R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #3151
Tech Fanatic
 
AndyT 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverM3
what do you guys think about EAST as hopups? thx.
I run the East rear shock tower, its okay, but no better than the Skyline, 3-Racing ones etc
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #3152
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Mark, also check if any of your wires are exposed and touching the chassis.
what is the part number for the titanium 2 speed shaft?
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:50 PM   #3153
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 852
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

ok, I am confused about this tire thing on the WCE.

So, it is my understanding that in stock form
the front uses 0mm offset wheels and
the rear uses 2mm offset wheels.

Now, if you want to use the same type/brand of wheels it is very difficult to find 0mm offset fronts and 2mm offset rears.

For instance, fast tires which a lot of the guys I race with use (for their MTX-3) is 2mm offset both front and rear.



Is there an advantage to running the 2mm offset rears? If not, then I guess I could use the optional universals and use both 0mm offset front and rear.


Can someone give me some direction on this? What tires they use, etc?
rodneybarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 08:01 PM   #3154
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen
what is the part number for the titanium 2 speed shaft?

VZW209
3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 11:44 PM   #3155
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I just read on RC car action that V1RRR just won the car of the year award
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:24 AM   #3156
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAJ
Crankshaft pins fail due to the material they are made from no matter what temp the motor reaches the engine/engine makers should ensure that it doesnt happen.
How do you suppose, they (the manufacturer) can ensure that a "MECHANICAL" item doesn't fail? There is a such thing as wear and tear, ya' know? Like heat (in this case - the friction which creates heat), especially excessive heat, which will quickly advance the break down process of the metals. Yes, the materials should be able to withstand heat levels, but within reason. This is why manufacturers include special instructions about the break-in process (heat enduced, meshing of metals), operating temperatures and after run care (perserving the integrity of engine's internal metals). Are you following the instructions, sir?
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC

Last edited by kewdawg; 06-29-2005 at 12:11 AM.
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:36 AM   #3157
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneybarrett
For instance, fast tires which a lot of the guys I race with use (for their MTX-3) is 2mm offset both front and rear.
2mm offset front ???
The Mugen MTX3 guys I race with run 0mm offset front and 2mm offset rear.

I was always under the impression that a longer suspension arm would produce more grip, but others at the track say a 2mm offset rear wheel has less wheel flex, so I guess you have to balance one against the other and find which you prefer.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:45 AM   #3158
Tech Master
 
TRAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
How do you suppose, they (the manufacturer) can ensure that a "MECHANICAL" item doesn't fail? There is a such thing as wear and tear, ya' know? Like heat (in this case - the friction which creates heat), especially excessive heat, which will quickly advance the break down process of the metals. Yes, the materials should be able to withstand heat levels, but within reason. This is why manufacturers include special instructions about the break-in process (heat enduced, messing of metals), operating temperatures and after run care (perserving the integrity of engine's internal metals). Are you following the instructions, sir?
There is no garantee that the parts wont fail but when it happens to afair number of engines down here in Australia at our State Titles it makes you wonder. I am following what yor saying. I do not own a Sirio.
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:56 AM   #3159
Tech Fanatic
 
AndyT 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 862
Default

These engines that have failed havent been in the hands of "beginners", they`ve failed in the hands of some of the top racers here, who certainly know how to run-in and tune a engine.
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:25 AM   #3160
Tech Elite
 
kewdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sneederville, USA
Posts: 3,311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT
These engines that have failed havent been in the hands of "beginners", they`ve failed in the hands of some of the top racers here, who certainly know how to run-in and tune a engine.
I'm not saying they don't. But some of us like to put the blame elsewhere, before looking at ourselves. Each year, new engines come out, that require slightly different handling methods than the previous year's edition. Such as more time and fuel to fully break-in an engine. How many times have you heard someone say: Man - I put almost a gallon thru this engine and it's still not broken in, yet!? There was a time when six tanks of fuel were enough to seat the piston and sleeve. Now this is no more. A lot of us continue to use the old method(s) for breaking in engines - not to mention many different methods. Everyone has there take on how to properly break in an engine. Hence my, half-joking, previous statement about "user error".

We must remember: In mass production, you're definitely going to have some duds out of the THOUSANDS produced. I think this crankshaft issue falls under that catagory. I haven't heard anything in my region (northeastern US) about the crankshaft going, but I've heard about numerous carbs leaking (i've had TWO myself!).
__________________
Quinn Moon

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:34 AM   #3161
Tech Regular
 
Kyle Hazell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 371
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewdawg
I'm not saying they don't. But some of us like to put the blame elsewhere, before looking at ourselves. Each year, new engines come out, that require slightly different handling methods than the previous year's edition. Such as more time and fuel to fully break-in an engine. How many times have you heard someone say: Man - I put almost a gallon thru this engine and it's still not broken in, yet!? There was a time when six tanks of fuel were enough to seat the piston and sleeve. Now this is no more. A lot of us continue to use the old method(s) for breaking in engines - not to mention many different methods. Everyone has there take on how to properly break in an engine. Hence my, half-joking, previous statement about "user error".

We must remember: In mass production, you're definitely going to have some duds out of the THOUSANDS produced. I think this crankshaft issue falls under that catagory. I haven't heard anything in my region (northeastern US) about the crankshaft going, but I've heard about numerous carbs leaking (i've had TWO myself!).
Its pretty much common knowlege that these engines break the crankpin off. Simple as that.. We had a Worlds edition engine that was run in, did one race meeting with reasonable performance and then broke the crank pin off the next time it was run. I have seen many more that have failed in this way...

The thing to remember in all of this is Sirio (we all know who they are) are in their infancy, and these things are going to happen. Many people will remember the debarcle we all had when the long stroke engine was developed back in the mid 90's. I remember going to a major race meeting and hearing all the cheers as one after one they all detonated down the main straight..... from memory we all ran out of engines....

As for carb leaks, well our experience tells us when you get a good carby stick to it. Carbs are a bit of a lucky dip...

Sirio will fix this problem in due course. The quality of their work is second to none, in fact i think it has been adressed on the latest spec engines.

Regards

Kyle
Kyle Hazell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:00 PM   #3162
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 26
Default

Hello
Sirio have come an increadibly long way in a very short period of time and the engines have got better and better. The latest EVO3 is very good indeed and available now.

Kyle Hazell
Totally agree with you. If you find a good carb then stick with it !!

The main reason for my post is that i am after some help. Could some one please point me in the direction of optional extra's for the RRR. I would like shock towers which allow you to stand the front shocks up further and a light weight solid front axle. Yes i could make them but would like to take the easy option !

Thanks
spashett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:03 PM   #3163
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by air jordan
Mr Jeffreylin, may I know what roll centre block do you use for the front and rear? Thanks again!
Hi there, I use 2nd highest for front and 2nd lowest for the rear.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:03 PM   #3164
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen
what is the part number for the titanium 2 speed shaft?
VZW209
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #3165
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spashett
Hello
Sirio have come an increadibly long way in a very short period of time and the engines have got better and better. The latest EVO3 is very good indeed and available now.

Kyle Hazell
Totally agree with you. If you find a good carb then stick with it !!

The main reason for my post is that i am after some help. Could some one please point me in the direction of optional extra's for the RRR. I would like shock towers which allow you to stand the front shocks up further and a light weight solid front axle. Yes i could make them but would like to take the easy option !

Thanks
The optional graphite front shock tower will allow you to stand your shocks more upright than the standard plastic one.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:10 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net