Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Looks like Joel has updated the Kyosho America website, you can see the street price and release date of the EVO on www.kyoshoamerica.com

Dom
The Web site is much better than it was before. A few things haven't been updated, but hopefully they will get around to it. PDF setup sheets and manuals need to open into a seperate Window.

Nice to see national setup sheets for a change. It's interesting that Marc ran the 24T and Sal ran the 23T at Vegas. Not only that, they both ran 30K rear diff oil.

Were Kyosho parts always available at Shopatron??

Kit tires @ 20.99 a pair
http://www.shopatron.com/index/410.0.12068.14710.0.0.0

RRR option parts:
http://www.shopatron.com/index/pg=2/...2069.16509.0.0

Team T-Shirts! - Now we can all look like we're sponsored!!
http://www.shopatron.com/index/pg=2/...68.12264.0.0.0

Kyosho banners and "flags on a rope"?! Don't tempt me like that!
Old 06-06-2006, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Damn those tyres are expensive! I am in the Kyosho WC and we can only use those!!

rmdhawaii you must do less than me the amout of time your on here

Old 06-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ziggy12345
rmdhawaii you must do less than me the amout of time your on here

yeah where do you find the time?
Old 06-06-2006, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

I don't sleep.

When I love doing something as much as I do nitro racing, I always make time for it. Even if it's just a few minutes at a time throughout the day (which is better than one huge block of time). Before you know it, it looks like I'm on 24x7.

I wish I had more time to commit to this hobby, but I do have to work for a living and have a life. I don't think I spend more than 1-2 hours a day here - which is nothing compared to some of the other things that I've done or do. I'm not joking when I say that I don't sleep.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:17 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Munkmotion
Quick question:

What is the smallest/lightest starter box, or starting system that is compatible for use with the V One RRR?

I need something I can put in a backpack, as I dont have a car atm and need to travel by foot to races.

Currently I have a ofna box with a lead battery... it's toooo big and heavy to be lugging around on trains!!

Thanks!
The Serpent start box is small, light and works very well with the RRR.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:25 AM
jag
Tech Master

Well, I just took on a new challenge, something fun to do for our Rose Cup 2-day event this Sunday.

I'll be taking on my good friend, a local electric ace in an electric sedan with a modified motor (his choice, more than likely a 7T motor) and me in my RRR. We each get 10 laps empty track and will see who can post the fastest single lap! Have no idea what the layout will be, but it'll be on a VHT treated parking lot about 150ft back straight, probably a 180 on and a sweeper off.

It should be fun! To beat a 7T sedan isn't going to be very easy at all, but definitely looking forward to it. Loser of course buys drinks and dinner.

Dom
Make us proud.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
yeah thats the kyosho swaybar on the back. i think kawahara have stopped making their version now
You have a part number?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
I don't sleep.

When I love doing something as much as I do nitro racing, I always make time for it. Even if it's just a few minutes at a time throughout the day (which is better than one huge block of time). Before you know it, it looks like I'm on 24x7.

I wish I had more time to commit to this hobby, but I do have to work for a living and have a life. I don't think I spend more than 1-2 hours a day here - which is nothing compared to some of the other things that I've done or do. I'm not joking when I say that I don't sleep.
Its called "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder"

Old 06-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Nice to see national setup sheets for a change. It's interesting that Marc ran the 24T and Sal ran the 23T at Vegas. Not only that, they both ran 30K rear diff oil.

Were Kyosho parts always available at Shopatron??

Kit tires @ 20.99 a pair
http://www.shopatron.com/index/410.0.12068.14710.0.0.0

RRR option parts:
http://www.shopatron.com/index/pg=2/...2069.16509.0.0

Team T-Shirts! - Now we can all look like we're sponsored!!
http://www.shopatron.com/index/pg=2/...68.12264.0.0.0

Kyosho banners and "flags on a rope"?! Don't tempt me like that!
Actually the setups have been on the old site, just that no one ever really got on there.

I actually think they just opened Shopatron now.

T-shirts.... everyone should get one, they are way cool. Just make sure when you guys order the team shirts, put a note on the order that Dom told you about it so Joel knows I'm doing my promotion part of the job! While you are at it, don't forget the pit towel!

Dom
Old 06-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default HMM

Actually the setups have been on the old site, just that no one ever really got on there.

I actually think they just opened Shopatron now.

T-shirts.... everyone should get one, they are way cool. Just make sure when you guys order the team shirts, put a note on the order that Dom told you about it so Joel knows I'm doing my promotion part of the job! While you are at it, don't forget the pit towel!

Dom
YOUR DOING YOUR PART
Old 06-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
The Serpent start box is small, light and works very well with the RRR.

The "Snake" box is nice. I used to have one but not sure why I got rid of it. Dropped a couple 17T motors in there and it'll crank any motors over! Then you can also put in the glowtronic to fire up your plugs! Awesome box! Best of all, it's lightweight and extremely sturdy!

Dom
Old 06-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

I'd like to say for a newbie trying to find things about this car is very HARD because NO-ONE WILL ANSWER MY QUESTION. You all have probably not read it or just said I DON'T CARE SO I WON'T POST. I was thinking of buying one of these cars but my sights are else where because of YOU.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hicksey
I'd like to say for a newbie trying to find things about this car is very HARD because NO-ONE WILL ANSWER MY QUESTION. You all have probably not read it or just said I DON'T CARE SO I WON'T POST. I was thinking of buying one of these cars but my sights are else where because of YOU.
Hicksey, sorry you didn't get a prompt response. Your question is probably a bit hard to understand for some. As for your question earlier, are you asking the difference between the rubber version and the foam verion of the RRR? The ones you can find on the regular Kyosho website? The RRR (non-WCE) is being replaced by the new RRR EVO kit. But if you still can get a hold of the regular RRR kit, here are the differences on the rubber tires kit...

-Equipped with precision cut 4-bevel front diff that allows you to choose your setting with different diff oil viscosities.
-Low-geared with pinion change to 15/20 from 16/21. Gear ratio setting focussed on improved pick-up by matching the 64mm (approx.) rubber tires.
-10mm sized servo saver produces mild steering characteristics.
-Side pulley changed to 24 from 23 teeth to set the front : rear drive ratio to 1 : 1 to match the same-sized rubber tires on front rear.
-Changed rear wheel offset produces optimal surface clearance for rubber tires so friction is reduced even during extended running times.
-Equipped with φ1.1 x 2 shock pistons to produce absorption rates that match rubber tire characteristics and move smoothly right from the beginning. Suitable for high-powered engines.

Hope this helps.
Dom
Old 06-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Spongebob Rubber pants.

Check the differences on the site, they are all laid out for the inquisitive sorts!

Foam:
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products..._series-e.html

Rubber:
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products..._rrr_rt-e.html

You can convert between the two very easily. I have and do often. A lot of the parts are included.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default using a front diff..

hey guys
when installing a front diff what is the best ackerman plate to use ?
i tried using the standard the stock 11 but the diff case binds at the ackerman plate.

is their a smaller diff case or do you guys just dremel down the casing ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.