Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 01:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Squizzy

Originally posted by Vifer
Thanks for the link.

Been busy with work and nothing much to contribute though, so I kept quiet. Just found out last night that my stock shock gave way...so got to buy the Eagle shocks before this weekend. Going for some roundings down at my "playground".

Hope you have fun with your new setup. I always want to get a front one way for my car. A bit tired to see my tyres doing wheel spin when I full throttle out of a corner.
Hi Vifer!
Where is your playground in Singapore? Will like to meet up with more V1S kakis.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:15 AM
Tech Addict

If you are running in the wet, id run as soft of a tyre as possible, and heaps of tread, and brakes in the dry i dont even use, i found itll go into the corner better for me with no brakes, so i only used the brakes to kick it around the 2 hairpins in our track
Old 08-12-2002, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default Wet Weather

rhandee>

I really suggest that you don't play in any wet weather. First of all, your car is more prone to accident due to unpredictable tire slippage. Secondly, I had destroyed a brand new servo while playing on wet surface.

I would rather let my car live another day then killing it just for a short period of fun.

Racmark>>

Hi Racmark. I usually play at Marina South track or join another group of guys at Pasir Ris Carpark for heavy vehicles just beside TPE on weekends.

PS: U hav PM.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default WET Weather

Youre right vifer. even if the Battery and receiver is locked in....water still gets inside. and i also noticed that most of my screw starts to corrode after that wet race.

Next time i'l never play on wet grounds! Thanks guys!
Old 08-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Wet Weather

Originally posted by Vifer
rhandee>

I really suggest that you don't play in any wet weather. First of all, your car is more prone to accident due to unpredictable tire slippage. Secondly, I had destroyed a brand new servo while playing on wet surface.

I would rather let my car live another day then killing it just for a short period of fun.

Racmark>>

Hi Racmark. I usually play at Marina South track or join another group of guys at Pasir Ris Carpark for heavy vehicles just beside TPE on weekends.

PS: U hav PM.
Hi Vifer!
If you play at Pasir Ris and MS, I guess you would know a guy who drives a V1S too and just got himself a Serpent.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

do you guys no if a set of hpi r5's will fit my v1s???
Old 08-13-2002, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Wet Weather

Originally posted by Racmark

Hi Vifer!
If you play at Pasir Ris and MS, I guess you would know a guy who drives a V1S too and just got himself a Serpent.
Need more info...
Old 08-17-2002, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Default Another body

Man this painting addiction is getting silly, This is the new HPI S7 saleen....super low not too long but racing is the real test....next weekend.

GT
Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-saleen10.jpg  
Old 08-20-2002, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Default heeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllppppppppppp

Has nebody got a picture of a v-one rear sway(roll) bar installed?

I bought a venom one today and im ^&%$ed if i can work out how it goes on!!!!!!!!!

GT
Old 08-22-2002, 04:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey have you guys had expirience with the Kawahara Negative Zero differential? Does it work better than stock? Alsomy the clutch on my GS15R is pretty worn. What should I replace it with?
Old 08-23-2002, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Default Infineon

Firstly the clutch, why is it wearing? these clutches are really good wearing units, is there anything binding in the drivetrain?

Anyway Kyosho do a "vespel" clutch part #39673, really hard wearing!

On the diff- the neg-gear diff is really cool and will prevent unspooling through corners.....a pretty dear option though.
What is the car doing that makes you want to change the stock unit? Once again the stock diffs are a really good unit and can be tuned really well with the right diff oil to suit whatever you want to do. My v-one-s currently runs a one-way on the high speed track I race seriously at however on the rough track which i call home i run the standard diff with Mugen50000 wt oil in the front.

Do Tell
\
GT

Old 08-23-2002, 12:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Lol, well...I liek to hold the brakes, high rev it, and launching the car . Also, I want the diff simply cuz it looks cool and its easy to adjust.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

Default mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yes.........................well.................. .....if ya got it......................spend it.............................just make sure its on a Kyosho not one of those other inferior cars.

Old 08-23-2002, 02:02 AM
Tech Addict

How do you manage to hold the brakes at the same times as revving?

do you just lock them on when the car is set stationary and adjust right up tight?

and if you want burnouts, just drop the drive belt to the front wheels. It will get seriously sideways with the GS15-r.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:20 AM
Tech Rookie

I just hold the brake with my hand then let go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.