Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=rmdhawaii]Hi Guys,

How often are you replacing your 2nd shoe set?

[/QUOTE

they normally last pretty long time...I maintain them by cleaning them...once the car starts shifting later than normal...they must be adjusted......best thing to do is when you have one that is set perfect for you, measure it with a caliper then when you need to replace it youll have a direct fit with the next.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Hi Guys,

the 2nd speed shoe indeed last quite a while like about 7 to 8 races...
i will look into it ,example , if the shoes are almost silver in colour and cause there will be no fiction between the 2nd spur.... And of course, when changing it...use a fine sandpaper to sand it all the eage of the shoe for smooth rolling and dun tighten it like the manaul shown... if not, quite difficult to gauge between the spur. I will tighten till the level which the screw hole is and later then tighten according to the track.... the rest of the FAQ, refer to Hawaii web.....
Old 06-11-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Hi Guys,

Taking extreme care to make sure that both hex adjusting screws are tightened equally. I find that getting it to the point just before the shoes start to expand is perfect for use with the OS 5P motor and gearing I run.

Basically, no tortional play between the shoes and the shaft. As already mentioned, I then check this over if my shift points are not smack on.

Measuring the outer dia. and keeping record of it, is a great idea.

Last edited by V1-RRR-WC; 06-11-2006 at 05:09 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default question on RRR setting up manual

hello all,

i have a question on RRR the setting data manual. in camber adjustment session in the manual they mention something about 0G and 1G with 2 different ranges of values for 0G the range is 0~1 and for 1G is 1~2 for the front and something else for the rear. What are these 0G and 1G? also the same thing is mentioned for the caster settings.

antony
Old 06-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by antoine80
hello all,

i have a question on RRR the setting data manual. in camber adjustment session in the manual they mention something about 0G and 1G with 2 different ranges of values for 0G the range is 0~1 and for 1G is 1~2 for the front and something else for the rear. What are these 0G and 1G? also the same thing is mentioned for the caster settings.

antony
I think 0G is with the chassis elevated and the wheels suspended.

1G is with the chassis resting on the suspension.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dougday
I think 0G is with the chassis elevated and the wheels suspended.

1G is with the chassis resting on the suspension.
i am sorry but my english doesn't help me too much what do you mean "suspended" & "resting"?

also if these are two different states of the chassis why is there a range of camber values? also i suppose the camber values are in degrees, so it is 0~1 degrees and 1~2 degrees
Old 06-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by antoine80
i am sorry but my english doesn't help me too much what do you mean "suspended" & "resting"?

also if these are two different states of the chassis why is there a range of camber values? also i suppose the camber values are in degrees, so it is 0~1 degrees and 1~2 degrees
0g = the car is on a car stand or something where the wheels are off the ground (suspended)

1g = the car is on the ground, the weight is (resting) on the suspention
Old 06-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by oderem
suspended means that the car is on a car stand or something where the wheels are off the ground
ok

thnx
Old 06-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Old 06-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

wheres everybody goes ???

Hmm.....All down with Germany World Cup Fever !!!!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:54 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maskedrider
wheres everybody goes ???

Hmm.....All down with Germany World Cup Fever !!!!!!
rmd must be catching up on his sleep.

My car is in pieces, it's not nitro season here now. We only club race during the summer. It's too hot.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

I had a 2-day event this past weekend. To give the spectators more to see we ran triple A-Main formats, 10 min each main. I ended up TQ'ing and won both A1 & A2, sat out A3. Did quite a bit of setup changes and trying different things.

The traction was good on Saturday, quite lower on Sunday. SP chassis worked great in both condition with a few different setups. So the opinion on the SP chassis only good on high traction and no too good on low traction is a bit overrated. Car transitioned great.

One thing I noticed one setup part of the car that doesn't get mentioned a lot is the rear camber links. I tried different spacers in and outboard and the feedback the car gave me was great and clear. It's a great tuning aid for fine tuning. At one point I didn't want to change the droop, spring, shock angle and sway so I put in a 1mm spacer in and that complimented the entire setup.

And dare I mentioned I broke in the EVO STI. That motor is ballsy!

Dom
Old 06-13-2006, 08:38 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I had a 2-day event this past weekend. To give the spectators more to see we ran triple A-Main formats, 10 min each main. I ended up TQ'ing and won both A1 & A2, sat out A3. Did quite a bit of setup changes and trying different things.
Good job.

The traction was good on Saturday, quite lower on Sunday. SP chassis worked great in both condition with a few different setups. So the opinion on the SP chassis only good on high traction and no too good on low traction is a bit overrated. Car transitioned great.

One thing I noticed one setup part of the car that doesn't get mentioned a lot is the rear camber links. I tried different spacers in and outboard and the feedback the car gave me was great and clear. It's a great tuning aid for fine tuning. At one point I didn't want to change the droop, spring, shock angle and sway so I put in a 1mm spacer in and that complimented the entire setup.
Can you give us a copy of your setup sheets along with the track condition for each?

And dare I mentioned I broke in the EVO STI. That motor is ballsy!

Dom
Is it noticably faster than the EVO3?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Sure, pm me your email address and I'll send it out to whoever wants it.

As Mike was telling me, it was a weird weekend for motor tuning. The moisture in the air was changing constantly. Both our STI ran around 250 for good power. Anything less than 240 you just can't get power out of it, and it likes being in the 250-260 range anyway. Motor is stronger overall. Mike tested his with the new RB pipe w/ medium header then a VR12+ pipe, he said the RB/medium header had way too much torque for Sunday, the VR12+ made the car easier to drive. I didn't do any pipe testing, I wanted to make sure I give the STI consistency at its early stages.

Dom
Old 06-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Sure, pm me your email address and I'll send it out to whoever wants it.

As Mike was telling me, it was a weird weekend for motor tuning. The moisture in the air was changing constantly. Both our STI ran around 250 for good power. Anything less than 240 you just can't get power out of it, and it likes being in the 250-260 range anyway. Motor is stronger overall. Mike tested his with the new RB pipe w/ medium header then a VR12+ pipe, he said the RB/medium header had way too much torque for Sunday, the VR12+ made the car easier to drive. I didn't do any pipe testing, I wanted to make sure I give the STI consistency at its early stages.

Dom
Are you using the Kyosho clutch assembly for the Sirio??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.