R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-25-2006, 09:45 AM   #4486
Tech Initiate

Does someone know a good track around Seattle WA? I am currently running in a very small track in West Seattle but it is not in good shape and I would like to try my car in a bigger circuit.

Thanks in advance for the help.
TomiRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:47 AM   #4487
Tech Fanatic

Just wondering if any of you are running a Sirio EvoIII in your MTX-4?

I found that the carb slide's set screw nub hit's the back-angled part of the fuel tank. I actually had to grind some of the nub and set screw at an angle, as well as, turn the carb slightly to the right so that it will clear that part of the tank, but only by about 0.5mm.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #4488
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidDynomite

I found that the carb slide's set screw nub hit's the back-angled part of the fuel tank. I actually had to grind some of the nub and set screw at an angle, as well as, turn the carb slightly to the right so that it will clear that part of the tank, but only by about 0.5mm.
Need a photo man......
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:06 PM   #4489
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Yes, have the same issue, but opted to grind a notch out of the radio top plate instead of the carby, but also have to have it on an angle.
Awesome motor, it's a shame you can't get back up support or parts for them. especially the cranks.
Speedbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #4490
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbug
Yes, have the same issue, but opted to grind a notch out of the radio top plate instead of the carby, but also have to have it on an angle.
Awesome motor, it's a shame you can't get back up support or parts for them. especially the cranks.
you sould try contacting kellets hobbies in liverpool,sydney nsw in a week ore two, they are the new importer for sirio engines and should have a lot of backup parts in stock by then
Old 04-25-2006, 05:12 PM   #4491
Tech Fanatic

Yes but are they going to honor all the parts to be replaced under warranty from the engines that are already out there????
I am owed 3 cranks from engines that have had no more than 2-3 litres of fuel through them.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:31 PM   #4492
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbug
Yes but are they going to honor all the parts to be replaced under warranty from the engines that are already out there????
I am owed 3 cranks from engines that have had no more than 2-3 litres of fuel through them.
only way to find out is to ring and speak to garry kellet about it
Old 04-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #4493
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

novarossi based and sirio engines have problem as you mentioned, that's why i run OS, it fits perfect without the need for modification.

Quote:

Old 04-25-2006, 09:35 PM   #4494
Tech Fanatic

Have just bought a couple of STS engines to see what the are like.
On paper they have similar performance to the OS but are much cheaper.
From initial impressions they seem very quick, not as quick as Nova or Sirio, but plenty quick enough for our car park track. We have a race meeting tonight which will be the first for the new STS, so i'll let you know how it goes.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:04 PM   #4495
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
novarossi based and sirio engines have problem as you mentioned, that's why i run OS, it fits perfect without the need for modification.

You chose your engine based upon the fit? You know we are talking about grinding maybe a quarter of an inch off the top deck.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:07 PM   #4496
Tech Initiate

scott.... do you have a baseline setup for the MTX4 for Revelations? If so, could you PM me the setup..... a bunch of us from vegas are heading down there this weekend.....and I would like to know where to start.
banky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:49 PM   #4497
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I wish I did. Robbie told me he has a good setup for Revelation. I will try and get it if he doesn't see this and post it. I know you need hard tires cut very small. He told me 45 shore all the way around and if I remember cut to like 55mm and 57mm. No suspension travel in the front with the front sway bar straight up and down. I will see if I can get the whole thing from Robbie.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:29 PM   #4498
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b
only way to find out is to ring and speak to garry kellet about it

I Emailed them about a week and a half ago and still have no reply. Iam not knocking them yet but its not exactly a good way to start to try and rebuild Sirio's name.

Daniel

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:12 AM   #4499
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default rev set up

u will definately need to put a groove in the front tires. or cut some rubber of the inside edge usually 2mm works.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:17 AM   #4500
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Cutting the inside of the tire off can cause it to get twitchy down the straight away. Last time I was there, I cut 2 grooves in each front tire, glued the edges, they were cut to 57mm and the rears were cut to 59. Blue springs all around, 40 wt in rear socks 600 in front, front shocks all the way down, rears in the 3rd hole up. Front upstops set with 1.5mm of travel. Droop, 1 and 5. Camber 2. Caster, 1mm. B blocks all around. The car was very fast.