Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey all just got a RRR With an OS 12TZ3p just wondering if anyone could give me a basic set up for low grip asphalt. like springs, cambers, toe in toe out.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Yep, I installed the front diff, and that's when I noticed the problem. I used the exact out drives the manual mentioned, and it was running fine. All of the sudden the dog bone is barely in the cup, and it starts the front tire to start wobbling. When I try try to maybe pull out the cup a little, it doesn't budge.
Did you find a way to solve the problem? I tried setting track width narrower at the front, from 199 to 194, but it didn't help. I bought a new set of out drives, but from your reply it sounds like something else must be the problem and the new out drives will have the same problem?

Here is a pic of the diff with the damaged out drive, this happened the first time i ran a diff in a club race.

I hope i can fix this before Sunday as i want to see if i am driving better with an diff at the Heemstede track. Last time i was there it was wet and i had to run a one way because i didn't had a diff yet.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markp27
Hi,

The Heemstede track is very fast with a very long straight. The engine was all revved out with the 22T 2nd gear, so I changed to the 23, which was perfect. Also there are a couple of very tight corners which require some delicate throttle control, so I put the 17T on the first gear, so that the car didn't accelerate so sharply in those corners. The 61 and 55 were just fine tuning.

Cheers, Mark.

got it understand...may try it out as my local track is quite similar to Heemstede.. HAve a super long straight and some tight corner...
Old 06-30-2006, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
Did you find a way to solve the problem? I tried setting track width narrower at the front, from 199 to 194, but it didn't help. I bought a new set of out drives, but from your reply it sounds like something else must be the problem and the new out drives will have the same problem?

Here is a pic of the diff with the damaged out drive, this happened the first time i ran a diff in a club race.

I hope i can fix this before Sunday as i want to see if i am driving better with an diff at the Heemstede track. Last time i was there it was wet and i had to run a one way because i didn't had a diff yet.
I'll try it out tonight, but even when i tried to adjust the width, it was still right at the edge of the cup. I might just have to go back to the one way!!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

I just snapped a quick pics here before I got into work... is your outdrive/cvd installed look like this???

Dom
p.s. I do have to change the bone on my CVD though, the pin is wearing down.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-dscn5252.jpg  
Old 06-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I just snapped a quick pics here before I got into work... is your outdrive/cvd installed look like this???

Dom
p.s. I do have to change the bone on my CVD though, the pin is wearing down.
The pin is sitting right at the tip of the cup. It was looking like your picture, but now it's not.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

It was looking like your picture, but now it's not.
So when you initially installed it it looks like that but now it is not??? I'm a bit confused. Why would it not be on the same location now?

Dom
Old 06-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

The pin is sitting right at the tip of the cup. It was looking like your picture, but now it's not.
orisis, are you sure your measurements are under 200mm? What tires are you running and what offset?

VZ218 seems to be the right diff joints. Are you sure you didn't accidentally put the rear univ. in the front?

Not trying to knock ya, just trying to help you solve this. It should sit just like in Dom's shot.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

mine where also sitting at the edge, not like in the picture. I also checked the universals and they are the right ones.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Ok, something isn't right then. I suspect the bone.

I guess the only way we can find out is to measure the CVD bone. You guys measure yours and post it and I'll go home and measure mine and the NIP I have as well. And I'll post it tonight.

Dom
Old 06-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

So when you initially installed it it looks like that but now it is not??? I'm a bit confused. Why would it not be on the same location now?

Dom
Well, would a different tire offset maybe cause it??
Old 06-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
orisis, are you sure your measurements are under 200mm? What tires are you running and what offset?

VZ218 seems to be the right diff joints. Are you sure you didn't accidentally put the rear univ. in the front?

Not trying to knock ya, just trying to help you solve this. It should sit just like in Dom's shot.
No problem. It was working fine initially, and now it's not. Maybe it's because I was using different tires on the front!!!!! I'll have to check..
Old 06-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Well, would a different tire offset maybe cause it??
If you use a 1mm or 2mm offset front wheels, you would have to crank the pivot balls in further to get 199 or 200mm track width, so the CVDs would have moved in further anyway....

Unless your wheels have offset the other way, that'll require you to turn the pivot balls out....

If you can take a picture of half of the entire front end, maybe we can see if something is out of place.... without a picture it's hard to figure out.

Dom
Old 06-30-2006, 11:27 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If you use a 1mm or 2mm offset front wheels, you would have to crank the pivot balls in further to get 199 or 200mm track width, so the CVDs would have moved in further anyway....

Unless your wheels have offset the other way, that'll require you to turn the pivot balls out....

If you can take a picture of half of the entire front end, maybe we can see if something is out of place.... without a picture it's hard to figure out.

Dom
Mine works fine..... It look like the one in the Pics ...Why I don't know
Old 06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

You guys measure yours and post it and I'll go home and measure mine and the NIP I have as well. And I'll post it tonight.

Dom
Osiris, Doms right. Measure your bone because size does matter.
OVA, you should be OK with the women.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.