Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default i guess thats right

ben tnx... but how about increasing rpm when pinching the line, does it mean lean?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

It should not increase for too long. If it takes a very long time to shutoff means you are running a very rich setup and vice versa.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default tnx for that

tnx a lot ben, anyway from which place are you in? and what do you think about these 2, Kyo Vone RR Evo & Kyo FW-05R?
Old 12-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default RC in Singapore

How about the RC price in Singapore, do you think it worth the price, i think in hongkong they have a good variety of RC's but the price is somehow the same... i guess
Old 12-30-2004, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Firstly, i have heard that hongkong is a r/c paradise. it has the most discounted items compared to any other hobbyshop. Singapore's prices are reasonable but maybe cheaper if your currency is stronger.

Regarding the two cars i have not driven them myself before but i have friends who do and IMO the 05 like a tank. Heavy but very strong and the RRevo is a good performer. Given a choice i would prefer a RRevo because im used to belt driven cars(by chance) or i'll get a mtx-3
Old 12-31-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by ben1112
Firstly, i have heard that hongkong is a r/c paradise. it has the most discounted items compared to any other hobbyshop. Singapore's prices are reasonable but maybe cheaper if your currency is stronger.

Regarding the two cars i have not driven them myself before but i have friends who do and IMO the 05 like a tank. Heavy but very strong and the RRevo is a good performer. Given a choice i would prefer a RRevo because im used to belt driven cars(by chance) or i'll get a mtx-3
In my experience, I'm quite satisfied with RR EVO. I crashed mine a couple of times and the only thing I broke so far is a body post. These things are tough compared to lighter but flimsy chassis.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

-Heavy but very strong and the RRevo is a good performer-
I refer the heavy car to the fw05.

These things are tough compared to lighter but flimsy chassis.
are you saying that the mtx3 is flimsy?
Old 01-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default RR Evo vs FW05x

on my own point of view, RR evo has a good top end and very competitive if it just tuned well... the 05s has a good torque and good for a lot of sweeps and turns, but when i look at the Kyosho catalogue the evo catches my attention the way it looks and the reviews written on it... i have Vone SII right now, havent tried RR evo but do you think theres a big difference bet the two...

ei joel, have you been to hongkong? i'll try to get there one time before going back to phi...

thnx guys...
Old 01-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default Clutch!!

Guys, what do you think is a good clutch for my Vone S, im looking for the 3 way clutch, but its not available here right now, they have Vespel, is it good? i tried the UM120, like what lieu says, but the touches the flywheel so i removed it.

anyway i went to race track yesterday, and play for 3 hours although im just new i may say im improving... thnx for all those who was very helpful especially this OL RC Community...tnx
Old 01-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by ben1112
-Heavy but very strong and the RRevo is a good performer-
I refer the heavy car to the fw05.

These things are tough compared to lighter but flimsy chassis.
are you saying that the mtx3 is flimsy?
no, I am referring in general.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

I would recommend 3racing 3piece clutch. It might be expensive but i forgot the price. I bought mine but didn't get to use it because i got fed up with my car and traded it. but i'm sure the 3piece clutch will work well because it felt solid and came with very cool lowering engine mounts. take not that the mount might not be compatible with pull starter engines. I couldn't maintain my car because my 2speed wore out very fast. But it was user's misuse as i tuned my car to be very agressive and made 110% power out of the stock mill. i could keep up with sirio and novarossis in the straights but lose them in the corner due to lack of skill. my reflections on the car is that it was a good base car but i would get a car with clutch 2speed if i were ever to get another one.

One point which might prove useful for you deciding which car to get.

Shaft driven cars are very responsive to power input and thus can accelerate out of corners very well.(sharp response)

Belt driven cars are able to keep the 'energy' in the corners so it is useful for tracks with corners on after another.(smooth)

Depending on the style of your driving and track layout you might prefer one type over another.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default ben

tnx for the info... i like the evo, on the way it looks, and most of the reviews that i have read, is saying that the performance could be the same it depends on the driver...(i guess)..

fw05r here is too expensive its around $900 with engine, muffler and all these parts that are not included in the kit.
fw05s is in normal price $200+ but so i decided to go for evo, cheaper but can be on the same level as fw05r.

anyway 2 speed really wears out fast, that was my problem before, i found a solution to that, i will make a drawing and send it to your email if you want.. whats ur email add?

or you can check this out:
http://go.to/solaspeed
Old 01-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default ben

ei, men, do you order in any online shop in hongkong for Kyosho parts, can you give me some good sites where they give good price, has a lot of spare & option parts for kyosho.

Most of the stores here are always out of stock...
And one more, is the site secure...
tnx.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: UM 210

Originally posted by bulletdays
I bought a UM 210, but it seems much thinner from my old stock clutch how can i fit this to my engine? is it possible to use it or do i need to buy new one... hope someone would help me on this. tnx
you can use a 7mm e clip it will hold the UM210 up against the fly wheel works great
Old 01-09-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Haha i did the mod to beef up the tranny using the steel pin but it's no use because i have too much power. my car shifts very hard because my clutch mod. so it very very torquey and fast but at the expense of wear and tear. (It's only marginally slower than 3port sirio)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.