Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: V1S Engine swap ????!!!

Originally posted by war11x
Anyone know of a drop in motor that can utilise the Standard GSx15 Motor parts ( clutch , 2speed , etc ) in the V1s series cars ????????????
You can fit any .12 or .15 (w/ .12 size mounting) engine with STANDARD THREADED SHAFT on V-ONE S. Mine already been replaced twice. First with O.S. 15 engine and now with SIRIO S15 racing engine.

Just remember, STANDARD THREADED SHAFT only.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: 2 speed

Originally posted by leighindubai
Does anyone know if there is an after market 2-speed setup for the v-one-s. Mine wears out really fast on the tooth.

Leigh

just to give a hint a fren of mine with his v 1 s fix a gs 2 speed (full set) including the shaft, and gs centax clutch on his os/tr.... but there is a slight minor modification on the 2 speed shaft.

Old 10-20-2004, 04:43 AM
Tech Initiate

V1S two speed mod.

I have used the Mugen MTX2 gearbox and clutch. the only things that needed to be changed was the spacer between the bulkhead-gears and the rear support/brake brace for clearance on the second spur gear.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hi, use universal shaft for your dogbone, buy a novarossi .12 engine or OS TR engine... have it break in properly for a good performance, just dont know how these things in ur currency...
Old 12-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default v1 S

that was for you...
Old 12-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by MisterLister
V1S two speed mod.

I have used the Mugen MTX2 gearbox and clutch. the only things that needed to be changed was the spacer between the bulkhead-gears and the rear support/brake brace for clearance on the second spur gear.
why didn't you just use the kyosho 2 speed
Old 12-12-2004, 03:00 AM
Tech Adept

Because it sucks. fullstop.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:34 AM
Tech Initiate

JordanC

in the UK kyosho parts are well over price and have a long lead time. it is easier and cheaper to replace the MTX2 parts even at trackside.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default Fuel 20% or 30% need ur opinion

hi guys, been using 20% for my OS TR, wonder shifting to 30%, can you give me some idea like the pros and cons of this.tnx a lot.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Fuel 20% or 30% need ur opinion

Originally posted by bulletdays
hi guys, been using 20% for my OS TR, wonder shifting to 30%, can you give me some idea like the pros and cons of this.tnx a lot.
PROS; you will have considerable increase in power output of your engine which is important when you want to compete in racing.

CONS; the lifespan of your engine will decrease because of the increase of wear it is subjected to caused by higher nitro content in your fuel.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

It is recommended that highest nitro you use for .12 is 25%.
Unless you do some modding like lowering compression ratio or something similar.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default tnx a lot guys

this settles my confusions... i better stay to 20%...
Old 12-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default share your setup...

hi guys does anyone here kind enuf to share his V1S setup for the benefits of those others... tnx in advnce guys....
Old 12-14-2004, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Setup very much depends on user preference and the typr of track you run on.

Much of the whole setup is dependent on the type of the tyres you use. If you have a wrong tyre, it'll be pretty useless to tune other things.

Tires- You should ask fellow r/cers at the track on the selection of tires.
Shocks- It is also recommended that u ask other's opinions if you cant decide. General thumb of rule is smooth/sweeping tracks require heavier shock oil and bumby/technical track require lighter weight oil.
Springs- Same as above. you can vary the front and rear for personal driving style. I prefer an understeering setup(front hard,back soft) as it allows me to enter corners faster and bleed off speed and makes consistent timing for me.
Diff- Still the same theory, high traction heavy weight and inm reverse. Can tune for under/oversteer.
Shock tower postion- This is pretty much later part of tuning and try not to adjust too much if you are unsure.
Camber- usually more neg if your car rolls. i try to adjust till it provides optimum traction and wears quite evenly.
Castor- depends on track. Ask around if unsure

I think that pretty much covers most of the tuning you need to run your car optimally. Im not selfish and below are some extra tips that i think not many people are aware and you can ignore it if you know already.

Tip 1- Soaking belts in WD40 for 24-48 hours makes the belt softer and thus increases efficiency in the drivetrain.
Tip 2- Most V1S users dump the front shock tower and replace it for the small plastic that comes with the package.
Tip 3- Some users find a slight increase in power when they drill about 3 holes in the stock exhaust baffle. This may vary from user to user.

Tell me if i left anything out or if there's any wrong info.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default about tyres

tnx a lot ben those surely worx...

by the way i need some few things to know regarding tires, in our race track here in dubai many pipz are saying that foam tires are the best even the fastest driver here uses it, ive tried to run with it, but i always skid, so i decided to change it to slick, now it work quite fine, but i think there is big advantage using foam... just wonder how they set it up here, do u have any idea?
thnks so much...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.