R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #7246
Tech Fanatic
 
robert maestrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miramar
Posts: 906
Default

[QUOTE=rmdhawaii]Hi Guys,

How often are you replacing your 2nd shoe set?

[/QUOTE

they normally last pretty long time...I maintain them by cleaning them...once the car starts shifting later than normal...they must be adjusted......best thing to do is when you have one that is set perfect for you, measure it with a caliper then when you need to replace it youll have a direct fit with the next.
robert maestrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:25 PM   #7247
Tech Elite
 
maskedrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MP9 is here ...stay tune !
Posts: 2,039
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Hi Guys,

How often are you replacing your 2nd shoe set?


the 2nd speed shoe indeed last quite a while like about 7 to 8 races...
i will look into it ,example , if the shoes are almost silver in colour and cause there will be no fiction between the 2nd spur.... And of course, when changing it...use a fine sandpaper to sand it all the eage of the shoe for smooth rolling and dun tighten it like the manaul shown... if not, quite difficult to gauge between the spur. I will tighten till the level which the screw hole is and later then tighten according to the track.... the rest of the FAQ, refer to Hawaii web.....
__________________
Kyosho- Sirio/ OS engine- AVID bearing- Blue thunder fuel- Proline- RC dynamite- Sanwa- RC Art
maskedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:58 AM   #7248
Tech Regular
 
V1-RRR-WC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: RC World
Posts: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Hi Guys,

How often are you replacing your 2nd shoe set?


Taking extreme care to make sure that both hex adjusting screws are tightened equally. I find that getting it to the point just before the shoes start to expand is perfect for use with the OS 5P motor and gearing I run.

Basically, no tortional play between the shoes and the shaft. As already mentioned, I then check this over if my shift points are not smack on.

Measuring the outer dia. and keeping record of it, is a great idea.

Last edited by V1-RRR-WC; 06-11-2006 at 06:09 AM.
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #7249
Tech Apprentice
 
antoine80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 94
Default question on RRR setting up manual

hello all,

i have a question on RRR the setting data manual. in camber adjustment session in the manual they mention something about 0G and 1G with 2 different ranges of values for 0G the range is 0~1 and for 1G is 1~2 for the front and something else for the rear. What are these 0G and 1G? also the same thing is mentioned for the caster settings.

antony
antoine80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #7250
Tech Regular
 
dougday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoine80
hello all,

i have a question on RRR the setting data manual. in camber adjustment session in the manual they mention something about 0G and 1G with 2 different ranges of values for 0G the range is 0~1 and for 1G is 1~2 for the front and something else for the rear. What are these 0G and 1G? also the same thing is mentioned for the caster settings.

antony
I think 0G is with the chassis elevated and the wheels suspended.

1G is with the chassis resting on the suspension.
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #7251
Tech Apprentice
 
antoine80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougday
I think 0G is with the chassis elevated and the wheels suspended.

1G is with the chassis resting on the suspension.
i am sorry but my english doesn't help me too much what do you mean "suspended" & "resting"?

also if these are two different states of the chassis why is there a range of camber values? also i suppose the camber values are in degrees, so it is 0~1 degrees and 1~2 degrees
antoine80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #7252
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoine80
i am sorry but my english doesn't help me too much what do you mean "suspended" & "resting"?

also if these are two different states of the chassis why is there a range of camber values? also i suppose the camber values are in degrees, so it is 0~1 degrees and 1~2 degrees
0g = the car is on a car stand or something where the wheels are off the ground (suspended)

1g = the car is on the ground, the weight is (resting) on the suspention
oderem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #7253
Tech Apprentice
 
antoine80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oderem
suspended means that the car is on a car stand or something where the wheels are off the ground
ok

thnx
antoine80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #7254
Tech Elite
 
maskedrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MP9 is here ...stay tune !
Posts: 2,039
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

__________________
Kyosho- Sirio/ OS engine- AVID bearing- Blue thunder fuel- Proline- RC dynamite- Sanwa- RC Art
maskedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:14 AM   #7255
Tech Elite
 
maskedrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MP9 is here ...stay tune !
Posts: 2,039
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

wheres everybody goes ???

Hmm.....All down with Germany World Cup Fever !!!!!!
__________________
Kyosho- Sirio/ OS engine- AVID bearing- Blue thunder fuel- Proline- RC dynamite- Sanwa- RC Art
maskedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #7256
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrider
wheres everybody goes ???

