Kyosho v-one rrr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Right decided to bite the bullet and get a real RRR and sell my old v-one-r, least now i'll have an upto date car, could pass on this car that came up fairly cheap.

However i'm looking to get an all over hex screw kit for it, but can't seem to find one anywhere, I had a stainless kit on my voner, but the the heads kept rounding easily, and they seemed soft.

So i was after a hardened steel kit really, like i've seen on some of your cars, or like the standard G4s, any idea where to order from, and how much $/£ am i looking at?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supermoto552
Right decided to bite the bullet and get a real RRR and sell my old v-one-r, least now i'll have an upto date car, could pass on this car that came up fairly cheap.

However i'm looking to get an all over hex screw kit for it, but can't seem to find one anywhere, I had a stainless kit on my voner, but the the heads kept rounding easily, and they seemed soft.

So i was after a hardened steel kit really, like i've seen on some of your cars, or like the standard G4s, any idea where to order from, and how much $/£ am i looking at?
Tony's Screws has a RRR WCE kit. It's only $26.00

https://www.tonysscrews.com/displayP...5&categoryId=2
Old 03-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
Don't forget that you have been running the Mugen with a lola body and the Kyosho with a TC body. You may find that has something to do with it. What are you using in the front (one-way, diff, solid) of the Kyosho?

From what I have seen and driven, nothing turns like a Kyosho. Around here, you will never hear a Kyosho driver say, "I need more steering".
When I get a chance ( ) I will measure the steering throw on the MTX-4 and compare it to that of the RRR. If I recall correctly, the MTX-4 doesn't have a problem with scraping the bottom of the shock ball cup like the RRR. That may something to do with it.

Another thing is, that the track I run on is far more technical than the tracks you guys run on. Most of it is all low speed driving. Team Mugen was out here this past weekend and Mike S' fastest lap times were in the 22 second range. If you saw how Mike and Brian T. went around people at these lower speeds, you would agree with me.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
When I get a chance ( ) I will measure the steering throw on the MTX-4 and compare it to that of the RRR. If I recall correctly, the MTX-4 doesn't have a problem with scraping the bottom of the shock ball cup like the RRR. That may something to do with it.

Another thing is, that the track I run on is far more technical than the tracks you guys run on. Most of it is all low speed driving. Team Mugen was out here this past weekend and Mike S' fastest lap times were in the 22 second range. If you saw how Mike and Brian T. went around people at these lower speeds, you would agree with me.
Hi RMD,

To solve that "Shock Ball" problem on the RRR, I simply use a file to shave down and also round the inner edge of all my front wheels when truing my tires.

This allows me to have full steering lock without cutting the shock ball ends.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-front-wheel-filed-truer.jpg  
Old 03-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Hi RMD,

To solve that "Shock Ball" problem on the RRR, I simply use a file to shave down and also round the inner edge of all my front wheels when truing my tires.

This allows me to have full steering lock without cutting the shock ball ends.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, that's a great tip. It's been mentioned before (probably by you), but I just have not gotten around to doing it. I will certainly give it a try.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks, that's a great tip. It's been mentioned before (probably by you), but I just have not gotten around to doing it. I will certainly give it a try.
No problem rmd.

It's the least I can offer for all the great tips you have provided the RRR community.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

what type of grease should I use on the bearing that's on the outside of the clutch bell? It's an open bearing, not sealed in any way. I don't know the name of this, but when you loosen the nut it comes out. Is there a certain type of grease that is better than others?

Also I noticed a slight noise when my car rolls to a stop, it's almost like you would hear if a part was spinning and I can't tell where it's comming from and don't know if it's normal. Hard to explain what I mean, but if you lift the car up and listen carefully when pumping the throttle to spin the wheels you can hear it. It sounds like plastic (dull sounding not ringing like metal). My only guess is it's the gears clattering a bit but I am not sure. The car seems to run well and this noise hasn't appeared to be a broken part or something loose, I checked everything over 3 times.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Dredd

I found mugen super grease to work best! you want to keep this bearing clean and greased at all times

not sure what that dull sound is, check your gear mesh it could betoo tight or maybe you have a work pinion somewher?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dredd
what type of grease should I use on the bearing that's on the outside of the clutch bell? It's an open bearing, not sealed in any way. I don't know the name of this, but when you loosen the nut it comes out. Is there a certain type of grease that is better than others?
It's called a "thrust bearing". As mrgsr said, Mugen grease is good. I use the Associated Stealth Black Grease:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2880&P=M

Originally Posted by Dredd
Also I noticed a slight noise when my car rolls to a stop, it's almost like you would hear if a part was spinning and I can't tell where it's comming from and don't know if it's normal. Hard to explain what I mean, but if you lift the car up and listen carefully when pumping the throttle to spin the wheels you can hear it. It sounds like plastic (dull sounding not ringing like metal). My only guess is it's the gears clattering a bit but I am not sure. The car seems to run well and this noise hasn't appeared to be a broken part or something loose, I checked everything over 3 times.
I hear that noise sometimes too. Like you said, it sounds like something rotating or spinning. I'm starting to suspect what it might be.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:12 PM
jag
Tech Master

Just to use as a reference, my car will turn in either direction 28-29 degrees which is around 90% on my radio. It will turn further in 1 direction that the other, I just can't remember which way. 29 degrees is max in the shorter direction so I set the other to match.

22 seconds is a very long lap. You should try opening that track up and let those cars run a little.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Cool

I suggest to change the track layout and possibly make larger or add longer straight a ways if possible. just a thought
Old 03-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default carbon shock stay..

is there an advantage for this?
or is it just bling ?

thanks
Old 03-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Jag / Ivan: Sometimes it's a little more flowing, but there is only so much you can do with a 150x80 ft space. I once added a second straight and that sped things up quite a bit. The track is very challenging and provides for some really great racing.

I'm not involved in track layout anymore. I just help tape down the track these days.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Dredd

I found mugen super grease to work best! you want to keep this bearing clean and greased at all times

not sure what that dull sound is, check your gear mesh it could betoo tight or maybe you have a work pinion somewher?
Does it have to be a special grease made for this application or what? I do understand about cleaning and greasing it all the time, but am wondering if I need special grease for this purpose. Thing is, a small 4cc tube is like $2.50 and I wonder if you could buy bulk. Such as using Motorcycle foam filter oil rather than the usual stuff from RC shops.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

foam filter oil is too thin..

it must be a high temperature grease..here in australia we can also use INOX grease

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.