Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Infineon
I just hold the brake with my hand then let go.
and why would you do this
Old 08-23-2002, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I just bash around and sometimes i get bored.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Infineon
I just bash around and sometimes i get bored.

thats cool
Old 08-24-2002, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi guys, just seeking some info... can anyone tell me how to properly install the Kawahara blade type front sway bar or maybe someone has a pic they could post? thanks, Deves
Old 08-24-2002, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Default Deves

No pictures but I have installed one of these, there are 2 replacement parts for the droop/rebound adjustment block,these are replaced as per standard. Before these are installed you have
to insert the 2 rod sections into the end of the blocks, they can go either way however will require some messing around as the amount that they are threaded in can be either too long or too short. When installed the pivot socket should be exactly half way between tho two droop blocks and should not bind at all.
Set srews for droop etc are then set as per your requirements.

Not a real good description I know.

GT
Old 08-24-2002, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Default Re Venom Sway bar

I took these back to lhs. To fit the $40.00 sway bar you have to buy a $70.00 carbon fibre mount..........................yeah right.

You can buy the front and rear genuine kyosho bars for the price of one of these......K factory are the same.

GT
Old 08-26-2002, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default IM IN NEW JERSEY

Hi guys, im in New Jersey ryt now....

Hope to see some RC Action here!!!

C ya!
Old 08-28-2002, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default Optimum Temperature

Hi guys,

I was just wondering whats the optimum temperature for the kit motor (GS15R) that came with the car. I'm using the venom temperature module and its showing me a high temp of 310?!!?!? But there are good amount of smoke coming out the car during acceleration thou.

So what temperatures should be correct?

Thanks for the input!

Regards
Jeff
Old 08-28-2002, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Hey,
If you dont have any cooling holes cut in the body, (half the front window cut out on the motors side, and half the back window on the same side) the engine will become extremely hot,
but once cut out, the engine still seems to run very hot for me, i dont have a temp gauge, but i have top end on mine tuned for performance and low end is a little bit rich to give it extra lubrication when it comes back down to a lower RPM.
But it still runs very hot.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Default Pirvan

310 is not uncommon however is TOO HOT. The GS15R does tend to run very hot when running right however at 310 your engine will cease to be after a very short period of time. Richen your top end and if neccesary lean your bottom end to sort out your idle
another option might be to go to a hotter plug if it wont idle. OSA3
or OS8 ive found good.
At best I got mine down to 240-250 but was with the cooling head I mentioned and posted a picture of back further in the forum. Also where abouts are you? In the middle east and in hotter climates a popular item is the Kyosho cooling fan PN-vzw011.
Also that smoke trail should be visible when your at top speed not just under acceleration.
The venom tm is a real good thing however I found that things that didnt concern me previously worried me as I found them!

Ignorance is bliss!!!!!!!

GT
Old 08-28-2002, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default High Temperature

Hi V-One-S

Tried your caster adjustment the other time, seems to be running pretty good. But now there is a tad of UNdersteer when the speed of the corner is higher. I think i need to stiffen the spring up and increase the weight of the oil in it.

As for the temperature, I'm suppose to drip some saliva onto the cooling head and watch for reaction right? hmmm..will try that the next time. Could you roughly tell me how many turns your high/low speed needles are...just need some rough comparision.

Thanks and regards,

JEff
Old 08-28-2002, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Well i was going to, before hacking my body to bits, was going to mount up a spare 540 motor i have, place a small fan blade on it, and connect a 7.2V battery, but then i thought, "Nope too much weight" so i just hacked apart the body.

And my settings are:
Top End: 1 1/2 turns out.
Low end: 2 turns out.

In the engine manual it says the car normally runs good around the 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 mark on top end.
And break in defauls are 2 turns for both.

If you are finding mild understeer as well, just move one of the small caster clips to the opposite end.
Just play around a little bit.

Last edited by V-One S; 08-28-2002 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hi Squizzy

Hi there,

Yeah i know it seems a bit high. But the moment i richen the high speed needle, my top end becomes bog down and guggles. *sigh* could it be that the meter is not reading the temperature correctly? I have heard that such meter are reading temperature higher then its suppose to. I was hoping that this Sat, I could borrow one of the infra red guns from one of the racers to verify this. As for the smoke thing, yeah...the smoke continues to pour even at max speed.

Thanks and regards,
Jeff
Old 08-29-2002, 12:04 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Pirvan.
Have you found the GS15-r has tons of torque, and even stock it gets to about 80km/h? (50mp/h)

Cause mine absolutely flies.

And Squizzy, how'd you find the One- Way, do you think it was worth it?

does it corner heaps better, or just a bit

Last edited by V-One S; 08-29-2002 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

Default Yeah

Yeah..i agree about the torque thingy...i was playing on a smaller track sometime back and it absolutely flies. But recently, begun playing at a track that had longer straights, even with the new 2 speed installed, I still run out of puff before the end of the straight. Anyways..no complain about the car....although i seriously think the weight of the oil for the suspension they provided was too light....oh yeah..heheh..broke a servo.*sigh*

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.