Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mrgsr
foam filter oil is too thin..

it must be a high temperature grease..here in australia we can also use INOX grease

who said I was trying to use foam filter oil on a thrust bearing?

I never said that. What I was doing is making a comparison to buying a motorcycle foam filter oil vs going to the hobby shop and buying a tiny bottle of basically the same thing. I wanted to know if there was something special in the grease I should use or if I could buy a quart (can or tub) of high quality grease from an automotive store. I can get a full synthetic high temp grease for alot cheaper than I could get the little tubes from the shop.

If it works fine then I will do that.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

sorry dredd my mistake
Old 03-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Driving style

guys ...I need to ask a question related to driving style. Because I will be racing on Sunday, I spent last Saturday at the track practising. I have found that my biggest problem comes at the end of a long straight that has a sweeper leading into it. That means you take some serious speed into the straight and by the time you come to the left hand 180 degree turn, you are flying with the car screaming in second gear ...I am sure we top out. Problem is, I use a one way and my spool order has not come through yet. My brakes are currently set at 44% which is enough for the rest of the track but no where near enough for the end of that straight. The end result is that I go wide of the apex of the turn at the end of the straight purely because I am carrying WAY too much speed.

Last night I was thinking about all this: I could let off earlier on the power but that leaves me a sitting duck for the flying Mugens using spools. I could also get hit from behind ...which might end my day. Then I thought, what about using the Anti Lock Brake function on my M11 and turning up my brakes to about 60%? Thing is, I have never used the ALB function before. Has anyone here used it? Could it help me in this situation or should I just forget it and adjust my driving style until I can get a spool?
Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnypiston
guys ...I need to ask a question related to driving style. Because I will be racing on Sunday, I spent last Saturday at the track practising. I have found that my biggest problem comes at the end of a long straight that has a sweeper leading into it. That means you take some serious speed into the straight and by the time you come to the left hand 180 degree turn, you are flying with the car screaming in second gear ...I am sure we top out. Problem is, I use a one way and my spool order has not come through yet. My brakes are currently set at 44% which is enough for the rest of the track but no where near enough for the end of that straight. The end result is that I go wide of the apex of the turn at the end of the straight purely because I am carrying WAY too much speed.

Last night I was thinking about all this: I could let off earlier on the power but that leaves me a sitting duck for the flying Mugens using spools. I could also get hit from behind ...which might end my day. Then I thought, what about using the Anti Lock Brake function on my M11 and turning up my brakes to about 60%? Thing is, I have never used the ALB function before. Has anyone here used it? Could it help me in this situation or should I just forget it and adjust my driving style until I can get a spool?
yup..i see your problem...but just to comfort u i also uses one way and i have almost no braking...i have yet to try the front solid spool..
anyway like u said the only way not to go too wide at the end off the straight is to ease the throt. earlier.......just hope the guy behing us knows what they r doin..lol..good luck

p/s : my m8 also has the ALB func. but i have never used them..don't really need to i guess for me that is.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnypiston

Hi,
I would recommend to forget the ALB in M11, because when you brake, you need to push a switch at the same time to activate the ALB. If you see in the menu, it does not say ACT like all the other options but it says PUSH. PUSH means that you need to keep pressed the assigned switch, in order to activate the function.
I know that this can be changed from the factory setup menu, but nobody yet has discovered how to enter in this menu. It is a key combination pressed while powering the M11 on.
I think that this might be different in Airtronics M11 from the Sanwa M11. The reason is that the ALB function is patented by Futaba and they can not have it in the same way.
What is your M11 Sanwa or Airtronics?
Regards,
Old 03-09-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

I am suprised that nobody appears to have come up with 2 seperate, light weight, brakes for the 2 outdrives at the front. This would then give the brakes of a front spool, with the benefits of a one way.
Personally I don't like the way the car drives with a fixed spool
Old 03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nosram
I am suprised that nobody appears to have come up with 2 seperate, light weight, brakes for the 2 outdrives at the front. This would then give the brakes of a front spool, with the benefits of a one way.
Personally I don't like the way the car drives with a fixed spool
That's because it's against the rules. You can only have one brake disk.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you, I'm glad I found out before I set about making one
Old 03-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Until you get a spool, a good trick when using the 1 way is to use the 23 t side pulley ( overdrive ) , with same size front & rear tyres

You will find that the car will decelerate without having to mash the brakes as hard and it will feel a lot more stable on the transition from on power to off power... it will also "pull" out of the tight turns .

