Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Byron On-Road World Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pressure
Marcus your right I guess I was saying the same thing but as long as you Texas guys are going I will be there also.Had a good time with you guys in Homestead and good company and knowledgeable racers make a great event. I got a Maxy Cinco to try out recently and it looks good in my car ( its red) I got some time to put it thru its paces and figure out the gearing so I should be prepared. Word on the street is a 7 port is in the mix from Maxy so Ill be looking for that also. That Team C car will be ready and I hope alot of guys make the trip from Texas and the East Coast. This might be a Dont Miss GT event. I hope ROAR is watching.
Did someone say race, I'm in .
Old 03-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Only offroad engines for GT again?? I hope you change this rule for next year, I would like to run GT there one day.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default diesel the way

My cuz has a dzl jets lives two hr away an get great has mileage. Think you'll make it by the morning of June 21st? It's already starting to build up to a great race weekend!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djmorales
My cuz has a dzl jets lives two hr away an get great has mileage. Think you'll make it by the morning of June 21st? It's already starting to build up to a great race weekend!
I will probably leave early on June 20th and get there in the mid-afternoon timeframe (like I did in 2011). Can't wait to hang out with you guys again. Had fun and did pretty well last year and hope for a repeat performance.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Breaking in my Maxy off-road for GT. Ticket purchased. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making new ones. Can I sign up online?
Old 03-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
I will probably drive it again. With the VW TDI, is only cost me $169.00 round trip for diesel (averaged almost 50mpg the entire trip). Between Sirius XM and CDs/downloaded music on flash card, I have more than enough music/entertainment to make the trip again.
JLock - My TDI Sport Wagen has been the main reason for the trip to Seattle, Porter, Joliet and New York last year. $95 from Fort Collins to Porter is pretty good and even to NY was good.

Now if I could get my GT8 car to be as dependable, fuel efficient and as quick as the Jetta, I'd make every A-main .......

See you at the end of April ......
Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
JLock - My TDI Sport Wagen has been the main reason for the trip to Seattle, Porter, Joliet and New York last year. $95 from Fort Collins to Porter is pretty good and even to NY was good.

Now if I could get my GT8 car to be as dependable, fuel efficient and as quick as the Jetta, I'd make every A-main .......

See you at the end of April ......
Mine is a 2-door Golf TDI. Since getting mine, most of my long road trips have been less $200 except Las Vegas (that one was $230 because I did a side trip to the Grand Canyon on that excursion). Dallas to Houston and back can be a half tank if I cruise at 70-75 mph (which beats my 1.25 tanks in the Chevy Trailblazer).

As far as my GT, my Werks B5 can get up to 10 minutes when things are optimal, 6.5 to 8 when I push it (depending on track). Usually enough to get me into the A-main (at the tail end most times) or a bump up (driving smart in the B-main).................
Old 03-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

As far as my GT, my Werks B5 can get up to 10 minutes when things are optimal, 6.5 to 8 when I push it (depending on track). Usually enough to get me into the A-main (at the tail end most times) or a bump up (driving smart in the B-main).................
Must be how I drive, 6-7 and I'm done and it does not mater what is in the car ........
Old 03-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Must be how I drive, 6-7 and I'm done and it does not mater what is in the car ........
You should try electric....and we will let you swap batteries....LOL
Old 03-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
You should try electric....and we will let you swap batteries....LOL
No need to try, I have one of these as well ...... LOL

There is a small group that runs the electric cars in Lincoln ...... my car came in the Sydor Deal .... Kind of like the player to be named later.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

There is a small group that runs the electric cars in Lincoln ...... my car came in the Sydor Deal .... Kind of like the player to be named later.
I know all about those "Sydor Deals"!!! lol
Car was in my hands...on my table....POOF......it's gone.

Last edited by burgboyz; 03-25-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Clarified it was the car that was in my hands!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burgboyz
I know all about those "Sydor Deals"!!! lol
In my hands...on my table....POOF......it's gone.
Seems like anything touched by the SYDOR turns into GOLD....
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Counting down the days until this race!!! The Texas count may be getting smaller due to the off-road engine rule. I personally have only driven off-road engines and never run an on-road engine. I really don't see an advantage based on the competition I have run against that run on-road engines. From my perspective I feel an off-road tends to have better low end for the infield and the on-road has better top end for the straights. It's pretty much a wash in my opinion. I think it is more about preference than performance. That being said from a off-road drivers standpoint I have no problem running against on-road engines if the rules were to change. I ran my Roma against other on-road engines at Homestead in Jan and I didn't feel I had a disadvantage overall. What I gave up on the straight I picked up on the infield. If other off-road engine drivers will express their opinion about on-road engines being allowed it might make a change in the rules a reality, or not!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

The offroad engine rules have been their rules since they added GT to this race. They are pretty much set so no need for the lobbying to try to get the rule changed. Respect the rule as it has been presented and if you are attending, abide by it.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The offroad engine rules have been their rules since they added GT to this race. They are pretty much set so no need for the lobbying to try to get the rule changed. Respect the rule as it has been presented and if you are attending, abide by it.
I can respect the rule, but I will say that I don't see an advantage. I do see a disadvantage though, splitting the class. Personally, I have both and I'm beginning to see that it's all about preference. I don't look at it as a rule change, so much as an evolution. My $0.02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.