Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayjay
Hi all... I have recently bought a rrr 2nd hand. The car is going well however i find on our track that it doesnt grip really well. It tends to slide out going around corners a fair bit. I would have to say our track is fairly low grip as it is set up in a carparking lot. Im just woundering what set up advice you could give me. I also run a front one way , and i also use grippy tyres all round. 26 35 front & 30 35 rear.

Cheers
Ray
Put the car on a setup board and check all the settings per the kit setup sheet as mrgsr indicated. That would be the first thing I would check. If you don't have a setup board, download the Hudy Set-up book from this web site and eyeball it.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by miker2209
Wasap Robert? So are you getting ready for your 720? That's the word in the Oakland Park area...... King of Go Racing King going 720!!!

Later
Yes as a matter of fact I will be going to a 720 as soon as those people (thats the word) gives me one..
Old 06-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Define "those people"

Paolo
Old 06-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Yes as a matter of fact I will be going to a 720 as soon as those people (thats the word) gives me one..
Old 06-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi all... I have recently bought a rrr 2nd hand. The car is going well however i find on our track that it doesnt grip really well. It tends to slide out going around corners a fair bit. I would have to say our track is fairly low grip as it is set up in a carparking lot. Im just woundering what set up advice you could give me. I also run a front one way , and i also use grippy tyres all round. 26 35 front & 30 35 rear.

Cheers
Ray
I had the same problem. The car was pushing on turns, I found out it was the tires. Are the tires new, and trued???
Old 06-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

How do you guys like the Kyosho tires? How do they handle and how does the wheel hold up?
Old 06-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cheers
Ray
Try using light oil in diff rear diff.....
start with 10000....
use stock droop 0 front 4 rear
track width 200 rear 199 front
toe in rear start at 3 degrees
front sway bar soft(horizontal)
rear sway bar soft like 1.8 or softer
600 wt shock oil....black springs front -rear
camber 4 rear 2.5 front
rollcenters lowered front and rear
shock positions laydown

hope this helps
this is just a rough setup dont hold me to it

front diff might work if the track is real slippery.....
Old 06-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

my car has a lot of play in the upper front sus. arms, one side has like 1mm of play and the other side has between 2 and 3mm of play, measured the bulkheads where the arms go and one side is bigger than the the other, anybody had this problem before? is it suposed to have any play (wich i doubt it) or do i have bad bulkheads?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oderem
my car has a lot of play in the upper front sus. arms, one side has like 1mm of play and the other side has between 2 and 3mm of play, measured the bulkheads where the arms go and one side is bigger than the the other, anybody had this problem before? is it suposed to have any play (wich i doubt it) or do i have bad bulkheads?
Make sure that when you tighten everything down, your car is sitting on a setup board. If you want to reduce the play, you can use the Kyosho 3mm shim set (Kyosho 96641 3x5 Sim Set - 0.1mm, 0.2mm, 0.3mm ; 10 each) to clean things up a bit. There has been some discussion if there should be any play at all. Some say that there should be no play at all - some say there should be some. I use shims and when I reassembled my car recently, I did have maybe 0.1-0.2mm of play.

Were you in a crash at all or has it always been like this?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Make sure that when you tighten everything down, your car is sitting on a setup board. If you want to reduce the play, you can use the Kyosho 3mm shim set (Kyosho 96641 3x5 Sim Set - 0.1mm, 0.2mm, 0.3mm ; 10 each) to clean things up a bit. There has been some discussion if there should be any play at all. Some say that there should be no play at all - some say there should be some. I use shims and when I reassembled my car recently, I did have maybe 0.1-0.2mm of play.

Were you in a crash at all or has it always been like this?
it's brand new, as soon as i finished building notice the play on the arms, the bulkheads looks stretched where the upper arms go, more on one side than the other.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

i just disassembled the front sus. and put it back up and the slop was reduced considerably, it has about .5mm now, looks like the belt tensioners was the cause of the slop and the diffence between one side and the other.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Actually the setups have been on the old site, just that no one ever really got on there.

I actually think they just opened Shopatron now.

T-shirts.... everyone should get one, they are way cool. Just make sure when you guys order the team shirts, put a note on the order that Dom told you about it so Joel knows I'm doing my promotion part of the job! While you are at it, don't forget the pit towel!

Dom
Dom,
You think we can have a pit towel that just says "KYOSHO"? The current version with the EVOLVA WORLD ChAMP stuff is okay, but I don't even run that car. Also, it says 2005 and gives the impression of a dated product. Can you get the ball rolling for a new pit towel? I think the kyosho in you avatar would be a great template to use.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

i never oil up my one-way bearings. i find they get greasy by themselves and i really couldn't be bothered
Old 06-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
i never oil up my one-way bearings. i find they get greasy by themselves and i really couldn't be bothered
prevention is always better than the cure, james
Old 06-08-2006, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Cheers all for your help. However...im very new to all these adjustments.. Ive just come from a rs4 that didnt have many things to adjust.. couple more q's if i could.... How do i adjust the droop.... u said track width.. where do i measure this distance from.....rear sway bar soft like 1.8 or softer ???????? does anyone have a "Setting Data Sheet" they could e-mail me.. Thanks again for all your help... I will start doing all that other stuff now and i will see how i go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.