Just keep an eye on the side belt ( it cops a bit of stress when you run like this )
Old 03-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Until you get a spool, a good trick when using the 1 way is to use the 23 t side pulley ( overdrive ) , with same size front & rear tyres

You will find that the car will decelerate without having to mash the brakes as hard and it will feel a lot more stable on the transition from on power to off power... it will also "pull" out of the tight turns .

Just keep an eye on the side belt ( it cops a bit of stress when you run like this )
sorry but i would think u won't be able to drive the car with this combination( 23t pulley+same size front & rear tyres ) the rear spin more than the front and would cause tail out and oversteer..only way to drive with a 23t with a minimum off 2mm split between fr and rear...

anyway it's what i've experience...maybe yours r different...
Old 03-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Racing4Evo

I have looked throught the Roar handbook and can not find any mention of the number of brakes on a 1/10th touring cars.
I guess I must have missed it, do you happen to know what section it is in?
Thanks in advance
Old 03-10-2007, 02:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Driving style

Thanks for the responses guys. My radio is an Airtronics unit ...but I don't think I will try ALB ...it's way too late to experiment with something like that ...I am racing TOMORROW MORNING

I reckon I'll just have to adjust my driving style but now it will be even more important to keep it tight, tidy and quick in the other sections where I am comfortable. Luckily softer springs sorted my fishtailing problem ...the car feels tight everywhere except the end of that straight and that's just the law of physics at work

Besides the braking thing, I also love the way a one way works around the track. You sort of learn to drive without brakes in the slowish sections but the faster ones are tricky. The good thing is ...my driving technique will be greatly improved...what with having to be so gentle with the throttle.

Another good thing is that this says a lot for the RRR. Tomorrow will be my second ever race and I am already comfortable enough with the car to worry about having "too much speed" ...just two weeks ago I was complaining about handling problems . I love this car ...even got a second as a spare now and I am still the only RRR at this particular track.

Anyway, I hope it goes well. Last time I was T-Boned and my virgin race was ruined! Because this will be my second ever race (and our 2006/2007 National Champ) will be in attendance, my main mission is survival ...meaning, I want to finish ALL three qualifiers (post a time this time ) and at least some of the final ...whatever final. I am nervous as hell but peops on this forum have been VERY helpful ...THANKS and later!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dredd
what type of grease should I use on the bearing that's on the outside of the clutch bell? It's an open bearing, not sealed in any way. I don't know the name of this, but when you loosen the nut it comes out. Is there a certain type of grease that is better than others?

Also I noticed a slight noise when my car rolls to a stop, it's almost like you would hear if a part was spinning and I can't tell where it's comming from and don't know if it's normal. Hard to explain what I mean, but if you lift the car up and listen carefully when pumping the throttle to spin the wheels you can hear it. It sounds like plastic (dull sounding not ringing like metal). My only guess is it's the gears clattering a bit but I am not sure. The car seems to run well and this noise hasn't appeared to be a broken part or something loose, I checked everything over 3 times.
That's the thrust bearing on the outside. I use Tamiya AW grease. Any thick grease that will stay on the bearing will be good. I've also used Associated Black Grease.

That sound you describe sounds like the rear bearing in the engine. Is it tuning weird?
Old 03-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
That's the thrust bearing on the outside. I use Tamiya AW grease. Any thick grease that will stay on the bearing will be good. I've also used Associated Black Grease.

That sound you describe sounds like the rear bearing in the engine. Is it tuning weird?
well, it was running fine and wasn't hard to tune at first. Now though it didn't want to start very easy so I changed the glowplug. Then it started but would stall alot. I think I have it way out of tune and have to start over. I'll start from base settings and see what happens.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dredd
well, it was running fine and wasn't hard to tune at first. Now though it didn't want to start very easy so I changed the glowplug. Then it started but would stall alot. I think I have it way out of tune and have to start over. I'll start from base settings and see what happens.
Unfortunately, it's not set and forget. You constantly have to adjust your engine settings based on humidity, temperature and air pressure. As soon as the engine doesn't run right, you need to put your thinking cap on and retune it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.