help and that corse-r.i just need to hear from manticore and the others.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: MTX-3 Hop-Ups Pro's Opinions

Originally posted by shortyboy
alright i need to know from everyone,what are the best hop-ups for the mtx-3.to make my car faster,lighter and stiffer.please help and that corse-r.i just need to hear from manticore and the others.
Hey my friend, you have already got all your answers!

"make my car faster,lighter and stiffer
Old 02-18-2003, 01:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: MTX-3 Hop-Ups Pro's Opinions

Originally posted by shortyboy
i believe first u need a good performance motor, such as the mod. type...Rody Tuned X12 5 port is a good choice but expensive.
Second, you need to replace all the parts which is heavier than the alunimium ones, and lastly get some chassis stiffeners & radio plate supports to beef up the rear end. Perhaps u might want to replace those screw with Titanium ones....if u think u want even lesser weight...... ...opps....if there is Ti king pin available...u may consider it too....that save lots weight...
Old 02-18-2003, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Some RDLogics goodies....

Last edited by sparksy; 02-18-2003 at 01:21 AM.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sparksy
Some RDLogics goodies....

Uhm... never liked aluminium pulleys, with the use, they start self sharpening the tooths and reaches a time on that the belts survive little time rolling over those knifes.

See the Square chassis... love it... I'm between it and the 4mm mugen chasis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.