Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by silverM3
what do you guys think about EAST as hopups? thx.
I run the East rear shock tower, its okay, but no better than the Skyline, 3-Racing ones etc
Old 06-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Mark, also check if any of your wires are exposed and touching the chassis.
what is the part number for the titanium 2 speed shaft?
Old 06-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

ok, I am confused about this tire thing on the WCE.

So, it is my understanding that in stock form
the front uses 0mm offset wheels and
the rear uses 2mm offset wheels.

Now, if you want to use the same type/brand of wheels it is very difficult to find 0mm offset fronts and 2mm offset rears.

For instance, fast tires which a lot of the guys I race with use (for their MTX-3) is 2mm offset both front and rear.

Is there an advantage to running the 2mm offset rears? If not, then I guess I could use the optional universals and use both 0mm offset front and rear.

Can someone give me some direction on this? What tires they use, etc?
Old 06-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joemugen

VZW209
Old 06-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just read on RC car action that V1RRR just won the car of the year award
Old 06-26-2005, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRAJ
Crankshaft pins fail due to the material they are made from no matter what temp the motor reaches the engine/engine makers should ensure that it doesnt happen.
How do you suppose, they (the manufacturer) can ensure that a "MECHANICAL" item doesn't fail? There is a such thing as wear and tear, ya' know? Like heat (in this case - the friction which creates heat), especially excessive heat, which will quickly advance the break down process of the metals. Yes, the materials should be able to withstand heat levels, but within reason. This is why manufacturers include special instructions about the break-in process (heat enduced, meshing of metals), operating temperatures and after run care (perserving the integrity of engine's internal metals). Are you following the instructions, sir?

Last edited by kewdawg; 06-28-2005 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rodneybarrett
For instance, fast tires which a lot of the guys I race with use (for their MTX-3) is 2mm offset both front and rear.
2mm offset front ???
The Mugen MTX3 guys I race with run 0mm offset front and 2mm offset rear.

I was always under the impression that a longer suspension arm would produce more grip, but others at the track say a 2mm offset rear wheel has less wheel flex, so I guess you have to balance one against the other and find which you prefer.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kewdawg
How do you suppose, they (the manufacturer) can ensure that a "MECHANICAL" item doesn't fail? There is a such thing as wear and tear, ya' know? Like heat (in this case - the friction which creates heat), especially excessive heat, which will quickly advance the break down process of the metals. Yes, the materials should be able to withstand heat levels, but within reason. This is why manufacturers include special instructions about the break-in process (heat enduced, messing of metals), operating temperatures and after run care (perserving the integrity of engine's internal metals). Are you following the instructions, sir?
There is no garantee that the parts wont fail but when it happens to afair number of engines down here in Australia at our State Titles it makes you wonder. I am following what yor saying. I do not own a Sirio.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

These engines that have failed havent been in the hands of "beginners", they`ve failed in the hands of some of the top racers here, who certainly know how to run-in and tune a engine.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndyT ©
These engines that have failed havent been in the hands of "beginners", they`ve failed in the hands of some of the top racers here, who certainly know how to run-in and tune a engine.
I'm not saying they don't. But some of us like to put the blame elsewhere, before looking at ourselves. Each year, new engines come out, that require slightly different handling methods than the previous year's edition. Such as more time and fuel to fully break-in an engine. How many times have you heard someone say: Man - I put almost a gallon thru this engine and it's still not broken in, yet!? There was a time when six tanks of fuel were enough to seat the piston and sleeve. Now this is no more. A lot of us continue to use the old method(s) for breaking in engines - not to mention many different methods. Everyone has there take on how to properly break in an engine. Hence my, half-joking, previous statement about "user error".

We must remember: In mass production, you're definitely going to have some duds out of the THOUSANDS produced. I think this crankshaft issue falls under that catagory. I haven't heard anything in my region (northeastern US) about the crankshaft going, but I've heard about numerous carbs leaking (i've had TWO myself!).
Old 06-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kewdawg
I'm not saying they don't. But some of us like to put the blame elsewhere, before looking at ourselves. Each year, new engines come out, that require slightly different handling methods than the previous year's edition. Such as more time and fuel to fully break-in an engine. How many times have you heard someone say: Man - I put almost a gallon thru this engine and it's still not broken in, yet!? There was a time when six tanks of fuel were enough to seat the piston and sleeve. Now this is no more. A lot of us continue to use the old method(s) for breaking in engines - not to mention many different methods. Everyone has there take on how to properly break in an engine. Hence my, half-joking, previous statement about "user error".

We must remember: In mass production, you're definitely going to have some duds out of the THOUSANDS produced. I think this crankshaft issue falls under that catagory. I haven't heard anything in my region (northeastern US) about the crankshaft going, but I've heard about numerous carbs leaking (i've had TWO myself!).
Its pretty much common knowlege that these engines break the crankpin off. Simple as that.. We had a Worlds edition engine that was run in, did one race meeting with reasonable performance and then broke the crank pin off the next time it was run. I have seen many more that have failed in this way...

The thing to remember in all of this is Sirio (we all know who they are) are in their infancy, and these things are going to happen. Many people will remember the debarcle we all had when the long stroke engine was developed back in the mid 90's. I remember going to a major race meeting and hearing all the cheers as one after one they all detonated down the main straight..... from memory we all ran out of engines....

As for carb leaks, well our experience tells us when you get a good carby stick to it. Carbs are a bit of a lucky dip...

Sirio will fix this problem in due course. The quality of their work is second to none, in fact i think it has been adressed on the latest spec engines.

Regards

Kyle
Old 06-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello
Sirio have come an increadibly long way in a very short period of time and the engines have got better and better. The latest EVO3 is very good indeed and available now.

Kyle Hazell
Totally agree with you. If you find a good carb then stick with it !!

The main reason for my post is that i am after some help. Could some one please point me in the direction of optional extra's for the RRR. I would like shock towers which allow you to stand the front shocks up further and a light weight solid front axle. Yes i could make them but would like to take the easy option !

Thanks
Old 06-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by air jordan
Mr Jeffreylin, may I know what roll centre block do you use for the front and rear? Thanks again!
Hi there, I use 2nd highest for front and 2nd lowest for the rear.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joemugen
VZW209
Old 06-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spashett
Hello
Sirio have come an increadibly long way in a very short period of time and the engines have got better and better. The latest EVO3 is very good indeed and available now.

Kyle Hazell
Totally agree with you. If you find a good carb then stick with it !!

The main reason for my post is that i am after some help. Could some one please point me in the direction of optional extra's for the RRR. I would like shock towers which allow you to stand the front shocks up further and a light weight solid front axle. Yes i could make them but would like to take the easy option !

Thanks
The optional graphite front shock tower will allow you to stand your shocks more upright than the standard plastic one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.