Hmm.....All down with Germany World Cup Fever !!!!!!
rmd must be catching up on his sleep.

My car is in pieces, it's not nitro season here now. We only club race during the summer. It's too hot.
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #7257
Tech Elite
 
litespeed-dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 3,990
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I had a 2-day event this past weekend. To give the spectators more to see we ran triple A-Main formats, 10 min each main. I ended up TQ'ing and won both A1 & A2, sat out A3. Did quite a bit of setup changes and trying different things.

The traction was good on Saturday, quite lower on Sunday. SP chassis worked great in both condition with a few different setups. So the opinion on the SP chassis only good on high traction and no too good on low traction is a bit overrated. Car transitioned great.

One thing I noticed one setup part of the car that doesn't get mentioned a lot is the rear camber links. I tried different spacers in and outboard and the feedback the car gave me was great and clear. It's a great tuning aid for fine tuning. At one point I didn't want to change the droop, spring, shock angle and sway so I put in a 1mm spacer in and that complimented the entire setup.

And dare I mentioned I broke in the EVO STI. That motor is ballsy!

Dom
__________________
Team Kyosho America - Team Br00d Racing - Team R/C Plus - GQ Racing Tyres - Slapmaster Tools - FSX Racing
litespeed-dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:38 AM   #7258
jag
Tech Master
 
jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: So. Florida
Posts: 1,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I had a 2-day event this past weekend. To give the spectators more to see we ran triple A-Main formats, 10 min each main. I ended up TQ'ing and won both A1 & A2, sat out A3. Did quite a bit of setup changes and trying different things.
Good job.

Quote:
The traction was good on Saturday, quite lower on Sunday. SP chassis worked great in both condition with a few different setups. So the opinion on the SP chassis only good on high traction and no too good on low traction is a bit overrated. Car transitioned great.

One thing I noticed one setup part of the car that doesn't get mentioned a lot is the rear camber links. I tried different spacers in and outboard and the feedback the car gave me was great and clear. It's a great tuning aid for fine tuning. At one point I didn't want to change the droop, spring, shock angle and sway so I put in a 1mm spacer in and that complimented the entire setup.
Can you give us a copy of your setup sheets along with the track condition for each?

Quote:
And dare I mentioned I broke in the EVO STI. That motor is ballsy!

Dom
Is it noticably faster than the EVO3?
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:57 AM   #7259
Tech Elite
 
litespeed-dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 3,990
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Sure, pm me your email address and I'll send it out to whoever wants it.

As Mike was telling me, it was a weird weekend for motor tuning. The moisture in the air was changing constantly. Both our STI ran around 250 for good power. Anything less than 240 you just can't get power out of it, and it likes being in the 250-260 range anyway. Motor is stronger overall. Mike tested his with the new RB pipe w/ medium header then a VR12+ pipe, he said the RB/medium header had way too much torque for Sunday, the VR12+ made the car easier to drive. I didn't do any pipe testing, I wanted to make sure I give the STI consistency at its early stages.

Dom
__________________
Team Kyosho America - Team Br00d Racing - Team R/C Plus - GQ Racing Tyres - Slapmaster Tools - FSX Racing
litespeed-dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #7260
Tech Fanatic
 
Osiris 75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Converse, TX
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Sure, pm me your email address and I'll send it out to whoever wants it.

As Mike was telling me, it was a weird weekend for motor tuning. The moisture in the air was changing constantly. Both our STI ran around 250 for good power. Anything less than 240 you just can't get power out of it, and it likes being in the 250-260 range anyway. Motor is stronger overall. Mike tested his with the new RB pipe w/ medium header then a VR12+ pipe, he said the RB/medium header had way too much torque for Sunday, the VR12+ made the car easier to drive. I didn't do any pipe testing, I wanted to make sure I give the STI consistency at its early stages.

Dom
Are you using the Kyosho clutch assembly for the Sirio??
__________________
SPONSORS: AWESOMATIX USA / HOBBYWING USA / AVID CONCEPTS / R1 WURKS / POWERMASTER FUELS (VP RACING) / 2MM DESIGNS
RC TARGET/CAPRICORN USA / REFLEX RACING / ULTI TIRES

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net